REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 6, 2001
I know that waiting is right
I will stay with God and hang tight
and pray with all my might
in heaven is a beautiful sight
while on earth I have this plight
and as long as I have God I am strong to fight
I won't look at my surroundings of my people because my heart will set with fright.
Right now is white woman's day
and the black woman's night
but I won't fear because God in heaven is my light
I use to fear and cry a silent tear
I knew God was near
I can feel him in words of expression
to wait on God there is no stressin.
Interracial dating many may not want to see
but it is here to stay and love is free
focus on the Lord for those who feel left behind
as God told Lot's wife look not back or to your left or right
God has a better plan for us in sight
Let all love who they want ,
when God made us he did not make junk
God did not make us for laughter or a joke and to be called the undesired, made fun of many have spoke
as we live and learn
God is our refuge and his blessings will abide
He will bless our husbands not to desire no other
they will wonder why they can't have that brother
he may look he may be desired
only this time by God he is inspired
Will God smile upon our flesh to be desired?
or will we continue to be cast aside by our own and undesired?
I think not because he has blessed us too
he will refresh our love like the morning dew
the tables will turn one day you will see
when we will be sought after to marry.

Tysha Lema/artist/poet
Copyrighted © 2001
All Rights Reserved

Abisha,

You and I may not have always agreed on certain (yet I love and respect you much) things in the past:), but I want you to know sis, that I felt every line of this poem. It is so true...period. Moreover, the poem points in the direction of God for patience and wisdom concerning our mate and our personal self esteem.

Gurl the tables are already turning (and turning rapidly) as more sisters are crossingover than ever before. Moreover, more married interracially last year than did brothers (even though brothas crossed over more often) who crossed over.
In my town I see a lot of this from the sistahs and I have asked many of them why. They always say that so many brothas have dogged them and they are tired of it or that the brothas are doing it and have 'forced their hand' in the matter. This to me, is a very distrubing trend. :frown: Not that I feel interracial relationships are wrong, but some of the REASONS :eek: for crossing over. No matter how many of us choose to crossover, the unity within the AA community must be maintained, seeing that it is already fragile.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks for posting this heartfelt :heart: poem.

Joyce...ya sistah in poetry.

Will God smile upon our flesh to be desired?
or will we continue to be cast aside by our own and undesired?
I think not because he has blessed us too
he will refresh our love like the morning dew

AMEN...So Be It!!!:spinn:

@Joyce

You know my sis. even those that live in the same house do not always agree , but the love is still there. I don't have to think like you or you don't have to think like me in order for us to carry love in our hearts. I know there is nothing between disagreements because no matter what we are family; however it is great to be understood , even if we are different colors from one another we are human. We all know in our immediate families that some members are treated better than others, in this case society's blacks had been the black sheep of the family in society; like if the there are jelly beans or black licorice it is usually the most distastful treat.

:toast: However Joyce I must agree with you:lol: I see white men taking on black women in not just a night out but they are beginging to ask thier hand in marriage as well.

I guess if Ebony King won't there are other Kings to replace him and life goes on , my point is...Why should we sit on "An Isle of Patmos" by ourselves when God did not design us to be alone.

We are women too and want to be delicatley handled as well and treated with respect and loved. Love is not suppose to be a color , the devil made it that way and enforces his belifes through man kind.

I say forget what man thinks and if a man/woman needs a companion than color should not be an issue , but it should be how he treats you. I dont' think men should actively pursue women because of the status of their skin but their character.

Sis. I am talking to my own self as well because I have never dated IR and maybe it is my fault if I am alone or not, and God may have the selected man right before my eyes and I have been waiting and God may have already answered my prayers in another color.:toast: Thank You Sis.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back