REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
THE SACRED MUSHROOM & THE CROSS: Linking biblical
Crucifixions terms and language with Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet
Brief excerpts from the book: The Sacred Mushroom page 107 By John Allegro:

“The verb used in this gruesome tale for “Crucify” means properly “Disjoint”. In the story of Jacob’s wrestling match with the angel it expressed the dislocation of the hip-joint or his penis at a place called “Peniel” most likely a pun on Penis:

When the man saw that he did not prevail against Jacob, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and Jacob’s thigh was put out of joint as he wrestled with him…therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the sinew-socket [Penis] of the hip which is upon the hollow of the thigh, because he touched the hollow of Jacob’s thigh on the sinew of the hip (Gen 32:25-32).

Acharya S states “The terms “thigh” and hollow of Thigh” used a number of times in the OT are actually euphemisms for penis”-The Christ Conspiracy p. 280. Returning back to Allegro:

“The “hip” motif is a recurrent theme in mushroom (Penis) mythology…Again as Jesus hangs on the cross, a soldier runs him through the side with his spear (John 19:34). The resultant wound made a mark large enough for the Doubting Thomas to put his fist in (John 20:25,27). In all these references, the allusion is to the ball-and socket picture presented by the hip-joint, by the head of the penis in the female vagina, or as was fancifully imagined, by the stem in the cap of the mushroom, and the separation of the one from the other by violent means.

As crucifixion was envisaged primarily as pulling apart of the limbs, so scourging also had a similar connotation. The victim was splayed on a frame to receive the lashes, like a starfish stretched out the sand. So in the Jesus story, he is scourged before being crucified, In this case, there is a word-play also involved, since his title, Christ, the “smeared, and anointed with semen”, falls together in Aramaic with a verb meaning, “to stretch out”. P.107

Christianity through the Eucharist supersedes the eating of the Penis by symbolically eating the mushroom: “appears like a small penis” (see page XV). We all know that Jesus was in part symbolic of Osiris (El-Ausar-us/Lazarus) who was cut up and his penis ate by a Nile Fish.
Allegro goes on about the mushroom being a poisonous fungus (Amanita muscaria) and must be cooked and eaten in the proper manner or else

“Well might the writer of Corinthians issue this warning p.163:
Whoever, therefore, eats the bread (manna/mushroom) or drinks the cup of the lord unworthily will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the lord. Let a man examine himself, and so eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For anyone who eats and drinks without critically treating his body, eats and drinks a “crisis’ upon himself. That is why many of you are weak and ill, and some have died…(1 Cor 11:27-30)

Jesus said that those who ate manna after the Exodus died after 40 years and didn’t get to the Promised Land but his body/flesh of manna would allow them to live forever John 6:43-59
Could this be about not Boiling & baking the Manna/Mushroom not properly like it tells you in Exodus 16:11-23 and so maggots and stink don’t grow on it like Lazarus body was in the NT?
And I hate to get off on a tangent but why do the popes dress up like Mushrooms of Amanita muscaria dressing up with red on top and white like the stem of the mushroom. And at the communion the Catholics call the Manna/mushroom a wafer being based in Exodus 16:31-33.

NOW GETTING TO THE JOINTS of Romeo & Juliet
Joe Atwill wrote Shakespeare Secret Messiah and had this to say in part on the play Romeo & Juliet:
The clearest representation of the coming cannibalism on Lammastide occurs in another of Romeo’s statements as he enters the Tomb
Romeo
Thou detestable maw, thou womb of death
Gorged with the dearest morsel of the earth,
Thus I enforce thy rotten jaws to open,
And, in despite, I’ll cram thee with more food.
Perhaps the wittiest example of the wordplay concerning cannibalism is a theme that runs throughout the play regarding “Joints”. The author begins her punning on the word ‘joint” in the following passage in which Juliet’s father instructs her to take her “joints” to the Church, and then refers to her as “Carrion”-(dead body for animals to eat)
Capulet:
How now, chop-logic! What is this?
Proud, and I thank you, and I thank you not;
And yet not proud, mistress minion, you
Thank me no thankings, nor proud me no prouds
But fettle your fine joints (Recall Mary’s fine/good portion Luke 10) gainst Thursday next
To go with Paris to Saint Peter’s Church,
Or I will drag thee on a hurdle-thither
Out, you green-sickness Carrion! Out you Baggage
You tallow-face (III 5, 149-157)
The author then builds upon the theme in the following passage in which Juliet envisions playing madly with joints at her family Tomb (IV, 3, 46-57)
The theme becomes completely clarified in the following passage in which Romeo foresees the strewing of Joints and Limbs throughout a hungry churchyard. It must be remembered that the Flavian satirical system indicated that the Jewish Messiah was “pruned”-that is his limbs were taken off-and eaten by his followers. In Romeo and Juliet this grim joke was reversed back upon the gentile’s royal family.
Romeo:
In what I further shall intend to do,
By heaven, I will tear thee joint by joint
And strew this hungry churchyard with thy limbs (V, 3, 36)
Having established the punning theme on “Joint”, the author delivers the punch line at the conclusion of the play. In the following passage, Juliet’s father asks for Montague’s “hand”, calling it his daughter’s “jointure” (Dowry)
Capulet:
O brother Montague, give me your hand.
This is my daughter’s jointure
For no more can I demand (V, 3, 296-298)
The satire of cannibalism in Shakespeare literature is taken to perhaps the highest metaphorical pitch in Romeo & Juliet. The first fruits in Romeo & Juliet are punning substance, the “flower”-that is “flour” of youth. Juliet and Romeo are incorporated-made into One body and flesh-in the marriage service. They shall not stay alone, Til Holy church incorporate two into one (II, 6, 37). This metaphorical logic continues with Juliet’s father who is opposed to the marriage stating: “God’s bread! It makes me mad” (III, 5, 18).
When Tupac died his inner circle contemplated smoking his ashes mixing them up in a joint hoping to merge their bodies into his. The lady of rage said she wanted to do it but didn’t get the chance and has no evidence the deed was carried out.