Omowale Jabali : The Struggle Continues

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
I spoke at a symposium on South Africa yesterday, at UCLA, in honor of South African student activists and scholars who were a vital part of the anti apartheid movement and the liberation movement of South Africa.

It was a very moving experience for me to reconnect and share experience with so many activists, some who I had not seen in years, and others who I met for the first time.

One of the people honored was Mazizi Kunene, a professor who taught an African literature class at UCLA, and was a poet of legendary proportions.

http://www.kunenefoundation.org/home.htm

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Professor Kunene write about 10,000 personal manuscripts, which are largely a collection of poetry written in iZulu and need to be translated into English and published.

If you are interested in assisting with this work, please contact the Foundation.

http://www.kunenefoundation.org/foundation.htm

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • no

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 40.0%

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: