Black People : THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER lyric's are from a DRINKING SONG

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
THE POTUS ...With 'son of a *itch' comments, Trump tried to divide NFL and its players
The president is embracing an "us versus them" conflict involving politics, patriotism and popular American pastimes. And there is an unmistakable racial element at play, since he is targeting prominent black players.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/23/media/donald-trump-nfl-protest-backlash/index.html

==================

The Anacreon Song

The song was written for the Anacreontic Society, probably around 1771. The tune (...) is now thought to have been written "collectively" by members of the society, led by John Stafford Smith (...). The society met every two weeks to get drunk, sing songs and to indulge in some debauchery.

Anacreon himself was a Greek poet from about 570BC who was noted for his erotic poetry (...) and his drinking songs.
==========================
To Anacreon in Heav'n, where he sat in full glee, A few sons of harmony sent in a petition That he their Inspirer and patron would be; When this answer arriv'd from the Jolly Old Grecian "Voice, fiddle and flute, "no longer be mute, "I'll lend you my name and inspire you to boot, "And, besides, I'll instruct you, like me, to intwine "The Myrtle of Venus with Bacchus's Vine." (...)

Ye Sons of Anacreon, then join hand in hand; Preserve unanimity, friendship and love! 'Tis yours to support what's so happily plann'd; You've the sanction of Gods and the fiat of Jove. While thus we agree Our toast let it be: "May our club flourish happy, united and free! "And long may the sons of Anacreon intwine "The Myrtle of Venus with Bacchus's Vine." Source: http://www.miketodd.net/encyc/anacreo... ; Song performed by John Townley, from "The Top Hits Of 1776", Adelphi Records; Picture: "Drinking-song", Mihály Zichy, 1874
=======================

"To Anacreon in Heaven" A.K.A. The Drinking Song - YouTube

I live like this...
DON'T BE AFRAID OF LOSING... if YOUR ALREADY
LOSING. Lose doing the right thing and changing or speaking up for what you know is right.

Much Respect for Colin.. he believes what I have always believed and stand for myself.
Speak up whether a problem directly effects you or not. Like Colin, I do speak up for others. After Colin spoke up. Many Blacks were interviewed and polled. Many spoke out, some against colin. Those who were afraid, selling out, and saying why are you rocking this boat? Are now seeing this differently as the debate grows and zero's in on Colins point for making the stand. Two things seriously needs to happen. One America must change and repent. Second.. Colin needs to welcomed back to football. I see today the latter happening. America repenting.. is unclear at this time. I am optimistic. This controversy will change somethings, something somewhere.

" If you know something is wrong or bad.
And say nothing. Or do nothing."

"You are a Bad Person."

If you are someone in power or government, have money and influence in and over society and know something is wrong or bad.

And say nothing. Or do nothing."

"You are a Very Bad Person."

BOTH ARE EVIL!
Colin Kaepernick explains why he won't stand during National Anthem

=========
Obama discusses Kaepernick's anthem protest

Is the National Anthem racist?

There is NO Refuge for slaves is what the third stanza say's within the National Anthem.

============
The Often Untaught Racist History of the US National Anthem

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back