Black Short Stories : The secret life of pastor greyson

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by asimplepoet, Jul 12, 2008.

1. asimplepoet

asimplepoet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +229
    part 3
    I hang up the phone and take a moment to compose myself. The children will be slowly floating down to the kitchen table for breakfast in a few. I hear EJ in the shower, Jacob’s saying his morning prayers, and cartoons are filtering in from Zion’s room. I don’t know what else to do but start our morning routine. I gather the bacon, eggs, and pancake mix to start Saturday’s usual big breakfast. I mentally run down my things to do list for today. EJ has mime practice at 9:00, Zion has dance practice at 10:00, Jacob has a Jr. Usher meeting at 11:00 and they all have youth choir rehearsal at noon. EJ needs poster board for a project, I promise Jacob he could have new game for his v-smile, and Zion needs new Sunday shoes. My mom wants us to stop by her house for a visit and my mother-in-law is coming here for dinner. As I prepare breakfast I mentally arrange the schedule so everything will get done. I holler for the kids to hurry up and get in gear because we got so much to do. But through it all in the back of my mind is the outrageous images that I saw this morning. I can’t believe my husband would have the audacity to do this to us but not just us but God. How does this honorable man of God get entangled into a situation such as this perversity?

Some how I made it through Saturday with out falling apart but it was definitely through the grace of God. Because heaven knows if I had my way I would be somewhere on top of the building with a cape or somewhere pulling my hair out. It’s Sunday morning and its church time. Normally I am like David “I was glad when they say unto me let us go to the house of God”. But today I am feeling a little weary for I know I will have to be on my p’s and q’s so no one will sense that anything is awry. But First Ladies are supposed to be built to take a licking and keep on ticking so I will make it through this Sunday. But heaven knows I can’t wait to have a face to face with my husband on this evening. I think about all the opportunities that I have had to step out on our martial bliss but I didn’t because I was committed to us. Momentarily I think about doing *** for tat but I dismissed the idea out of hand because I will never ever be able to make his hurt and betrayal equal mine on this day. I go to church and praise the Lord like I have lost my mind because praise and prayer are my normal tools to get through any situation. And I return home with a sense of calm. But I guess that was like the calm before the storm. Because as soon as I heard his keys in the door it seems like all the hurt, anger and rage rose back up in me. I try to stay in control but what is a holy, spiritual, anointed wife to do at this juncture? What would you do in my place?

To be continued

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    yes this story got me hooked what's next...

3. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Gee, I thought I had already responded to this one. Seems like she operated on automatic pilot on Saturday, just doing and not feeling. Not sure what I would do. Intriguing story.

4. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    Sister....I do noteven know...The only thing to do is to wait at the moment...He is gonna talk hobbldy gosh....but ya gotta talk to him...Even IF he is a adulterating scumbag! On my way to part four Sis....Ya getting me riled