Black People : The sheer foolishness of the "Civil Rights Movement"...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by solomon7, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solomon7

solomon7 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    The sheer foolishness of the "Civil Rights Movement"...

Dr. King attempted to "force" Caucasians to do certain things w/ Blacks.

Like eating w/them, going to school w/them(which would, by the way, insure that our people were taught history from THEIR perspective),Even the ability to go to the restrooms w/them.

Of course, it would have been harder though, why did Dr. King NOT encourage us to meet our OWN needs?

Would the Caucasian not have allowed us building and running our OWN restaraunts and schools? I THINK NOT. I believe that this would have made MANY of them quite satisfied.

Also, I wonder, how many Blacks, today, eat at those reataraunts targeted for "de-segregation"?

2. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    The Civil Rights Movement was done people human beings,so it is not perfect and it does have certain legalities involved that keep black people in America dependent on the Civil Rights Acts since the acts were not meant for a true citizen(in legal terminology,not self-definition).You are the foolish one for attempting to critique and downgrade a man who sacrificed his life for you without personally knowing you.MLK was not perfect,he was human and he did what he could,so he deserves that respect.Hindsight is always 20/20 but I wonder what you would be saying about any of the efforts of MLK,Medgar Evers,etc, if it was 1952 in America?

Think about this,if the white people in power in the American government DID want blacks in America to be seperate,then why did they firebomb Black Wall Street? Keep in mind that Black Wall Street was firebombed June 1, 1921(before Civil Rights).Part of the reason that some white folks hoped for segregation(and still do) was because they wanted blacks to be dependent on them so that they could do with us as they please and watch us as we demand to be treated differently.When we become self sufficient and self-reliable they try to destroy all that we establish since they cannot compare themselves and cannot keep us on a leash.They want to keep people of color in the world contained and inside a fence,if they did not than none of us would use the word oppression.

3. solomon7

solomon7 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    ." I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood."

sounds like he wished to intergrate.

Quote:
    ...play the good Samaritan on life's roadside; but that will be only
    an initial act. One day we must come to see that the whole Jericho road must
    be transformed so that men and women will not be constantly beaten and
    robbed as they make their journey on life's highway. True compassion is more
    than flinging a coin to a beggar; it is not haphazard and superficial. It
    comes to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring. ...

Dr. King, here, refers to us as "beggars".

He never encourages Blacks to do anything for themselves.

It is plain to see, by his stating "us" and "we", he does not see Blacks as being seperate. He seems to think Blacks are American, also...

Quote:

In a sense we have come to our Nation's Capital to cash a check. When the architects of our great republic wrote the magnificent words of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every American was to fall heir.
    This note was a promise that all men, yes, black men as well as white men, would be guaranteed to the inalienable rights of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

WRONG! IN THE CONSTITUTION, AFRICANS ARE DESCRIBES AS "3/5'S" OF A MAN. "ALL MEN WERE NOT CREATED EQUAL" IN THE EYES OF THE "FOUNDING FATHERS".

It is obvious today that America has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as her citizens of color are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, America has given the Negro people a bad check, a check that has come back marked 'insufficient funds.'
    When we allow freedom to ring . . . from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city , we will be able to speed up that day when all God's children, black men and white men. Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: “Free at last. Free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last.”

“I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed. 'We hold these truths to be self‑evident, that all men are created equal.’ I have a dream that one day. . . . sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhoodAFTER 400 YEARS, HAS HE LEARNED NOTHING!. . . . This is our hope. . . . With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day. . . . This will be the day when all God’s children will be able to sing with new meaning. ‘My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing."'
    -‑MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
    August 28, 1963

“No, I'm not an American. I'm one of the 22 million black people who are victims of Americanism, one of the . . . victims of democracy, nothing but disguised hypocrisy. So, I'm not standing here speaking to you as an American, or a patriot, or flag‑saluter, or a flag‑waver—no, not I. I'm speaking as a victim of this American system. And I see America through the eyes of the victim. I don't see any American dream. I see an American nightmare!”-‑MALCOLM X
    April 3, 1964

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    and he was shot dead for his troubles which is why he is not around to defend himself from people like you.
    tell me, what have YOU done for black people?

5. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    The "Rantings" of a most ungreatful "Fool"*

Hotep

Every thing with out exception (freedoms we all injoy) is because of the so-called "Civil Rights Movement" at least they were doing "Something"!! When to day we find every one injoying the fruits of the blood and lives spent to open the doors up wide for so-called Negros to complain about nothing. If you are not doing any thing what ever to free your self and your family you are nothing and have the foolish hart to disrespect your "Ancestors" who made the way for you!? You are in deed most un-greatful and spoiled to say the least. Why don't you get up and take part in your own "Liberation" and stop looking for a "Spook" to do for you what you are suppose to be doing for your self. Honor the ancestors...respect the ancestors because you one day soon will be one of them.[/U]

Ase`

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    Excellent question, Brother James.

Strong message, Brother Moorfius.

Solomon, you are certainly entitled to express your opinion about Dr. King, but it seems to me that you probably wouldn't be sitting there typing on a computer and connected to the internet if people like Dr. King didn't say the things he said or lobby on behalf of us and yes, even people like you. You might still be drinking out of water fountains and using public restrooms for "Coloreds Only!" I realize there's no way to prove this now but do you think you'd be where you are today if it wasn't for people like Dr. King? It's so easy to sit on the sideline isn't it to point fingers, a Black one at that, and criticize the actions of those who are out there in front, actually putting their lives on the line to make a difference in the lives of Black Americans. Who knows, if it wasn't for men like Dr. King, your name would probably be on Sheriff Boonefarm's list to be lynched and you know what, it'd probably still be legal. Then we would walk past your body swinging from a tree and thinking....hmmmm...strange fruit.

And THIS is the BEST you can do? To ridicule the man...a dead man at that...for following a DREAM!! What's your dream for us Brother?

And you know another thing, you love to stir things up with controversial topics don't you? :gossip: What's your whole point for that? And please don't tell us that you're NOT going to stop telling the truth to spare someone's feelings...we've heard that line in the Spirituality Forum.

Queenie :yawn:

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

obviously.......ZERO....

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

EXACTLY!
    :censored:

9. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    dr king helped us all. but there is nothing wrong with criticism of the end results of the movement.

but can we 86 that speech? i mean year after year its i have a dream that we can all be together, i mean thats unhealthy for kids to hear. whites have an agenda and its not to love everyone!! but rather to kill everyone even poor whites.

I believe the i have a dream speech is why we as blacks suffer from i have a dream syndrome! looking to marry, whites, looking for a hand out. so many too many take the attitude that the ultimate achivement is for us to live among whites rather than build our own world wide alliance.

10. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Nothing that was done by anyone to advance the causes of Black people world wide was foolish or in vain. We have right the to think however we may be we don't have the freedom to express whatever we want at the expense of offending others in a private venue. This is thread divisive, disruptive and detrimental to the unity of our brotherhood and sisterhood. Our foundation of progress can not be built upon the notion that our efforts to gain civil rights, civil justice and civil equality is sheer foolishness.

This thread is closed....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.