Health and Wellness : The Scarlet F - Why fat shaming harms health, and how we can change the conversation

fruits, nuts, grains and vegetables.........:10200:

Looking at some of the young folk having negative body image, getting plastic surgery, etc., many appear to have healthy diets (not obese) for the most part. In fact, they look fine to me, but something in their mind's eye says otherwise. Every overweight person I know, knows what to eat and not eat. It's beyond what they put in their mouth, but what their eyes, mind, heart and soul consumes (or is being consumed by).

:heart:

Destee

Looking at some of the young folk having negative body image, getting plastic surgery, etc., many appear to have healthy diets (not obese) for the most part. In fact, they look fine to me, but something in their mind's eye says otherwise. Every overweight person I know, knows what to eat and not eat. It's beyond what they put in their mouth, but what their eyes, mind, heart and soul consumes (or is being consumed by).

Destee
so there is no hope ?

so there is no hope ?

As long as a person has blood running warm, there is hope.

The article says - First, do no harm - It also talks about counseling, which I know you're an advocate of, for helping people work out what causes them to have negative body image, see themselves in skewed fashion, etc. It would probably go a long way if people did not call others names, impose their life experience on them (I've been skinny all my life, it's easy.), etc., though I'm no psychologist.

People can learn to love themselves as they are, and move forward from there. It may take some work to get to that place, given all of the images of "beauty" we are bombarded with, body shaming commentary, bullies, life trauma, etc., but it is possible.

Hope is alive.

Destee

Real scientists say otherwise :

Leading Causes of Death​

Data are for the U.S.
Number of deaths for leading causes of death
  • Heart disease: 659,041
  • Cancer: 599,601
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 173,040
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 156,979
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 150,005
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,499
  • Diabetes: 87,647
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 51,565
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 49,783
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,511

Destee

Obesity is the underlying cause of all the things you just listed. My statement stands

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back