Health and Wellness : The Scarlet F - Why fat shaming harms health, and how we can change the conversation

Rather than answer each one individually. I will sum things up this way.
Thank you.

I cofounded a rather large mentoring program in Detroit. I also was a trainer and aerobics instructor.
Congratulations on that achievement.

When I was soft and positive,
In most situations and circumstances being "Positive" is Good...
Being "soft" is rarely good as one will not be able to get much less maintain cooperation and or participation.

I could count on one student per class and a few self motivated people to get with the program.
You were "soft" and hence seen as a pushover, pliable, spineless and moldable.
Children need Boundaries and Guidance....Clearly defined Rules and Consistent Consequences.

The kids viewed me as a waste of time. Something to get out of their boring classes. The adults viewed me as an excuse to go eat junk food.
It is the Nature of Kids to test all and every Boundary Rule and Consequence.....Kids will be Kids.
Really the adults....Then why would they come in the first place?

When I started being hard core and no nonsense.
How would you define that....if not Firm and Discipline?

All the students listened and half got it. My aerobics class had a waiting list to get in, because I drill sargent the weight off of them. Moreover, I had to dial people back in my aerobics class, because they went on starvation diets.
Congratulations are in order on all your successes.
For clarity as per my understanding....Contrary to popular beliefs Drill Sergeants are forbidden by military rules from abusing recruits. Again to be clear I am not saying it does not happen, just that it's forbidden.

People responded to str8 no chaser more than nice guy.
Straight is good....ain't nothing wrong with a little chaser.
I never recommended being a "nice guy"...being firm with anyone who is suffering from an addiction is anything but nice.

Thank you.

Congratulations on that achievement.

In most situations and circumstances being "Positive" is Good...
Being "soft" is rarely good as one will not be able to get much less maintain cooperation and or participation.

You were "soft" and hence seen as a pushover, pliable, spineless and moldable.
Children need Boundaries and Guidance....Clearly defined Rules and Consistent Consequences.

It is the Nature of Kids to test all and every Boundary Rule and Consequence.....Kids will be Kids.
Really the adults....Then why would they come in the first place?

How would you define that....if not Firm and Discipline?

Congratulations are in order on all your successes.
For clarity as per my understanding....Contrary to popular beliefs Drill Sergeants are forbidden by military rules from abusing recruits. Again to be clear I am not saying it does not happen, just that it's forbidden.

I never recommended being a "nice guy"...being firm with anyone who is suffering from an addiction is anything but nice.

When I was in the service, drill sargents were like the one in 'FULL METAL JACKET'

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back