Black Spirituality Religion : The Sun/Son of God, the light of the world

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Love_Unknown, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Love_Unknown

Love_Unknown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    The Sun/Son of God is the light of the world. Without this light from heaven the world would be in darkness. The Creator, God the father/mother, can be said to have created us and all things, but it is the Sun/Son of God that keeps us alive and saves us from death. It is this quality of the Sun/Son of God that makes it uniquely special in the universe and the Sun of God is referred to as being “begotten” (or born) from God, and not “made” by God, as with the rest of creation, and is therefore referred to as the “Son/Sun of God,” God’s son/sun. As it burns it releases its energy to us, and it is this energy that is directly or indirectly the source of all life on earth. While burning it loses its energy and therefore loses more and more of itself, and therefore the Sun/Son of God “dies” a little everyday, until the day it will have burned itself completely and died for us. The Sun/Son of God therefore offers itself/himself as a sacrifice for the lowly sinners of the world, and dies so that we may live. Without this sacrifice every living thing on this planet would be lost, and would perish instantly in the coldness of space. It/He is our salvation. It is only through it/him that we are saved. This is clear all the world to see, "clear as day." No book necessary.

The winter solstice (December 21st - the day with the shortest amount of sunlight in the year,) and the spring equinox (Easter- the first of two days where the amount of sunlight and the amount of darkness are exactly equal) are traditionally the Sun’s/Son’s most celebrated holy days/holidays. From December 21st to December 24th, the amount of sunlight in the day is roughly equal. From December 25th all the way until the summer solstice (the day with the most amount of sunlight in the year) the Sun/Son of God begins to grow in strength as the amount of sunlight in the day begins to increases by one minute each day. Therefore the Sun/Son of God is born on December 25th, and then begins his year long journey through the sky (the sun’s apparent revolution around an apparently stationary earth) through each of the twelve constellations of the stellar zodiac. The Sun/Son of God is born of a virgin and begins his annual journey (his life) among the cluster of stars that form the constellation of Virgo, the virgin. At this time the brightest star in the sky is visible in the east. If you don’t know which one it is then just look for the three stars (called the three kings/wise men) that form Orion’s belt (the ones they talked about in Men In black Part I with Will Smith remember.) If memory serves, they form a straight line that points directly to it.

The Nile is a life giving but also destructive river. The fertile land of Egypt is a product of the incredibly rich soil that is dragged down from Ethiopia by the waters of the Nile. Cutting through the largest desert in the world, it is the interior of Egypt’s only major source of water and fertile soil. Nearly all of her major cities and settlements are built right next to this life giving river. At a certain time every year, when the moon’s shape resembles the bottom of a boat (a geometric shape called an arc- which the Egyptians called the “Arka noah,“ meaning the “wet moon”,) the monsoon rains in the Ethiopian highlands poor down the Nile and cause her waters to flood terribly, destroying everything along its shores, the entire Egyptian world. When the waters recede however the extremely fertile alluvial soil from the African interior, the birthplace of man, is deposited along the Nile shores. Egyptians are then able to plant their crops and thrive. If human life was/is to exist along the shores of the Nile it is vitally necessary that this “Great Flood” is accurately predicted. Failure to do so means for the Egyptian population means natural disaster, chaos, and death.

The annual rotation of the galactic bodies in the heavens form the clock, and the Egyptians watch the sky intensely, study it, even deifying it. For the purpose of measurement they cut the sky first into four (summer, winter, spring, fall) and then further cut it into twelve (months of the year/hours in a day/etc.) To amass the amount of astronomical knowledge that the Egyptians possess many thousands of years of star gazing are necessary. Astronomy, mathematics, physics, writing, engineering, etc., these things would be necessary for survival in such a place.

As the Sun/Son of God travels through the sky it/he can be observed to pass through each of the 12 constellations of the zodiac, also called the sun’s helpers/disciples/generals/etc. A graphic representation of the sky/universe is represented by a circle cut originally into four (representing seasons- summer, winter, spring, fall) and then further cut into twelve to make the constellations (also months of the year, hours of day and night, etc.) The first line in the circle begins from the highest point (North,) straight down to the lowest point (South.) The second line begins from the most Eastern point and intersects or “crosses” the other line and extends to the Westernmost point on the circular representation of the heavens called the zodiac. These two intersecting lines form the original “cross” of the zodiac, and designate the four cardinal points of the universe, North, South, East, and West. During Easter it can be observed on the Egyptian sundial that the Sun/Sun of God stops its movement and stays in the same place for three days, and lies perfectly still until it begins to move again on the third day. Therefore it is said that the Sun/Son of God dies on the cross (of the zodiac,) and is resurrected after three days.

