Brother AACOOLDRE : THE SLAYING OF MEN BY HATHOR: Its relationship to the Golden Calf Story in Exodus 32

AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
THE SLAYING OF MEN BY HATHOR: Its relationship to the Golden Calf Story in Exodus 32

By the Ancient Egyptian priests edited by Lewis Spense in his book Ancient Egyptian Myths and Legends p. 166-168 the brackets are from A. Austin

In the following myth of Ra and Hathor the latter is plainly identified with the lunar deity:

“Long ago there dwelt on earth Ra, the sun-god, the creator of men and things, and ruler over the gods. For a time men gave to him the reverence due to his exalted position, but at length he began to grow old, and they mocked him, saying, ‘behold his bones are like silver, his limbs are like gold, his hair is like unto real lapis-lazuli”. Now Ra was very wroth when he heard their blasphemy, so he called together his followers, the gods and goddesses of his train, Shu and Tefnut, geb and Nut, and Hathor, the eye of Ra.

The gods assembled secretly, so that the race of mankind might know nothing of their meeting. And when they were all gathered about the throne of Ra, he said to Nun (Water), the oldest of the Gods:

‘O Nun, thou first-born of the Gods, whose son I’am , I pray thee give me thy counsel. The men whom I have created have conceived evil against me, even those men who have issued forth from mine eye. They have murmured in their hearts, saying ‘Behold ! the king has become old, his bones are like silver, his limbs like gold, his hair like real Lapis-lazuli (azure-blue)’. Tell me what shall be done unto them? For this have I sought thy counsel. I will not destroy them till thou hast spoken”.

Then answered Nun:

“ O thou great God, who art greater than he who made thee, thou son who art mightier than his father, do thou but turn thine eye upon them who blaspheme thee, and they shall perish from off the earth”.

Ra turned his eye upon the blasphemers, according to the counsel of Nun. But the men fled from the eye of Ra, and hid them in deserts and rocky places. Then did all the gods and goddesses give counsel to Ra that he should send his eye down among men to smite them sorely. And the eye of Ra descended in the form of the goddess Hathor, and smote the men in the desert and slew them. Then Hathor returned to the court of Ra, and when the King had given her welcome she said, “I have been mighty among mankind. It is well pleasing to my heart”.

All night Sekhmet [ same personage as Hathor. Beer is made by people of On, who mixed the mandrake, a plant having magical powers because it had human shape Pliny the Elder reports in his Natural History that Mandrakes were used as an anesthetic and sleeping agent], waded in the blood of those who had been slain, and on the morrow Ra feared that Hathor would slay the remnant of the human race, wherefore he said unto his attendants, “fetch to me swift messengers who can outstrip the wind”. When the messengers appeared the majesty of Ra bade them bring a great number of mandrakes from Elephantine, These Ra gave to Sekhmet, bidding her to pound them, and when this was done he mixed the mandrakes with some of the blood of those whom Hathor had slain. [In Exodus 32 story Moses reverses The slaying of Men story in part and pounds the Golden calf into powered and makes the people who worship it drink it then are slain]. Meanwhile servant-maids were busy preparing beer from barley, and into this Ra poured the mixture. Thus were seven thousands jars of beer were made.

In the morning Ra bade his attendants carry the beer to the place where Hathor would seek to slay the remnant of mankind, and there pour it out. For the sun-god said within himself, “I will deliver mankind out of her hands”.

And it came to pass that a dawn Hathor reached the place where the beer lay, flooding the fields four spans deep. She was pleased with her beautiful reflection, which smiled at her from the floods; and so deeply did she drink of the beer that she became drunken, and was no more able to destroy men.

Henceforward festivals were celebrated with high revelry in commemoration of this event. [Therefore I see the festival of eating drinking and indulge in revelry to the Golden calf Exodus 32:1-9 as a celebration of Hathor being stopped from killing all mankind. However, Moses labels them stiff-necks analogous to the silver bones and limbs of gold and kills them].

There is no doubt that in this myth the beer represents the annual rise of the Nile, and if further evidence be required than that contained in the story, it lies in the fact that the Intoxication festivals of Hathor fall in the moth of Thoth, the first month of the inundation.

The vengeance of Ra is doubtless the plagues [no coincidence The Golden Calf brought Plague from God Exodus 32:35] and starvation which accompany the dry season immediately preceding the rise of the river. The eye of Ra-that is Hathor-must be either the sun or the moon; but Ra himself is the sun-god, therefore Hathor is most probably the moon. It must be borne in mind, of course, that the Egyptians believed the moon willfully to prevent the inundation, and thus were likely to regard her as the source of disasters arising from the drought. It is evident, too, that the eye of Ra wrought havoc among men during the night-“Day dawned, after this goddess had been slaughtering men as she went upstream”.

