Health and Wellness : The Scarlet F - Why fat shaming harms health, and how we can change the conversation

Another find Mr. Scientist Man, from real Scientists :

::

The Scientific Underpinnings and Impacts of Shame

You should shame yourself.

:heart:

Destee
*sigh*

see above your conclusions are wrong, as is your data

@Kemetstry ... whether you are right or wrong regarding the leading cause of death, you should be ashamed to suggest shaming anyone for any reason. It's unfortunate that this is the best you have to offer. Go ahead and shame all those that you want.

Destee

@Kemetstry ... whether you are right or wrong regarding the leading cause of death, you should be ashamed to suggest shaming anyone for any reason. It's unfortunate that this is the best you have to offer. Go ahead and shame all those that you want.

Destee

The facts are, just like the opioid epidemic, being fat is a self inflicted injury.

The facts are, just like the opioid epidemic, being fat is a self inflicted injury.

Kem obesity is a problem I know but I think people should be encouraged to lose weight and not shamed. I visited Florida a few years and was in a supermarket. This African American woman looked obese. As I glanced at her trolley all I saw was junk food. Salty snacks and foods with no nutritional value. I did not see fruits or vegetables. I am sure there are people who are obese and are trying to do something about it. Losing weight is not as easy as it seems.
I am a slim woman but tend not to be harsh towards those who are fat. My grandparents on both sides were very slim people.

Remember black folks diet during slavery was terrible and to the present day it has affected many. What I have noticed about African Americans is their love of fatty and greasy food especially those who live in the Southern part of the USA the fast food industry has contributed to obesity. It is time for those who are obese to realise that they alone are responsible for their health. People should return to cooking their own food. I think if this is done there will be a great change in black folks health.

Fast food has become more accessible and people need to realise that they are responsible for their health. The older a person is the more difficult. I think education is the key. obese. There are folks who have a big bone structure.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back