The Sun/Son of God sits high in the sky, whose brilliantly illuminated face looks down upon us all. To the kings and queens of earth who lord their power over us, it/he lords power over them all. He is the King of kings and Lord of lords who wears a crown of thorns (spiky points of light surrounding his head called “sun rays”) when he/it dies on the cross of the zodiac. Near sunset, when walking near a rippling body of water, the sun/son of God can be observed to “walk on water” as his/its rays are reflected off the waters surface to form a magically beautiful streak of glittering light across the water's surface called a “sun glint.” In November, when the sun/son of God’s rays are weak, he/it is betrayed by one of his/its disciples (scorpio- the back biter scorpion,) before it/he approaches the end of his/it’s life at the winter solstice, and then is born, or “reborn,” (born again) on December 25th.

In Egypt the sun/son of God came to be known as Horus, who also had a personal name and was also called “Io” or “Iou” (pronounced “Ah-ooh.”) The Greeks and Romans of course add a “sus” on the end of everything (Marcus, Octavius, Augustus, Julius, Odysseus, etc.,) so after their occupations of Egypt God’s sun/son came to be called “Iou-sus,” (pronounced Ah-u-sus) or “Io-e-sus” (Ah-ee-sus.) In Greeks phonetics the letter “I” is changed to a “J,” so the name of the Sun/Son of God by the Greeks came to be known and pronounced as “Jah-u-sus“ and/or “Jah-ee-sus.” Spreading to other parts of Europe the name “Jah-ee-sus” was shortened and simplified to _______. (I’ll keep it blank for those of us who are sensitive to this information. Make the connection whenever you like.)

So we know that the Sun/Son of God is born of a virgin on December 25th. He/it is the savior of the world whose birth is announced by a star in the East which is pointed to in the sky by three kings/wise men. He/it walks on water and is followed by 12 helpers/disciples, one of which will betray him. He/it is the King of kings, and Lord of lords who wears a crown of thorns, and who offers himself/itself as a sacrifice for the world. He/It is crucified and dies on the cross of the zodiac, and is resurrected in 3 days. He/it is the Sun/Son of God, the light of the world, and we are saved because the sun/son is risen. Much more to this story, but I’ll stop here.

Love Unknown

2. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Respect

The Cosmological Significance Of The Christ Myth ....Beautifully done:bullseye:

3. Love_Unknown

Ratings:
    +5
    Just for fun. It's probably not new information to alot of brothers/sisters on this site, but just thought I'd add a little bit to the information already floating around here. Thanx for the response.

4. silent-ra

silent-ra Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Plez permit my perspective Love Unknown and peace to yu,

From the outset, allow me to say that this is an excellent topic. But for the sake of a good dialogue, may I ask a question(or two). If the “Sun” is so important to us, as yu and I agree, why do yu think very few of us pay attention to it? And as a follow up, do we have the evidence that the great light in the sky is male?

Again, thanks for posting this, key topic in my view.:teach:

5. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,783
    IMHO

The "unread" imposters (ie. Greeks and Romans) got hooked on phonetics and ran with that Sun/Son analogy.

The "original" concept --purely A Black/Afrakan/Egyptian mindset-- is definitely more balanced: Hence Gods and Goddesses...!

6. MenNefer

MenNefer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Sekmet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sekhmet
    True...Alot of the graphic images expressed differing modalities of the same phenomenon; held in a closed network of abstract correspondences. The initiate is constantly reminded of the equilibrium which is what the FINITE reference or label "Neter" serves as an all encompassing category for.

Now in veiwing "Fire" or "Vitality" as a conceptual Noun it provides us with a means to asign qualities to its concrete counterparts which are actually crystallizations of the continual Flux between polarities. So Masculinity is asigned to things that expand, Yield light or outer show of force but these same properties also exist within seemingly opposing phenomenon which validates the inherent complementary relationship.Without going to deep of into it until I con-fuse myself, (o: the Kamau apparently put alot of time and energy (to say the least) into conceptualizing the nature of Duality.