Notes: Please read the next related essay: “Typesetting of the Golden Calf statue to Caesars’s Statue”

It should be note that scholars have already made the comparison of the biblical plague in which Egyptian water is turned to blood (Exodus 7:14-25 precedes by the composition of Hathor slaying of men dyes a lake of beer blood red see Did Moses Exist By D.M Murdock p.209. Maybe when we get to Exodus 32 the myth is just recycled.

The front part of Moses original name was Thut-mose or Ra-mose, just for your info.

At other times Israel and Samaria made the Calf-Idol out of silver & Gold see Hosea 8:4 and Hosea 10:5 just like they deck the Christmas tree from gold & silver see Jeremiah 10:1-10.

At certain points in time until the end of the middle Kingdom silver was considered more valuable than gold and their supply was in low in supply locally until the Egyptian conquest in Asia during the Eighteenth dynasty when Moses comes on the scene (Ancient Egyptian material and Industries By A Lucas p.247-249.

The classical Greeks paid for Egyptian grain with silver from their mines ( Black Spark White Fire By R. Poe p.128.

Typesetting of the Golden Calf statue to Caesars’s Statue

By Andre Austin

The early church father Origen stated that scripture should be read enigmatically through a puzzle and matrix. The Writings of Josephus in The Antiquities of the Jews: Book 18 Chapter 3 might perhaps be Typologically linked with the Golden Calf episode in Exodus 32.

Furthermore the paragraphs that precedes the Testimonium Flavianum of Jesus with the paragraphs that succeeds it also with the Annunciations stories from Matthew & Luke with stone craving pictures of an Egyptian king.

If we take Josephus word “not to value this business with names”. Meaning Names and characters are interchangeable then we should not value the Time and place of events neither. After all Typology is basing one character upon another.

Lets see what we have to compare:

1. Exodus 32 Golden Calf statue is constructed

2. The people are stiff-necked to break the Law

3. Moses is upset and breaks two stone tablets

4. Moses crushes Statue of Calf into powder and makes violators drink it. Similar to Khnum in the Annunciation scene in Egypt fashions Horus on potters wheel. Egyptians did have festivals like Saturnalia where cake images of Osiris/Horus are eaten.

5. Makes people go Back & forth in camp killing eachother like Pilate tells Romans to kill Jews.

6. Moses travels and goes back to mountain to speak with God about Calf & Statues. Like Pilate travels back and forth from Jerusalem & Cesarea to transport Caesar’s Effigies.

7. If the festivals the Hebrews were having were to the Golden Calf then we must look into the Egyptian Literature of a story of Hathor called The Slaying of Men. Hathor is stopped from slaying all of mankind by getting her drunk off of beer by mixing it with mandrakes, thought to have magical powers because it had a human shape. Moses reverses this tale by mixing an animal shape calf into water and making the people drink it and then he orders them slain. An interesting coincidence because the beer is made in the city of On (Helipolos) where Moses studied to become an Egyptian priest.

Lets compare with Caesar’s statue in Jerusalem from The Antiquities of the Jews: Book 18:

A. Its at a winter quarters of Caesar Effigies from Cesarea to Jerusalem which is North to South.

B. Jews are Tempted to break the Law

C. Jews rebel for 6 days solders have daggers hidden and encompass Jews surrounded.

D. Jews offer to bare their necks to swords than to break Law

E. Images of Caesar carried back from Jerusalem to Cesarea which is South to North

F. Pilate builds an aqueduct but Jews not pleased for what was “Done about this water” and about its design. Like in Moses the water is spiritually contaminated.

G. Roman Soldiers kill some Jews

@ The Temple of Luxor The Annunciation scene 1200BC

If the Aqueduct was symbolic of the Nile and Caesar’s image was that of Golden Calf then we might have a link with the travel patterns of all three.

Here are scenes at Luxor describe by Egyptologist Dr. Hellmut Brunner

1. Hathor (House of Horus) Hebrew equivalent is Bethel (where Jesus is Born) Hathor/Isis nurses Horus and presents him to Amen.

2. Horus and his Ka (soul/spirit double) are carried by the two Niles North & South. Likewise at the Saturnalia feast to the sun solemnity is fixed to the very day on which the god passes the tropic (Turn of the sun at the solstices), but to that on which his return from South to north first becomes perceptible to all.

4. The Queen sits on a couch and underneath them are three Anubis figures with Cow figures present too.

5. Khnum fashions Horus and his Ka on a potters wheel.

6. Plutarch reports during Winter Solstice a cow walks around Temple for 7 days in search of water. This remind me of the Romans waiting 6 days then surround the Jews.

After Josephus talks about the Pilate incidents of the images, aqueducts and the killing of Jews mentions a Jesus briefly. Then after this he talks about Decius mundus who pretends he’s Anubis to have sex with Paulina and Fulvia who both have husbands name Saturninus a pun on Saturnalia a festival to Saturn in December, from which Christmas originated. It can be shown that Paulina and Fulvia are allegories to Elizabeth & Mary who are in turn allegories to Hathor/Isis & Nephthys.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back