Black Spirituality Religion : The Sunday Habit

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Sunlover, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Sunlover

Sunlover Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Challenge!

Sunlover,

Nice to meet you, Sunlover! This video you have place into a Thread is very familiar to me, to say the least. I will start with this, not knowing who you are, but you could be Jeremiah Camara, author of Holy Lockdown: Does the Church Limit Black Progress?, or you could be an associate.

Or perhaps, you could be Dr. Steve Cole, author of The Black Church The Root of the Problem of the Black Community. You see, I have no way of knowing, but that is besides the point I wish to make here!

Again, My name is Clyde C. Coger, Jr., and author of Does Color Matter? Only When Misrepresented!:The Bible depicts the Colors of Man and Consequences of false Representation, just click the link below, in my signature, that will take you there for a review.

Back to the issues; Dr. Cole is here in Memphis, TN, and I have had the pleasure of meeting and discussing our books. You see, Camara, Cole, and Coger, Jr. are all authors, but with different agendas. Its just totally ironic that I carry three C’s in my name, isn’t?

Well...Cole was simply baffled after our talk, and purchased my book. I didn’t purchase his for good reason. And it is the same reason that Camara explains in this video that you brought to the Destee.com Family. And that is, there is no solution offered. For example, After broad brush painting the plight of Black People and Religion, also a thing I’m against, religion–not the Bible, here is his solution:

Through reasoning and Logic, Sober up...Good, Truth, Love or Honor are timeless principles existing long before Man wrote the Bible. Break free from religion and release yourself on your own Recognizance.

The above solution is exactly what the video offers. Anyone fully understanding what I have presented here, should walk away knowing the absurdity couched within and throughout the so-called solution.

There is so much more I could say on this, however, I am available to you for direct questioning, if you desire, by all means let me know.

I will say this, the Black Church has been our refuge, it is lacking truth, especially that Jesus/Yashua, I prefer the Hebrew, Yashua; yet Jesus is Greek and means the same, is Black! Repeat, Black! So, ask yourself, why does Camara, and others continue to display Jesus as White? Even White People are testifying today, and right now, that Jesus/Yashua was Black and African.

So Sunlover, or whoever you are! Why not take a look at my book: Does Color Matter; if you are searching for truth. If however, you are just pushing the trend, which is to say, a suggestion that we, as black people, walk away from our long standing Place of Refuge; rather than roll up our sleeves, and do the work required to remove the “white out” from the Bible, then it has been nice having this little, repeat little talk.

Lastly, if you do read this, understand, there will be no back and forth dialogue from me purporting the fact-situation, other than to assist you in acquiring my work, or material!

3. Sunlover

Sunlover Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    Would you provide a link for our Black family here @ Destee?

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Sunlover,

It has already been provided and discussed, suggest you write to Destee, by e-mail with the request for, perhaps better access!

5. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    i won't get into the woes of christianity...

SunLover

different people get involved with the church/religion for different reasons. many do so understanding that their lives aren't in the order they want it to be...believing that the church will show them a better way. IS THAT BAD? i don't think so. DOES IT CORRUPT THE FOUNDATION OF OUR SOCIETY? no. i think what corrupts our society is having enough knowledge that you believe you know things that you don't really know...being led around by others, who's presentation is better/more flashier than your own...with good explanations.

COGER {sorry for infringing SunLover}

the bible is a tool GOD uses--and i believe that--to illustrate to mankind, a way of life that is good for him. however, as i see it, mankind--in general--claim to be christian...while only obeying those rules/commands that fit them. for example, and in honoring the white man's perspective/and laws, we claim that we do not spank our kids because of the psychological affect it has on our kids...like GOD didn't know what he was talking about when HE said, spare the rod and spoil the child. IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN IT TOTALLY.

NOW, was Jesus white?

i wrote a poem, entitled "Rage Boileth Over," in which i relate my views on that:

We identify with a blue-eyed, blonde-haired Jesus​

Even though the WORD gives us reason to say

“That’s not him.”

Knowing this,
    We still look to old blondie, and say
    “Oh, Lord, why hast thou forsaken me?”
    In our hour of need
    The white man said,
    “This is He.”
    Of course, we believe

{I mean, who is God to tell us what His Son looks like}

THERE ARE a lot of things i could go into...but i won't. each individual has to decide the depths of their beliefs...and be ready to accept responsibility for their shortcomings, if they exists.

BOTTOM LINE, the bible teaches us to be good people. to what extent people apply this to their everyday lives is subjective in ways...objective in others. just because you claim to be christian, doesn't mean you conduct yourself in a way pleasing to GOD. it is the application of HIS message that is the heart of the WORKS needed in the pursuit of FAITH.

CONTINUE YOUR WORK, COGER. if it is good, others will see that. you do not have to toot your own horn...others will do that for you.

peace...and many blessings.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

baller,
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Peace my Brother...Rather than a toot, its more of a clarion call, my steps are directed by God, always have been, and always will be. Remember, it was I that mentioned your wordiness was a book, and how did I know this, ask yourself, or did you? Because, you sure didn't tell me, is that right? Do we need to talk?

7. Sunlover

Sunlover Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35

Your above response, Clyde Coger, is clearly NOT in the Spirit of Sankofa! You're suggesting that I pay to get better access, to search hundreds of posts, to find a link to validate your earlier response of "Even White People are testifying today, and right now, that Jesus/Yashua was Black and African". This is clearly NOT in the Spirit of Sankofa!

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Here is the Spirit of Sankofa! I have made myself quite clear, ordinarily, I would not respond or reply back, but for the Spirit of Sankofa; again, there will be no further back and forth between us. This tactic you attempt to use is both childish and elementary!

Not only that, no pay was implied, rather a simple e-mail to/from the Top releasing me to advertise your request. That was all, a simple e-mail, since your specific request was for the DESTEE FAMILY, is that right?

Unless you follow what I have indicated, throughout my postings, in the Spirit of Sankofa.....it has been, what it has been!

9. Sunlover

Sunlover Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    "Not only that, no pay was implied, rather a simple e-mail to/from the Top releasing me to advertise your request, that was all, a simple e-mail, since your specific request was for the DESTEE FAMILY, is that right?"

You PROUDLY informed Africans, here on an African forum, of what white people are testifying to, about Africans, without permission from the top(Africans), yet when asked to provide a link to the African family here @ Destee for validation of these white people testimonials, you suggest getting permission from the top(Africans). You have been revealed Clyde!

Yes, I have followed what you have indicated throughtout your posts in this thread, WITH MY THIRD EYE! Your indications REEK of deceit, lies, jealousy, aggressiveness, manipulation, capitalism, psychosis including narcissism and delusions of grandeur, strife, and hyprocrisy. Your behaviors(symptoms of a heart thats as heavy as a brick) are detrimental to our struggle! You present all of this chaos because *you* disagree with Brother Camero's truth. Clyde Coger, your behavior is clearly NOT the African's nature!

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079