Black Short Stories : The Streets.........excerpt

baller

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 28, 2001
the near north
~~~~~
Jana, feeling a little down, because things weren’t progressing as fast as she had hoped—with Ja’kadric—decided to stop by the club, for happy hour, to see the girls. She was missing the excitement of dancing…and the club atmosphere. She hadn’t been to the club since a month before she started working for Sidney. Since she didn’t tell anyone, but the manager, that she was quitting…she knew they’d be a little upset with her for disappearing the way she did. She just didn’t want any fanfare…and she hated goodbyes.

After work, Jana went home…to shower and change. She didn’t want to go to the club looking the business type…to appear that she’d crossed over.

At home, she took a nice, relaxing bubble bath…letting the tingling sensation of the air forced bubbles from the jets of her huge garden tub, to transport her into a fantasy world…where she and Ja’kadric were still a pair. The phone rang…snapping her out of her musing.

“Oh, well…fantasy land is good, I guess, but this is the real world.”

She let the answering service get the phone…as she toweled dry. She was feeling a little sexy…horny as hell but just a little sexy. She smiled at the thought. She decided to wear jeans and a t-shirt to the club.

“What the hell…I ain’t trying to impress no one.”

When she stepped in the club, she saw the girls huddled around a table, up front. Not knowing what was going on, she decided to sit at the bar for a moment…order a drink…say hello to the bar keep. When the crowd started to break up, she saw her best friend, Ebatanisha—‘nisha—holding onto some guy…who was holding her. Since customer touching of the dancers was prohibited, he had to be someone known by her…as well as management.

When ‘Nisha stepped back, Jana saw that it was Ja’kadric.

“He’s no longer yours,” her mind screamed at her.
“So, what right have you to interfere in his happiness…his pleasure?”
“Still, I love him,” her heart moaned.
“I can’t just sit here and watch another woman play with him, like that.”
BUT…
“She’s stronger than you are,” her heart interjected.
“She out weighs you by fifty pounds…and don’t like for anyone to interfere in her pleasure. You know that.”

“Is she going to blow him right here?”

She asked herself, astounded…as she watched ‘Nisha…now on her knees, between his legs…toying with the zipper of his pants…slowly, tugging at it. As if under a spell, she watched as ‘Nisha’s hand snaked inside Ja’kadric’s pants…as she stuck her long tongue out and licked her lips.

That tongue. Jana was intimately familiar with its talents. Most of the girls, at the club, were bisexual—if not homosexual. Her lone swim into bisexuality was on the wings of that tongue…and she didn’t want to lose her man to it.

A rage boiled deep within her…overwhelming her…’til…before she knew it, she had crossed the room. ‘Nisha had straddled his lap…still hugging him…as she began grinding her bottom into his crotch. By the time ‘Nisha looked up and saw Jana, Jana’s fist was inches away from her face…crashing down on her. The blow dropped ‘Nisha to the floor.

Jana heard the blow before she realized who had thrown it. Suddenly, she was filled with anger…and it didn’t matter what the outcome would be. He would know she still wanted him.

‘Nisha lay on the floor…smiling.

An errie silence gripped the room. Each one waiting to see what would happen next. Although, Jana was known to be capable of handling herself, ‘nisha was a thick sistah…at five feet eleven inches…and one hundred seventy-five pounds.

Suddenly, reality gripped Jana…and she was sorry for what she had done. She fell to her knees beside ‘nisha, crying. She was babbling something about losing it…and not knowing what she was doing. ‘nisha got on her knees and held Jana…apologizing to her.

Realizing she had overstepped her bounds, ‘Nisha finally said, “That’s right, gurl…if you want your man, fight for him. I was wondering how long it would take before you stepped up. I know what kind of woman you are. I’m just glad to see that you’ve finally realized it.

Ja’kadric glanced at Jana…looking her in the eye.

“Why are you here,” he asked…in a mild voice.

“I came to see ‘Nisha,” Jana snapped. “I never expected to find you here. And, definitely not with my best friend.”

“So, why didn’t you hit me?” He stood up…zipped his fly…and walked out…without waiting for an answer.

“Go get your man,” ‘Nisha said to Jana.

Everyone knew how Jana felt about Ja’kadric…they’d listened to it for eleven years. Once ‘nisha started holding Jana, everyone breathed a sigh of relief.
There would be no kicking and screaming.
No one would be forced to take sides.
Harmony had been preserved.

Jana stood up…looking around. She knew she’d made a fool of herself. Although she didn’t really care what the others thought, she cared greatly what Ja’kadric thought.

By the time she reached the exterior doors, Ja’kadric was nowhere to be found. “How could he have gotten away so fast?” She walked the short distance to her car…wondering what had come over her. She didn’t see herself as a jealous person…yet, there was no other name she could give what had transpired. She would have to process that.

~~~~~

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back