Health and Wellness : The Scarlet F - Why fat shaming harms health, and how we can change the conversation

A.A. uses shaming ? i never heard that. example please

In both group and their sponsor "tough love" tactics are used. Moreover, they are required to have a discussion with everyone they have hurt during their addiction.

Many are quite comfortable in their psychosis.
Not sure if most are comfortable in their illness...some may have given into their weakness and have lost hope.
Shaming can only exasperate that feeling of helplessness...
Shaming can very easily lead to depression and suicidal ideation or worst a personality split (DID).

It becomes a habit.
True....
Help them to form new habits....interrupting the triggers and substituting with new healthy habit

Somethings are needed to get them out of their comfort zone
Yes...
Help them see that it is possible for them to achieve their goals....by provide information, accessibility to aids techniques and technology.
Most important support and mentorship.

So, according to some of your beliefs, drug addicts shouldn't be shamed either?
No One should be Shamed or Humiliated because they are suffering from an Illness.

In both group and their sponsor "tough love" tactics are used. Moreover, they are required to have a discussion with everyone they have hurt during their addiction.
Tough Love is not shaming....
Learning the consequences and effects of your actions is not Shaming but Restorative - Healing
Tough love means not giving in or allowing someone you love to hurt themselves or self sabotage.
Tough love is kind but firm, honest without being belittling, supportive without being abusive.
Tough love in a word is about discipline(maintaining set boundaries and guidelines) instilling Self Responsibility.

Tough love = shame
I think you are confusing Accountability with Shaming
Accountability is holding someone Responsible for their Behaviour whilst Respecting them as a Person.

Not sure if most are comfortable in their illness...some may have given into their weakness and have lost hope.
Shaming can only exasperate that feeling of helplessness...
Shaming can very easily lead to depression and suicidal ideation or worst a personality split (DID).

True....
Help them to form new habits....interrupting the triggers and substituting with new healthy habit

Yes...
Help them see that it is possible for them to achieve their goals....by provide information, accessibility to aids techniques and technology.
Most important support and mentorship.

No One should be Shamed or Humiliated because they are suffering from an Illness.

Tough Love is not shaming....
Learning the consequences and effects of your actions is not Shaming but Restorative - Healing
Tough love means not giving in or allowing someone you love to hurt themselves or self sabotage.
Tough love is kind but firm, honest without being belittling, supportive without being abusive.
Tough love in a word is about discipline(maintaining set boundaries and guidelines) instilling Self Responsibility.

I think you are confusing Accountability with Shaming
Accountability is holding someone Responsible for their Behaviour whilst Respecting them as a Person.

Rather than answer each one individually. I will sum things up this way. I cofounded a rather large mentoring program in Detroit. I also was a trainer and aerobics instructor. When I was soft and positive, I could count on one student per class and a few self motivated people to get with the program. The kids viewed me as a waste of time. Something to get out of their boring classes. The adults viewed me as an excuse to go eat junk food. When I started being hard core and no nonsense. All the students listened and half got it. My aerobics class had a waiting list to get in, because I drill sargent the weight off of them. Moreover, I had to dial people back in my aerobics class, because they went on starvation diets.

People responded to str8 no chaser more than nice guy.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back