Black People : the stolen car

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Apr 23, 2010.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    lets say that you buy a new benz.

one day at a stop light a man puts a gun in your face. he pistol whips you and takes the car.
    you left standing on the curb.

lets say that the man takes your car home and gives it to his son. his son is now driving around town in your car.
    the son does not know the car was stolen. the son thinks he earned the car.

one day you are standing at the bus stop and see the son drive by in your car.

you scream "thats my car, it was stolen!".
    the son says "i never stole anything". "my daddy gave me this car". "pull yourself up by your bootstraps, you lazy negro".

whose car is it?

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Mines

3. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    A descendant of the onetime owner of a famed Van Gogh painting has sued Yale University in an effort to reclaim the artwork from the Ivy League school.

In a lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in New Haven, Conn., Pierre Konowaloff alleged that the university should have known the painting—"The Night Café"—had been confiscated from his great-grandfather, Ivan Morozov, a Russian industrialist and aristocrat, during the Communist takeover of Russia in the early 1900s.

The 1888 painting was subsequently sold by the Soviet government to a European gallery. Stephen Carlton Clark, a Yale alumnus, bought the painting from a gallery in New York in the early 1930s and bequeathed it to Yale in 1961.

In his suit, Mr. Konowaloff, who lives in France, accuses the university of engaging "in a policy of willful ignorance" that amounts to "art laundering," and asks the court to declare him the rightful owner.
    Aware of Mr. Konowaloff's intention to claim the painting, Yale filed a lawsuit of its own last March in federal court in New Haven.

In its suit, Yale asserted ownership of "The Night Café," claiming that the nationalization of the painting by Communist Russia -- while at odds with capitalism -- did not violate international law.
    Yale stated in its lawsuit that "it was accepted at the time, as it is now, that the sales by the Soviet government were valid, as were later acquisitions of the paintings."

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=yale+sued+over+painting&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

depends on what state and what "color" the victim & victimizer are?

posession holds different weight in different states!

oh, ok i just read the story attached to the link you just posted while i was posting to your original question. I think that is a far cry from a car stolen in the states!

I think that the statute of limitations has passed on his or his grand father's ownership. It will now be up to how much juice this russian fella has here in the states or abroad!

On second thought, how many thousands of other stolen items does Yale have besides this painting....? Did they ever give the family of Geronimo his bones back? I doubt it!

5. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    the standard white line.....

this is the standard line that is used by white people and their supporters to excuse themselves from any responsibility for the acts of their grandfathers.
    they quickly claim that they did not own slaves, they have done no wrong and black people should just suck it up.

my question is there really a limit on stealing? genocide? if the grandfather stole it why can't the heirs lay claim to it?
    in particular, such massive crime as slavery should not have a limit on recompense since it may take generations for the victims to even be able to press charges.

6. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Sounds like a parable of the colonization, neocolnization and debt theft by the IMF of 85% of Africas wealth.

7. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    yes it is

i think this needs analysis because white people and blacks who love them always use this reasoning.
    we need a quick rebuttal.

8. enquiring_mind

enquiring_mind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +198
    Good analogy... :)

9. CreativeGrl

CreativeGrl Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +339
    Do what our people did back in the 60's: Use the laws put in place for "his" benefit against him. Beat him at his own game.

1) I have always heard that possession is 9/10ths of the law. That being said, steal the car back.

2) Prove that the title is in your name, thus proving the car is yours regardless of who is driving it. Legally they have no choice but to give you back what's rightfully yours and to put him, his dad, and his "bootstraps" behind bars.

10. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    awesome point made brother James.....If i didn't see clear i do now