Black People : THE SOUTH IS KILLING HIP-HOP?? Opinions

naija-man

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 17, 2003
PLANET EARTH
Occupation
STUDENT
I was browsing the net...and i decided to catch up on old memories, so i logged on to youtube and watched the "How come" track by Wyclef,Canibus& Yo'soun dour....AND I READ SOME OF THE COMMENTS....I just wanted 2 know how u felt about waht these guys had 2 say...from 1 hip-hop head 2 anotha'..THESE ARE THE COMMENTS:
http://youtube.com/comment_servlet?a...=TcE3XpTgDu4

magician234
Quote:
Originally Posted by magician234
the beat set the tone for those masterful lyrics. People need to understand theres more real besides the bull on tv and radio. Seems its like people would rather dance and get drunk with hiphop rather than learn from it. F**k the south! They killin our culture

THEN HE SAID: "What would be the outcome if the south won - the death of hiphop!"

BlackSinnerDeath SAID:
I don't undastand how they make money to buy their teeth

WHAT DO U GUYZ THINK..IZ THE SOUTH REALLY KILLING HIP-HOP..WITH ALL THEIR CRUNK AND SNAP-TUNES???

well me being from where it blew up

NY rap is dead, died with biggie
Jay-Z is still out there but he's too mainstream now you know what i mean

the south has their style and in my opinion we are keeping hip hop alive

because hip hop started out as girls and partying

so they sound like they're in line with that

i don't personally like some of the stuff but i respect it

it's about partying

real hip hop died long time ago

once it went mainstream and was control by the man

and you know what happens when the man puts his hand on something

do i need to go further?????????

the basis of the origin hip hop is not upliftment but partying

Da Street So'ja said:
NY rap is dead, died with biggie
Jay-Z is still out there but he's too mainstream now you know what i mean

the south has their style and in my opinion we are keeping hip hop alive

because hip hop started out as girls and partying

so they sound like they're in line with that

i don't personally like some of the stuff but i respect it

it's about partying

real hip hop died long time ago

once it went mainstream and was control by the man

and you know what happens when the man puts his hand on something

do i need to go further?????????

the basis of the origin hip hop is not upliftment but partying

"the basis of the origin of hip hop is not upliftment but partying"

Here we go again. This reminds me of the folks (not you brother DSS) who blamed the West Coast and "gangsta rap" for killing hip hop yet it emerged right before the so-called Golden Age (1988-92).

If we want to talk about the "death" of hip hop let's start not with the death of Biggie but the emergence of P-Diddy and look at what direction this "culture" has gone into. We end with Danity Kane and Doddy videos with Nicole Scherzinger.

How can one seriously talk about the South killing "Black culture" when perhaps the highest concentration of BLACK PEOPLE is still in THE SOUTH.

Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Atlanta, Miami, Orlando...these are not only becoming major centers of hip-hop and R&B music but emerging sports and entertainment centers.

West coast rap has gone mainstream with Snoop.

East coast rap has gone mainstream with P-Diddy, Jay-Z, Nas and Eve doing videos with Gwen Stefani.

The funniest part of this notion concerning the South is look who Jay-Hiova is hooked up with. A bootylicious Southern Gal, Beyonce, who is the hottest woman, Black white, or Latino, or Asian, in the Entertainment industry!

naija-man said:
I was browsing the net...and i decided to catch up on old memories, so i logged on to youtube and watched the "How come" track by Wyclef,Canibus& Yo'soun dour....AND I READ SOME OF THE COMMENTS....I just wanted 2 know how u felt about waht these guys had 2 say...from 1 hip-hop head 2 anotha'..THESE ARE THE COMMENTS:
http://youtube.com/comment_servlet?a...=TcE3XpTgDu4

magician234
Quote:

THEN HE SAID: "What would be the outcome if the south won - the death of hiphop!"

WHAT DO U GUYZ THINK..IZ THE SOUTH REALLY KILLING HIP-HOP..WITH ALL THEIR CRUNK AND SNAP-TUNES???
Let's consider the origins of "Crunk" going back before the formation of Three Six Mafia, to DJ Paul and Lord Infamous, around 1990-91. There were 3 themes to their music: sex, drugs and violence. Very much the same as hard-core Rock. They came out taking shots at Bone, Thugs and Harmony.

Now, what was the state of East Coast hip hop CULTURE in 1991?

View it in 1991 within the context of the releases that came out then compared to the material that is being released today.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/diction/1991_hip_hop

Maybe your tastes change as you get older. You evolve and learn. Those younger than you love this,maybe because it's simple.

Fact of the matter is,there are not many great lyricists or poets out there on the scene,or rappers brave enough to rap about different things,or put a different spin on known ones.

Love her constantly,consistently,and with concern. Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back