Black People : The System is Destroying Our Children

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Bluewater, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    Eleven high school students were arrested yesterday after a brawl erupted on a sodden football field between students from two schools in South Baltimore's Cherry Hill neighborhood that have a history of enmity
    Click to Read More

What is happing in my town and more then likely many others is that the schools are closing. And they are making children go to school across town in neighborhood that they are not use to.

SO far we have had 13 schools closing here in Baltimore, and the children are lost. All I asked for was the parents to go to the school board and stop these people from hurting our children. It's hard. Because a day off work could mean a bill not being paid. But a lot of parents did come out, but the board mind was already set. In the long run our children are being use by the system in this town to fill there jails, so they can work in the prison system.

Right now Maryland is building multiples prison all over the city and state. And in these prison which are privately own and build but sponsor by the state are making furniture, books, clothing and other goods to sell to the public they even have a bulk mail service, and a online site. They call it rehabilitation, but when they leave with these new skills, no one will hire them because of there record. or because there is no high demand for these kind of workers. It is cheaper to buy from the prison system. So they say

So it just seem like this event and is another game plan. It is something going on every other day here in regards to our children. They are now building children jails in the neighborhood

The children in my City are having a very hard time . I know it is the same all over.

Prison Products

Made in the USA

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
  3. kamanu

kamanu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Who say slavery is over?

4. torch

torch Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    slavery has never ended its just something white folks blare to keep us in line...

I wonder why slavery rebellions are only talked about in HIS-story when white folks were involved... where's nat turner in the HIS-story books?

5. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    the system...

the same thing is happening in d.c.as the new mayor[elected by majority white vote]has elected to close down over a dozen schools and black folk are angry,but the chicken is already in the pot.

6. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    I remember Something Like that Happened at my High School
    It was A mess
    I am Not sure How many Student Were Suspended(or Expelled)
    I Believe it was around 20
    But people do Exaggerate
    It Was Stupid
    Wanna Be gang Feud
    Sensless.....
    People wee Doubleing
    It was all guys
    I do not know if any females fought...that was the major part of it....

7. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    we have a mayor here that cares ..... know him personally, so with regard to that their are some decent schools... my son is fortunate enough to go to a good one.... that will last until middle school then I will finance the rest of his education....

the gov on the other hand got a 12,000 raise in his salary, but cut budgets where money was necessary...

RI has passed the bill allowing convicted felons to vote.... they were able to vote in the last election... they have an office set up in the neighborhood where they are getting assisted with jobs ... finding apartments... detox if necessary......

it is run by black people also....

I mean it is a really small step..... but it made me hopeful....

then one of my childhood friends caught a 20 piece.... he tryin to wait it out and appeal it, as they are trying to modify the mandatory minimums here.......

SORRY A LIL OFF THE TOPIC BUT WHAT GETS ME IS THAT THESE PEDOPHILES AND CHILD ABUSERS GET A SLAP ON THE WRIST WHEN THEY CAN NOT, IMO, BE REHABILITATED AND YOU GET CAUGHT WITH LIKE ONE ROCK AND YOU GOING DOWN FOR LIFE!

8. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    I've heard a lot about Baltimore and the crime rate in the news and some official reports. Black America Web did a nice article on Baltimore's court system and juveniles, that I recommend.

I was not aware of the school closings, but I am not surprised. The east coast has a lot of old cities and a lot of old buildings that need to be razed. Many neighborhoods need to be razed too. I am from Cincinnati and when I went to visit a few years ago they had torn down the entire neighborhood I was raised in, schools and all, and built new townhouses. From my understaning, the people were given a short notice to find suitable and affordable housing elsewhere. Some were relocated to other government housing, others were given section eight vouchers, some others were left on their own. I now live near Wilmington, Delaware which is just south of Philadelphia. They closed most of the projects in Wilmington also, because of high crime and stagnation. Most of those people were given section eight vouchers also. The banking industry is big in Delaware, they bought up most of the property.

I am currently reading Bill Cosby's book, Come on People. I know he's not popular to many people on this site, but he has a lot to say to our community about helping ourselves out of this mess that is getting worse. If you are a poor person in the US, you are destined for trouble. As real estate prices escalate, landlords are going to sell their rental properties to developers, who are going to come in and throw every one out. Look at New Orleans, more than half of the people living there before Katrina were renters. That is why they can't return. The owners have either sold the properties or collected insurance money and will not rebuild and rent to low income families, as the cost of rebuilding is too high to rent at the same levels. In some cases, it can't be determined who actually owns certain property, since the owner of record has been long deceased.

Crime is out of control in the black community, a direct result of a failed education system and mis parenting. If we don't educate our kids, they will be unemployable and more likely to engage in crime. The jails are being built because it can be predicted from looking at dropout rates and reading scores, how many youth are going to resort to a life of crime. To say this is someone plotting against us doesn't solve the problem. The Justice department is there to arrest criminals, not to educate them. There certainly isn't anything wrong with teaching them to make things while in prison, they actually do better once they have the confidence they need to become productive citizens.

I still see some people are using the term slavery. One of my son's just had a gun pointed at his face a few weeks ago, by one of these "slaves". Let's get real about this, the crime's these kids are committing are a loud cry for help. Blame the white man all you want, but you are not addressing the problem by doing so. Vote for people who understand your concerns and put them in office, so that something can be done about this. Believe me, rich white men like George Bush, don't have the slightest understanding of the problems of the poor. You need to look at the next election for president as our final chance to get it right, Hilary or Barack will do. But do vote, or remain silent.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

This video talks about a phenomena called ... School to Prison Pipeline ... and anyone with children in the school system, should find this interesting, and be prepared to protect your children from what is going on.

Hope you enjoy:

Book 'Em: Undereducated, Overincarcerated

:heart:

Destee