Black Relationships : The Spark

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by SayWord, Nov 4, 2003.

1. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I was dating this woman. We broke up and we kept talking for a good year. having our ups and downs. We wanted to try and make it work again. So I was flying down to see her and she asked me a question a week before I left. She asked me what if the "spark" is gone? That really upset me because when I think of a "spark" I think of something that isn't that meaningful. Sparks fizzile out after time. She and I talked about marriage, having kids, where we would live when we were married and how we would raise our kids. We named our kids. Now she's talking about a "spark!" Was my reaction justified or was I upset over nothing?

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    let me just say it's all how you look at it
    spark can mean if the true love gone
    or the less act of just wanting be around
    each other but if it was me i would not have been
    upset at all just see where we go from that point
    and if the spark is gone sometime spark can be of
    not what we feel or thing in meanings
    this answer was in your heart and emotions
    anyway good luck on this sparky not so sure trip

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    A time to pause and reflect?

I don't know if what she said gives you jusitification to be upset as opposed to being enlightened but it sure should cause you to have the good sense to approach things more carefully. Sometimes pleasant dreams can turn into nightmares in reality. Do you think that her choice of words was a reflection of how deeply she was feeling or how she sees things? So, if they bothered you, then....*MESSAGE! :court:*

Sparks can ignite fires. A spark generates a small amount of heat that can cause huge, powerful and consuming flames to develop if the proper ingredients are present. If what you thought you had was already at flame proportions and she's talking sparks, then I guess she told you something.

Just my opinion...

4. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    NNQueen....you make a really good point. And I brought that up to her. She says her feelings for me haven't changed and that she still is very much in love with me. She says she is worried that after not seeing each other for so long could we have grown apart. The reason that it bothered me is because for the better part of this year, we've been making steps forwards and backwards trying to get where we are now. And just a few days before I jump on a plane, that's when she brings it up. Maybe it was the timing that made me feel the way I was feeling. But I'm gonig to go in with an open mind and try not to get hurt in the process. Wish me luck.

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hmmmm...

How many things in life can we guarantee? When are we ever certain about anything? How many things do we do that never requires taking a risk? Is it unusual for 'fear' not to be a part of the unknown whenever we're faced with it? Who among us never has had any experience with the "what if" mind game? Is anticipating the outcome always better than really knowing it from experience? If you want this woman in your life, if you want your dreams fulfilled, then what or who is stopping you?

6. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Nefertum Husia Shayheh MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    "Is the ignition of multitudes as your undying simmer. Remember it forever!"

(Diary of a Black Man: Just An Illusion) Copyright 2014