Black People : The Snubbing Experience

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by truetothecause, Nov 16, 2007.

1. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Ok..so I've been sorta in a "conversation" with the Family at TiredBlackMen and this is what's happening for M.E.

It is a pattern I experience with some consistency...in many of the places I travel here on Earth in search of "getting in where I fit in".

Now, while I have experienced SOME of this here, the video was made in direct response to something said here:
    http://www.****************/tbm/forums/showthread.php?tid=4084&page=3

Here is that same dialogue and is directed at you all my Destee "family"

I quote 'family', cause I am clear of the need to sort of single that word out as a key word in this discourse. Why:?: you may ask.

Well, it seems ironic to M.E. how loosely WE use the word and interestily enough, I tend to RE~ceive the same sort of 'treatment" ..being 'snubbed'.

Now, that does NOT ALWAYS happen here, and I am grateful for the times when someone DOES respond to the questions i may pose in video dialogue and/or responses to points I raise in my dialogue.

Still, often enough, I have a strong sense of being 'snubbed' for the most part. As I address the Destee 'family' specifically in part 2, I refer to the most recent thread's which I started. OH yes, I'm aware that some of you DO in fact look at and listen to my videos', there is often no on-going dialogue. This is when the "spirit" of being 'snubbed' creaps in. I DO work diligently to excise that Spirit and while some may journal to RE~lease ****, I talk about it. Get it out of my head and heart the better to "see" it, RE~cognize what I'd like to keep and what I need to throw away. Sometimes I make decisions based on limited information, especially when the comments(ary) is "snubbed"

Snub has several meanings:

snub (geometry), including the Snub cube (or snub cuboctahedron); an Archimedean solid.
    Unusually short, as in a snub nose, which Socrates famously had
    To treat someone rudely or brusquely, to refuse to acknowledge someone you know
    Snubber; a simple electrical circuit used to suppress ("snub") electrical transients.
    SNUB (band), a British metal-core band
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snub

Either people will look, listen and RE~main silent, leaving M.E. to take it how I like or see fit....

or...

Someone will TALK TO M.E. about this phenomenon.

Has anyone else walked away from the computer with a sense that you've been 'snubbed' by another "family" member:?:

Is this something unique to M.E. and thereby indicative of some character defect on my part:?:

Or does this simply suggest that what I am saying and how I am saying it is not of interest to you:?:
    Not "provocative" enough:?:
    A "waste of time"..."non-productive" for you:?:
    anybody:?: somebody:?:

Part 1

Part2

:hearts2:

2. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    shhhhh

:qqb004: shhhh.. I thought i heard someone speakin....

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    i don't like the videos. they are way too long for me. i lose interest. i tried to fast forward one and it would not do it so i had to sit and listen to the entire thing when the point was only made within the last few minutes. so, i do "snub" the videos. they are too long and boring for me. if you want to talk to me, the best way is to break it down and make a quick point.

4. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Truetothecause - you know I like seeing/listening to you. you made some interesting points in your clip about feeling "snubbed".. I liked the term "cultural schizophrenia" hahahaha!!

I'm not too sure if you are "on point" here though, at least I feel so from my perspective. I read the thread where you were discussion with Destee, and it touched a little on your topic in these clips - mainly the medium in which you've choosen to communicate - that goes right over the head of many who have become accustomed to, and expect, quick browsing information by the printed word.. only to actually stop and read, absorb and understand the depth if the topic attracts after the first once over.

I think you'll find this occurs with many posts in which only a link is provided and the words "check this out" or the like.. without a synopsis of what one can expect to see, one is less willing to take the time to find out for themselves.

Is that snubbing? :?: I dont know. although :happens:

5. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Thank You James!

I have a sense this is probably true for many others as well. I know I have looked at some youtube video's and tried to fast forward, yet, that is not an option

I know it can be tiresome sitting looking at someone talk and without the glamour and glitz that t.v provides, it does not hold our interest.

I also know you to be a man of few words and when I respond to your post, I try to keep that in mind and be brief. It does not always work because I have a lot to say with some of the questions you raise.

I'm still learning the mechanics of movie making if you will, and I certainly don't have available the knowledge nor resources to make stuff like that Sister RadicalComedy. Even SpokenLife is an entertainer, she's a singer, and therefore, has a trained voice for engaging the ear as well as resources ( a good cam) and knowledge for making video's ex.

Alright, I've gone on much too long already, yet, I apprecitate the feedback.

and this right now is a major part of my challenge. If I'm going to use this medium and want to engage people in dialogue, then I'll have to become accustomed to getting to my points quickly and provide some "entertainment". Cause after all, we look at t.v. or movies to be Entertained...not so much to "listen to someone talk".

The power right now lies in the written word or entertainment (song, poetry) for sharing information. My style is like "teaching" and ppl go to "school" for that. Not on a discussion forum where the primary and accepted way of communicating is in writing. It is also especially important for FAD to prove their ability to master the "reading and writing" as our Ancestors' were barred from and penalized (with death often) for learning to read and write.

Thank you Zulile as I recognize you as one of those who does listen and let's me know that you hear me and that you are interested in hearing me. You have also shared with me some of the reasons you do not always reply. :kiss:

6. FaithSoulSistah

FaithSoulSistah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Hello sister True. For me, the videos are not as easy to respond to. If you say something I may want to respond to, I will probably have forgotten it by the end of the video. But if it is written I can easily go back and respond to each point I would like to. So most times, I will just watch and not respond.

When I come to message boards, I am expecting to interact via writing. I am not opposed to watching videos, but I find it to be difficult if that is the primary method of communication. And sometimes I will look at the length of the video and decide not to watch. Even now I am responding to your written post and not your videos.

Have I been snubbed online? Sure. So I interact with those who are willing because there are posters I have no desire to interact with myself. I don't think cyberspace communication is much different from interpersonal interactions.

7. truetothecause

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Greetings and Thank You Sistah FaithSoul for your feedback!