Brother AACOOLDRE : The Shipwrecks of Odysseus and Paul

AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
Dr. Dennis MacDonald, who received his Ph.D from Harvard University in New Testament has written an article called:

The Shipwrecks of Odysseus and Paul

The article appears in the New Testament Studies Volume 45 (1999) pp 88-107

“Acts 27–28 frequently points to the shipwrecks of Odysseus in Odyssey Books 5 and 12, the second of which the hero narrates in the first person. The shipwrecks of Odysseus and Paul share nautical images and vocabulary, the appearance of a goddess or angel assuring safety, the riding of planks, the arrival of the hero on an island among hospitable strangers, the mistaking of the hero as a god, and the sending of him on his way. Luke's intention in relating Paul's shipwreck to those of Odysseus was to exalt Paul and his God by comparison”.

This is the Abstract I was allowed to copy and await permission from the author for the full text.

After independently discovering a link of Odyssey book 5: 333 with Ino-Leukothea and Hyginus’s had this to say in his Fabulae 4 compared to Lukewarm in Rev 3:14-22, I became elated to see that other scholars saw links with Homer and the New Testament.

I’m spreading the news with scholars to have them study it and disseminate the information to the public.

By Andre Austin

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back