7. silent-ra

silent-ra Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    this is very interesting, i really appreciate how yu maintain both "genders" within the flames, the "Fire."

8. Love_Unknown

Ratings:
    +5
    Hello silent-ra.

I’ve seen some of your other posts and I admire your eloquence and very civilized manner, so it‘s a pleasure to dialogue with you. In answer to your questions, I must say that African spirituality is a highly personal pursuit, and there are an infinite number of aspects of God (deities) that equally deserve to be venerated, but alas we can only give proper respect to but a handful in our lifetime. African spirituality in general is not static and “written in stone,” but is a living, breathing, and ever evolving science that reflects a society's immediate level of understanding and interaction with their immediate environment and the larger universe. Before the discovery of iron, for example, there was no need or even possibility for a society to deify and venerate it’s spiritual essence. But after such a discovery was made and thoroughly incorporated into society, such an energy is amalgamated into the angelic pantheon and a new god/angel/energy is officially recognized and utilized by the people. It had always been in existence of course, although the people had not yet found it necessary or even possible to include in their spiritual practice. Each person practicing African spirituality is able to choose which spiritual energies that he/she feels most connected to and/or finds most necessary in their life. And at different periods in one’s life, different energies will be accessed to address every manner of life’s problems and possibilities.

From what I have seen, veneration of the sun energy seems to be a favorite practice of kings/queens and other social and political leaders. This makes sense to me and may actually shed a little bit of light on the recognition of the sun/christ as the “King of kings, and Lord of Lords.” The Sun/Christ energy is designated above all others in the pantheon, and many kings/queens as you know were recognized as being representatives of the Sun/Christ on earth. So among the writings of kings/queens we should expect to hear a great deal about the Sun/Christ worship, but it would make sense that we do not hear of this as much from the masses in general. And being that the majority of political leaders were men, it would follow that the male aspect would be more often venerated, although the energy would certainly exist in duality as does everything else. This is probably the reason why in Kam the word for “son” of a man/woman, and “sun” in the sky were the same word, a feature which was later copied by the English. Among the common people, energies such as that of the harvest, fertility, love, money, water, hunting, for example would be much more applicable in the daily life of the average person. The energy of the sun, the energy of kings I believe is special, and it is also not a prominent feature in my personal pantheon that I pray to in the morning, but perhaps someday this will change. I personally tend to reserve my research to Africentric spirituality in "general," and have not delved very deeply into sun worship in particular, so I'm really just thinking outloud for dialogue sake on this matter. Please share your thoughts on the subject as well. Hotep silent-ra.

Love Unknown

9. silent-ra

silent-ra Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Love Unknown allow me to thank yu for the generous offer of kind words and I will make an honest effort to continue to fulfill the positive way in which yu view my words.

I can really relate when yu write that “From what I have seen, veneration of the sun energy seems to be a favorite practice of kings/queens and other social and political leaders.”

I’ve seen that as well. And I constantly try to understand why this is so. Of course we know the obvious reasons that the great illumination provides light and warmth. It causes weather change and mood changes. Its output of heat is constant and its rays are invisible and infinitely filled with energy and have “colors” we cant see with the human eye.

Its there with us every day on time and never late. Again, the constant. I wish that I could begin to comprehend the fact that the same light that I see today, is the same light the ancients seen tens of thousands of years ago.

10. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I believe a book is necessary, that is the Bible, because the Sun speaks no words, while the Son is the Word and teaches us the only Way to the Father is through the Father's Anointed and Beloved, His own self. ;)

The Sun may offer warmth for our carnal bodies to live on, but only the One who came to live as we live, save without sin, and who died in the Body for us to save us from our sins, can grant us salvation for our very spirits, so that we may live. :D

And the Sun wasn't resurrected the 3rd day as the Son of the Most High was, nor would we be redeemed by believing in that which we see in the Heavens everyday, but by having faith and belief in the One who ascended to the Heavens, He who we can't see, every day.

Oh I know the light of the Sun, and the Light of the Son, and know the great difference in how they give us life.