Black People : The sickness of Racism

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    :madd: You know, i'm amazed at times when I read the many emotional bickerings over white people in relation to our people. It saddens me to see how effectively the dominant society in America has done their job upon us as people. I am heartbroken to know that after six thousand years of experience with white people, that we are still making the same mistakes...even though the outcome of our incorrect thinking is recorded in history over and over again as it relates to our interaction with them.

We did not learn from Egypt (Kemet)
    We did not learn from Sumer
    We did not learn from Arabia
    We did not learn from Jamaica
    We did not learn from South Africa
    We did not learn from Morroco
    We did not learn from Timbuctu
    We did not learn from Ethiopia
    We did not learn from Cannan
    We did not learn from Ghana
    We did not learn from the Sudan
    We did not learn from South America
    We did not learn from the Carribean
    We did not learn from Granada
    We did not learn from Ancient Nubia
    We did not learn from Babylonia
    We did not learn from Vietnam
    We did not learn from India
    We did not learn from Japan
    We did not learn from Australia
    We did not learn from Panama
    We did not even learn from SLAVERY !

THE NEXT BLACK PERSON WHO GETS ON THIS FORUM DEFENDING MR. WHITE MAN AND HIS WHITE WOMAN SHOULD BEST PUT SOME HISTORY IN THEIR HEADS AS IT RELATES TO OUR WORLD EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. I WILL CALL IT AS I SEE IT...AND THE FACT IT THIS, THOSE WHO DESIRE TO BE WITH THEM, LOVE THEM AND DEFEND THEM....SHOULD BY RIGHT GET THE SAME REWARD THAT THEY GOT COMING FROM OUR CREATOR, NATURE AND ANYBODY THAT FEELS LIKE THEY WANT TO TAKE WHITEY OUT ! TO BE IGNORANT IS ONE THING...BUT TO HAVE THE ANSWERS BEFORE YOU AND NOT WANT TO KNOW....THAT IS PURE INSANITY !!! AND IN THE WORDS OF DR. PATRICIA NEWTON..."YOU NEED TO BE TAKEN OUT IN A NEW YORK MINUTE" !!!

AND IN THE DEEPER WORDS OF "SISTER SOLDIER"..."IT MAY NOT BE FAIR, BUT IT DARN SURE MAKES IT EVEN". IN THE WORDS OF THE BIBLE: "AN EYE FOR AN EYE"...OR "DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU", AND IT'S ABOUT TIME WE STARTED SOME DOING, CAUSE WE'VE SURELY BEEN DONE UNTO !!! tHIS AIN'T RACISM...THIS IS JUSTICE !!! OR DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD CONTINUE TO TURN OUR HEADS WHILE IT'S "JUST-US ???"

2. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Done, still doing, and will continue to do. Because most of Us done have spine!
    Most of Us rather deal with the sickness of Racist Dogs (Black, White and Other) than doing something original and constructive for Ourselves.
    You want Black Businesses...then you are going to have to support them--and yes, you will have to do like all others-FORSAKE OTHERS FOR SELF.
    You want good and decent Black Communities; then you are going to have to throw out the riff-raff; who bring in the destruction; and hold onto what you got.
    You want White Folk to leave you alone? Then Let Them and all the little Black dogs who loves shyte and call it soup go with them. That will be better for Us.
    I say many times how Whitey plays this sick little game; they are truly unhappy people; and the one thing that gets them off is keeping Us upset and useless to do the things that We can and Should be doing. And that is not their fault it is Ours!
    So, you will continue to see Us defending their heinousness...because When it all comes down to it; We don't know how to do nothing else.

3. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    Maybe the problem isn't so much that we defend white people, but that we don't defend ourselves for the right reasons. Let's think about some things.. such as, how many times have you seen a brother or sister do something that you knew was wrong, but you said/did nothing because you didn't want to look like a sell out? How many times have most of us talked trash about certain white artists, yet secretly had their albums on our CD shelf? It kind of goes both ways.

I attempt to supprt my Black people at every turn. However, I will not disrespect a White person for the simple fact that he/she is White. We all have been guilty at one time or another of embracing a stereotype. And, racism in this country extends beyond simple Black/White. How many times has the Korean shop owner followed you around the store? How many times have you defended the Arabic boy down the street when someone called him a terrorist?

A few years back, there was a KKK rally at University of Michigan. Some name-calling got out of hand, and some Black people began beating a KKK member. A Black woman jumped in the melee, and protected the White dude with her body. When asked why, she said basically said that when it comes down to it, we're all human, and that violence is never the answer. While there is a part of me that is gleeful to see White people getting some getback, there is a bigger part of me that knows 2 wrongs don't make a right... it makes a left.

IMHO,

Toya

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    so true Racism has been the pit fall of american people
    of all creed we as people has had first hand in dealing
    with it and taken for a mental ride but our right two wrongs
    will never be right we must learn and know from past

5. vj57

vj57 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    I am a Christian and it is a command from my Heavenly Father NOT to hate anyone based on race. It might not be popular or "politically correct", but I obey God over man.

