Black Short Stories : The Stranger Among us.......

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by nevar, Jan 15, 2006.

1. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    I just like to say hi my name is Terri. My parents recently divorced and so I decided to go live with my Grandmother. She lives in a small town population of 1,000. I decided that I didn't want the fast life so my grandmother said I could come. My mom was against the whole idea. I don't know what's her problem grandma cool. Mama says she too old-fashioned still believing in home rememdies and loving her bible. She said she lives by the word, and she just lives in the past. Mama hadn't visited grandma over ten years and sends her love through me. I can't wait because I have a few friends back in Suttonville. My clique involves two girls and a boy. We all have the same interests and we have a pact. But before we left we four stumbled upon some wise tale that we decided to check out. It was told to us that a strange form or creature lives in this forbidden path. And was told that each time someone has taken this path they never returned. Or if they did returned they can't explain where or how they went missing. So as you know four teenagers embarked on a plan, and our journey. I've waited all for summer to arrive so I can leave my arguing parents alone. Seeing the familiar road to grandma I saw something that was strange. A strange form that I couldn't make out. (mom) what are you looking at child? (terri) nothing mama cant wait to see grand, and my friends. (mom) speaking of friends don't get yourself knocked up while you here. (terri) momm! please I havent experienced that yet yuck!!!!!! (mom) I'm just letting you know before you stick out in the front. (terri) don't you mean from the behind. (mom) child don't you cross me I mean what i say and that what it is. I just decided to let it go. There she was my grandma with them slave plaits. Pins holding up her stocking yep old fashioned but i love her. The outside of her house is a mess but the inside has a story to tell. It's has history and every piece has a story to tell. My grandmother is a farmer daughter who experience slavery. And she like the icon of the town of yesteryear. But this town also tells of lies, deceit,and full of deception. (gran) come here chile. Come give ma-ma some love. I's sho miss ya. Ain't ya mom gonna get out and speak. Or is Ms. Uppity Fruppity to shame of me. Oh it doesn't matter I know she loves me anyway. They both waved and I saw nothing but dirt tracks after that. (gran) whew chile it's a hot one today I's made you some fresh lemonade without the seeds this time. And we both laughed. Got your room already and your friends been asking bout cha. So we both just caught up on the latest what's going on. After an hour of that I told gran I was going to visit my friends' in a little bit. (gran) well chile as always be safe and do not go into the path. Remember interrupted by Terri. In unison "Curioustiy killed the cat". And then I sigh. My grandma has about 23 grandchildren but I'm the only granddaugher that spends time with her. The other's are ashame of what grandmother was a washwoman who waited on white folks all her life. Raised 10 kids alone caused grandaddy got killed on a gambling debt. So I heard but I hear talk of messing with his boss wife. I don't know I'm only 16 what do I know about that. (gran) well I'm off to take a nap lock up youngin, and no monkey business. Now I know where mama get that kind of talk from. Apple doesnt fall far from the tree huh. While grand was situating herself I decided to look at some old photos and clippings that grand has. I was looking at mama and her brothers when they was young. And then as I was about to close the book a clipping fell out. And it read wanted ni**er dead or alive. Oh my god this is granddaddy and the rest was cut off. This is strange noone spoke of how granddaddy was in deep trouble. Oh well I'm off to see my friends ya'll can come along you like. To be continued..........

2. krazelyricks

krazelyricks Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    This was a great story. That's a shame though how she was the only grandaughter to see her grandmother on a regular basis though. Can't wait for more. Flow on.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    very nice start it took me inside like wow! and the fact nobody visits
    i wonder why can't wait til pt.2 hit .......i like, Nevar continue on please!!

4. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    to krazelyricks...........

thanks for the love shown!!!!!!:kiss1: