Health and Wellness : The Scarlet F - Why fat shaming harms health, and how we can change the conversation

um, no one has ever refuted anything you have ever stated in the history of the site.

in your mind you are always right.

peace
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:bs: I produced evidence and scientific facts. You all present emotional heartfelt opinions

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:bs: I produced evidence and scientific facts. You all present emotional heartfelt opinions

In that case you're also ignoring the scientific fact that EVERY ONES BODY METABOLIZES calories differently resulting in different out comes. For instance I could eat junk food constantly and all it would do is clog my arteries(!!!!) while in another following the same diet end up not being able to get up off the couch they so heavy. I could have given many other examples from my life Kem but I thought the one would suffice for this discussion. But alas apparently not given your rejoinder to me. So in addition to the example I gave I'd also like to add; as I said I've been friends with this man for a long time, I've eaten with his family many times, stayed at his home many a time, we've spent uncountable number days together..........I have never known him to eat junk food at any time aside from a pizza now and then (who doesn't?), in fact he absolutely hates junk food if truth be known, and eats very little what we'd call the high calorie desserts like ice cream, pies, cakes and such. I've never seen him eat much more then I do at any one sitting and rarely any seconds. And because he has a family there is always plenty of food around but never any junk. And any time I've stopped by to say hi or catch up on a late night game I've never found him stuffing his face with any of the garbage snacks that takes up half of the grocery stores these days just sipping a beer enjoying the game.
Mean while.............on the other hand I had a friend (now gone for reasons quite familiar for us), we used to call him hoover, ya know after the vacuum cleaner, because he'd clean up every bit of food in sight....never any wasted or left over food if hoover was at the party if you get the idea. He didn't do a lot labor or exercise if fact what he did do was pottery and he never carried a lot of weight on his frame. But man could he eat!!!!!!!! What he could eat at one sitting would amply provide me a couple of days worth of calories with some left over. And yes his home always had plenty of food around, it was always the first thing he'd ask if you were to drop in. Ya hungry? want something to eat. Wait, I'll get something together for ya.
He never carried a lot of body weight. And by the way he was a smaller person stature wise than I am.

You probably won't find anybody here denying that junk food and it's availability in this culture is a bane and pox on the society as a whole nor that the sedentary life endemic in todays life demands and pressures contribute to the general over all health and well being within this society. However to be making blanket statements that it's all a matter of choice is completely wrong.

In that case you're also ignoring the scientific fact that EVERY ONES BODY METABOLIZES calories differently resulting in different out comes. For instance I could eat junk food constantly and all it would do is clog my arteries(!!!!) while in another following the same diet end up not being able to get up off the couch they so heavy. I could have given many other examples from my life Kem but I thought the one would suffice for this discussion. But alas apparently not given your rejoinder to me. So in addition to the example I gave I'd also like to add; as I said I've been friends with this man for a long time, I've eaten with his family many times, stayed at his home many a time, we've spent uncountable number days together..........I have never known him to eat junk food at any time aside from a pizza now and then (who doesn't?), in fact he absolutely hates junk food if truth be known, and eats very little what we'd call the high calorie desserts like ice cream, pies, cakes and such. I've never seen him eat much more then I do at any one sitting and rarely any seconds. And because he has a family there is always plenty of food around but never any junk. And any time I've stopped by to say hi or catch up on a late night game I've never found him stuffing his face with any of the garbage snacks that takes up half of the grocery stores these days just sipping a beer enjoying the game.
Mean while.............on the other hand I had a friend (now gone for reasons quite familiar for us), we used to call him hoover, ya know after the vacuum cleaner, because he'd clean up every bit of food in sight....never any wasted or left over food if hoover was at the party if you get the idea. He didn't do a lot labor or exercise if fact what he did do was pottery and he never carried a lot of weight on his frame. But man could he eat!!!!!!!! What he could eat at one sitting would amply provide me a couple of days worth of calories with some left over. And yes his home always had plenty of food around, it was always the first thing he'd ask if you were to drop in. Ya hungry? want something to eat. Wait, I'll get something together for ya.
He never carried a lot of body weight. And by the way he was a smaller person stature wise than I am.

You probably won't find anybody here denying that junk food and it's availability in this culture is a bane and pox on the society as a whole nor that the sedentary life endemic in todays life demands and pressures contribute to the general over all health and well being within this society. However to be making blanket statements that it's all a matter of choice is completely wrong.

No, I have not ignored that. As a former certified trainer and aerobics instructor I am aware of how movement or the lack thereof affects metabolism, also age. Which is why one of my posts recommends it. Moreover, proper diet is of paramount importance. Until the weight is gone, junk food has to go. This isn't rocket science. Fat kills. Obesity kills quicker

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back