That's why He blesses me because I love all human beings. I may not like their ways, but I'm under command to LOVE.

6. vj57

vj57 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    I can say that many of us black people are truly unhappy. Why do we continually rant about "the white man"? We obsess too much over them and this is how we give them power over us.

Get real. Are we black people going to a country of our own with nothing but black folks? Heck, we can't even get along with each other. Last I've heard, the majority of the murders committed in Wilmington DE were black on black.

White people are humans, nothing more, nothing less. Lighter shade of skin than us. Made in God's image just like us. Bleed red blood. Die like anyone else. Have just as much drama going on in their lives.

I find your comments very hateful. You can't even get along with your own black people, referring to them as "black dogs". And you, like many other blacks, are more of the problem and don't even have a solution.

As I said before and I will say it proudly, I obey God. You can call me whatever, but I will tell you that you need to adjust your mind and get rid of the hate.

7. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    I don't get bamboozled by anybody precluding their comments by saying they know God. Usually people who have to say it are either lying. You may fool everybody in here, but you sure as hell ain't fooling me. I'm glad you find my comments hateful--because that says something about your Own mentality-- and your holier-than-thou attitude is just rhetoric so that you can look at yourself in the mirror everyday. I don't have to hate White people...and I sure as hell will not Hate myself.

No one on this whole site has ever advocated having a separate land. Why should African-Americans give up what they have bled blood for? I just wonder how many Black people you have gone running to White folk and Lied on about. How many Black people's death have you yanked off too?

As if I am stupid enough to tell you what is going on? You right, I am the problem...because ain't nothing going to change unless African-Americans change it, and stop lying and coddling themselves; and get to work. I am a big problem...and I will stay that way.

?????????????????????????????????????????? Only something sick would throw that in! Last I heard 98.634% of White folk killed in this nation every year is by other White folk. Last I heard 83% of those on the receiving end of hate crimes are Black Folk (and 67% of those are perpetrated on Black Folk by White Folk).

You have to LIE to keep from dying. I hope that little tryst gave you the feel good you needed... but I ain't the one.

As far as I am concerned All Racist Are The Lowest of Dogs...ESPECIALLY AFRICAN-AMERICAN ONES... You been barking.

Your God is not a real God--- God does not lie; God is about truth.

8. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    Where was it stated or inferred by the thread starter that you should dislike a White person because they are White?
    Why would you say that African-Americans who are Disliked, Discriminated Against, and Killed JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK--inferred that? Shouldn't everyone be respected?

If We were like that--We'd be killing White Folk, all of Us. But the vast majority of Us get up everyday, go to work, raise families, and live the best WE can---in Spite of Our men being the greatest Targets of Hate. Despite the attacks that All of Us suffer...Everyday.

The only disturbing trend that some of Us who Love Us do fall into however is that We don't acknowledge those White Folk who have died right along with Us; who fought with Us...who lost families and jobs because they chose to be more Right than Wrong... to not do so, We are just Like Them.

I agree that You should never return Hatred with Hatred. I Know that African-Americans have the capacity to Outthink any and all situations..it has been Our History... (it is when We fall to the whims of those who want to hurt Us, and let them keep Us upset and off focus that We mess up) and We have. That is Why every racist and ignorant thing people say about Us is reported enmass--- Keep'em upset and in a reactionary mode.

Well, I, personally have never experienced none of the very stereotypical examples you use. I would never go into an establishment where I am followed and sure as hell wouldn't give them my money. I haven't defended any Arabs... And no, I have not ever been a silent participant in any disturbing behavior by other African-Americans...

And I am not interested in White Folk getting any "get back" (that is a waste of time and energy); I am more interested in African-Americans reclaiming themselves and getting some "get up."

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Happy69 your post to VJ57 is unacceptable! You can disagree with her without calling her out of name & cussing at her.

I need to say this....Black Nationalism needs to be better represented than what I have been seeing on this website lately....you guys are starting to come across like raving lunatics!! Malcolm X...Marcus Garvey...WEB Du Bois...Kwame Nkruma...Ida B. Wells...these leaders were able to argue their points without having to resort to childish name calling. These founders out debated their opponents (white & black) with intelligience...with articulation. How are you going to convince people of the righteousness of the cause (building a self-determined, prosperous black community) when you are spewing such venom from your mouths? People don't just pay attention to what you say, they pay attention to how you say it!! If you come out cussing & throwing insults, people tune you out before you even get to your point!!! They will tune you out even if you are right!

Happy69 I have been reading your post for a while now. You are very intelligient, and you are articulate when you want to be. I am telling right now that you need to go back to that. Please edit or delete that post. This is starting to become embarassing!

Signed,

A Black Nationalist

10. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    No. Do whatever you want to do. But I will not edit or delete anything I wrote. Ban me. I will not hold my tongue when someone comes in and lies on me. I turn the other cheek too many times, it is about time I stop people when they lie and tell untruths. You can do whatever you want.