Black Short Stories : The secret life of Pastor Greyson pt 1

asimplepoet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 13, 2006
Somewhere between paradise and diaster
Occupation
Teacher
Fumbling in the dark looking for my key, wishing I had remember to cut the porch light on before I left earlier in the evening. Because as tired as a sister is, the last thing I want to do is rummage through my bag at 2 o'clock in the morning looking for a key. But gratefully they are on top of the bag. I put the key in the door and twist until I hear the deadbolt move. Unbelievable the house is silent. But then I guess it always is when my husband is out of town. It is if our lives sit on pause until he returns. (But I tell you about that later.) I drop everything at the door and immediately head for the kitchen cause a sister is starving. Thank God the kids save me a corner of the casserole that I left them for dinner. I put it in the microwave and begin my nightly rounds. I stop in EJ's room first to check on him and almost broke my neck on something on the threshold of his door. With the hurricane of sneakers, clothes, and video games that is his 15-year old room; there is no telling what it is. But I am too tired to wake him up and fuss. I cut his computer and TV off and move to next stop on my rounds. Jacob's room is in immaculate condition as usual. His room is almost too clean, sometimes I worry that he is not more childlike at 9 years old. But he's definitely been here before as the old people say. I quickly give him a kiss on his forehead and move on to my final stop. My baby girl, Zion's room is so candyland sweet and pink that it is sometimes overwhelming. I take the time to tidy her room and tuck her in more tightly. And then I return to the kitchen for my lukewarm dinner and begin reading the mail. It mostly looks like junk but one oversized envelope catches my attention.

It is address to First Lady Greyson which is unusual because usually that is something only the congregation calls me. I vaguely wondered why they would be sending me something in the mail when I see them almost everyday. There are three services on Sunday, Bible study on Wednesday, noonday prayer on Tuesday and Thursday, and various rehearsals on Saturday. Friday is the only day that there isn't anything scheduled. But tonight is Friday and I was still out on church business until 2 o'clock in the morning. Sister Johnson had a stroke and her family wanted me to come pray with them at her bedside. And emergency definitely don't follow a schedule. But I digress back to the letter. Even as I open the package I begin to get a bad feeling. When I finally get it open a plethora of pictures fall out. In these pictures my husband, Pastor Elijah M. Greyson Jr., is in a state of undress with someone other then me. But that is not the extent of my distress that someone else is a man. I sit in her in utter disbelief. I am too shock to do anything I want to cry, pray, call somebody or do something besides sit here with this dumbstruck look on my face. I want to call him on the phone but I know he won't answer at 3 o'clock in the morning. I don't know what the correct response is for a pastor’s wife when she finds out her saved, sanctified, holy-ghost filled, and fire-baptized husband is having an affair with a man. So I sit here staring into space....

To be continued...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back