Black People : The System

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Oct 5, 2008.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hi Fambly,

I have heard a few people say they are not a part of the system in the United States. To not be a part of the system means you don't have to pay an electric bill because you have your own power supply. You don't have to pay a water bill or buy food because you have your own water and grow your own food on your own land for which you do not have to pay property taxes because you and your land are not a part of the system. If someone steals from you or your house catches fire you don't have to call 911 because you have your own police and fire departments. But most important if the government tries to take your land you're not worried about it because you have your own military. That is of utmost importance if you are truly liberated because no matter what you have if you live on the same planet with white folks if you can't protect it you can't keep it.

No Black person in this country is liberated but we are all totally dependent on the system for our every basic need. If white folks decide they don't want to sell us food there ain't too many of us who would even know how to feed ourselves. How is that being liberated? How can we have an army with tanks and airplanes to fight an enemy on whom we are totally dependent for gasoline to operate the darn things?

So what do we have to fight with? We have the vote. To refuse to participate in a system on which we are still totally dependent doesn't strike me as at he end result of critical thinking. It would be like it you have direct deposit and your paycheck goes directly into your bank account. Then you decide you don't like what the bank is doing so you don't want to be a part of the banking system. You throw away your passbook, tear up your checkbooks, and cut up your debit cards. Now you are liberated, you tell yourself. But your paycheck is still going to your bank account. Not only have you not changed the banks policy but now you no longer have access to your money.

The vote may not give us power but it does give us influence and a voice. If that were not a tool of consequence then why do white people use so much money, effort and ingenuity to keep us from voting? Because they know that historically whenever Black people vote in a block we make changes. It's the reason why we no longer live under jim crow laws. It's the reason why we are no longer forced to ride in coach when we buy a first class ticket. It's the reason why a mother can sue the KKK in court and win.

We can devalue what we have an silence the energy or our collective voice or we can let our voices be heard.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    :em0100:people who ain't never voted are registering in philly......

3. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    because it's a "sport" to them
    because it helps maintain the illusion that your voice means anything meaningful to them in this shystem and keeps people playing their games instead of working on the creation of your own....game
    because it keeps the focus on the other goings on they are building and which does not include you/me/we....nwo
    because they get a kick out of screwing with people's heads/minds
    because it's a game to them
    all just fun and politrikal games:jump:

I refuse to believe my Ancestors knew they were playing with a "stacked deck" against opponents as vicious as those we face....still fighting for equity in this game to Live Life....working to win Independence.

M.E.
    :hearts2:

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

river,
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

5. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    In Addition....

This:
    presupposes that "voting" is the "only way" that our collective energy can be expressed.
    Seems to me there is ample and abundant opportunities which have been and continue to be capitalized on....i.e. black internet forums, blogs, blogtalk radio shows, video's on youtube, google, news/podcasts where our collective energy and voices are expressed...and known. Prior to the advent of the internet, our voices where heard in newsprint, books, lectures, churches, street corners, courts of law even....along with the "vote".

M.E.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Abena,
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Sister speaks truth to Power! (The Both/And, and the All/And)

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    yes, it is. deadline for registration is monday 10/06

8. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    lol

9. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Yes, we need all that. And music, drama. letters to our congressman, whatever is available. Our oppressors oppress us in everyway they can. They throw everything into the pot. That's why it is so much easier for them to organize. We look for the "one way." the one method that will solve every issue. We need to use everything available because everything is being used against us.

Racism is global. There's no where on this planet we can go to get away from it. How can we be free by going back to Africa when the people who were born there aren't even free? The people who went to build Liberia had hope of starting their own. So did the Black folks who died in Jonestown. Say a large group of Africans in America decided to go to Africa and start a nation. We would still be totally Dependant on someone to grant us land and lend us food, labor and materials to get started. Which means of course there will be strings attached and right now the white man is the only one who has the power to pull those strings so nothing will be any different there than it is here.

10. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    This certainly

seems to be the case...most often then not.
    And it seems that one result of this faulty thinking...that there is "one way", we are now divided holding on to "our way" as "the way" which everyone "should" know and follow.

:lol::qqb020::puke2: all at the same time when I hear US hollering at US about what's "wrong" with US....when we share that which we have come to know.
    Someone is on the ready to tell one what is wrong with what they think or what they are doing or how they are doing it and a ready solution of just what, how, when you should be thinking or behaving and it's typically consistent with what that person perceives them self to think or do.

I wonder what supported the development of that behavior:?:
    Of course I have my theories and thoughts....however....I'm always interested in and am open to new information...for those who chose to share....keeping in mind..it's not so much "what" a person shares, yet "how" they share it...that will support me hearing it or running behind my walls for safety from so ish.

M.E.