Black People : The Secret/Law of Attraction: Does It Work for African Americans?

FloatDarkMoon

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 7, 2008
Hotep Everyone,

Being a recent blogger on Destee, I have not come across a thread on the The Secret/Law of Attraction (LOA). I'd like to discuss this.

As a big fan and practioner, I wanted to get your thoughts on whether the practices in the movie The Secret, LOA, is applicable in the lives of African Americans.

Can we change our lives by thinking differently? Does the LOA go aginst the Bible? If so, how? If you believe in it and follow its teachings, does it erase racism/white supremacy? Can you really live a good life in America or are you just a product of what white people want you to be?

In addition, are you reading/participating in the Oprah and Eckhart Tollie web event (NAYY)? What are your thoughts?

Floating DarkMoon
Hut Sut Ra

FloatDarkMoon said:
Hotep Everyone,

Being a recent blogger on Destee, I have not come across a thread on the The Secret/Law of Attraction (LOA). I'd like to discuss this.

As a big fan and practioner, I wanted to get your thoughts on whether the practices in the movie The Secret, LOA, is applicable in the lives of African Americans.

Can we change our lives by thinking differently? Does the LOA go aginst the Bible? If so, how? If you believe in it and follow its teachings, does it erase racism/white supremacy? Can you really live a good life in America or are you just a product of what white people want you to be?

In addition, are you reading/participating in the Oprah and Eckhart Tollie web event (NAYY)? What are your thoughts?

Floating DarkMoon
Hut Sut Ra

I saw the video, I thought it was shallow, and it encouraged materialism. Plus it can be seen as a confirmation to continue an unrequited relationship a person may have. In other words I see this 'secret' technique breeding more stalkers.

Hotep

hiphopolx said:
I saw the video, I thought it was shallow, and it encouraged materialism. Plus it can be seen as a confirmation to continue an unrequited relationship a person may have. In other words I see this 'secret' technique breeding more stalkers.

Hotep

Hotep hiphopolx,

Can you explain how it encourages materialism when they do repeat that one can have anything they wanted, including spiritual and physical health?

And I really do not understand how this could breed stalkers...Please explain.

Floating DarkMoon
Hut Sut Ra

FloatDarkMoon said:
Hotep hiphopolx,

Can you explain how it encourages materialism when they do repeat that one can have anything they wanted, including spiritual and physical health?

Floating DarkMoon
Hut Sut Ra

Yes but emphasis was put on the material things. Law of attraction. The video showed ppl window shopping and how they could use the law of attraction to get the things you want, and/or any person you want. What if that person is spoken for? Do they talk about why we even want these things in the first place? If they did then I missed it and I've erred in my overall take of the '' Secret'' and I'm sure you'll let me know.

FloatDarkMoon said:
Hotep hiphopolx,

Floating DarkMoon
Hut Sut Ra

Ppl are in and out of relationships all the time. But some ppl don't know when to move on. If these ppl see or read the Secret's ''law of attraction'' they would waste more of their time trying to pursue their unrequited love. For example, I'm gonna think of her before I go to sleep, and before I go to work, and before every meal, and so on. If that love interest still don't return the feeling whats to tell me otherwise I'm not trying hard enough to put out the vibes necessary for the law of attraction to work. The next step is calling but if that person said 'don't call me no more' then I'll just call and hang up. Or maybe I need to get closer like behind her bushes at night for it to work. Did you see all the celebrities that endorsed this product? The video leads me to think the "Secret'' worked for them.(I'm not saying I believe the celebs but more than a few ppl take what ppl with prestige says to heart. That's why they are paid so much $$$ to back a product or service up) All these events could happen and could led to obsession. Not every time but, do we need anything else warping the perspective of reality of folks in these crazy times.:SuN035:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back