Brother AACOOLDRE : The Roots of Roman catholic sex scandals

AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
ROOTS OF CATHOLIC PRIEST HOMOSEXUALITY?

In recent years, The Catholic Church has been racked by revelations of widespread sexual abuses by its priests-pedophilia, homosexuality and adultery. On February 16, 2005, the USA Today newspaper announced that the courts had sentenced a priest from 12-15 years for repeated sexual abuse of young boys. A shocked world entered the 21st century with the Pope and top officials within the Catholic Church hierarchy apologizing for the behavior of catholic priests who had sexually abused scores of young victims. The media and public at-large blasted the church for harboring and protecting pedophile priests. But sexual abuse of young boys by and within the Catholic Church is not new. It began centuries ago in the early formation of the church.

First we begin with the Second Pope Clement who was a cousin of Emperor Titus who owned a troop of eunuch and inverts (homosexuals) who were singers/dancers. Titus castration campaign went on so bad that when his brother became Emperor Domitian outlawed it. The Catholics celebrated St Peter’s castration by having a bronze statue of a rooster in the Vatican with a penis replacing its beak. Even St. Paul whose name means Tiny was castrated and wished it on those who argued with him about castration. They even have Jesus endorsing it (Matthew 19:12)

In 1589, the Catholic Church officially sanctioned the practice of castrating young boys within the church to prevent puberty. For what purpose were they making them Little fishes/Little/Tiny Children (Matthew 18:1-10 Titus troops)? Because the church valued its soprano choirs and needed high-pitched male voices. The church couldn’t use female voices because its own traditions prohibited gender mixing. Therefore, choirs made up of young boys were an alternative that could provide the angelic (NT Angels not male or female) music the church sought, if puberty could be halted to prevent their voices from deepening in their early teens. Church leaders knew that if a young boy was castrated, his voice wouldn’t deepen. Besides a music contribution, castration offered additional benefits to the church. Without sex organs, boys would be less likely to get into trouble, while their bodies retained youthful, female-like characteristics.

The Church practice spread into mainstream European society and castration industry evolved. Barbers performed castrations as a sideline business. Signs in their shop windows read: “Boys castrated here”. Farmers, who had experience in castrating animals, made a little money on the side performing castrations on young boys. These operations were performed without anesthesia. Historians estimate that three out of ten castrated boys died because of hemorrhaging or infections from the surgery. In Some instances, the castration was for naught because it did not guarantee that a boy would always sing soprano. After, castration, many young boys were taunted as freaks. Famous composers like Handel and Rossini composed music specifically for these young boys. This practice of cutting young boys finally came to an end. However, were there any similarities with the black males that produced falsetto voices in songs and emotional moments? If not, why did black male singers abandon the falsetto voice after the Black civil Rights movement?

Even St. Paul whose name means Tiny was castrated and wished it on those who argued with him about castration. They even have Jesus endorsing it (Matthew 19:12)
What a droll interpretation. :10400:

Historians estimate that three out of ten castrated boys died because of hemorrhaging or infections from the surgery.
Shades of modern-day female circumcision on the motherland at this very moment.

Interesting missive, that unfortunately, kinda lost its focus as well as mis-labeled (intentionally?) the Catholic Church as "The Church" when we all know that when speaking of "The Church," black people are talking about the Protestant Church. Indeed, many Protestants of all races do not even consider the Catholic Church to be a "Christian" church.

However, were there any similarities with the black males that produced falsetto voices in songs and emotional moments? If not, why did black male singers abandon the falsetto voice after the Black civil Rights movement?

Question #1: Hayle to the NAW! Puh-lese! :rolleyes:
Question #2: The "Black" Civil Rights Movement? :huh: Was there a WHITE Civil Rights Movement?

What drew me to this thread title (Roman Catholic Sex Scandals) was a former Cardinal in Chicago. I forget his name, but even though he was Catholic, and I'm NOT!, I was mightily impressed with him. Then the national, soon to be world-wide, scandal of priestly sexual abuse of young Catholic boys exploded onto the scene.

A young man came forward and accused the Cardinal of sexually molesting him when he was a teenager. By that time having heard so many such stories, I was pretty sure I could 'intuit' who was lying and who was telling the truth. Secure in my "divining" abilities (but fearful, since I thought the Cardinal was an exceptionally fine man, an exemplary human being), I listened carefully as the young man told his story of betrayal and abuse. When he was done, I was crestfallen. My spidy senses said he was being 100% truthful.

Later on, I got to hear the Cardinal's side. Again, spidey senses on alert, for even though I believed the young man, I felt the Cardinal was due a hearing of his side of the story. With trepidation, I listened to what he had to say about the young man's allegations.... the young man I had found troubled (who wouldn't be in his situation?), but utterly sincere and truthful. Once the Cardinal finished the telling of his story wherein he denied having ever even met his accuser, I was amazed. My 'intuition' told me the Cardinal was, as well, 100% TRUTHFUL! How was this possible? How could BOTH be telling the truth when their accounts were polar opposites?

A few weeks later, the young man recanted. Said he didn't believe the Cardinal was one of the priests who molested him at seminary (there were several). He was visually upset, chagrinned and remorseful. The Cardinal, with the same calm, gentle and "concerned for the young man" demeanor as when through the telling of his story, he proclaimed his innocence, sought out the young man in a spirit of empathy for what he had endured, and forgiveness for besmirching his formerly spotless character.

And it was no act. It turned out that the Cardinal knew something the rest of us didn't, not even his accuser. In the Catholic Church, as in any powerful enterprise, for every one who rises through the ranks (of the priesthood), two of the many "left behind" will hate them for it. A priest on the fast track, the Cardinal had powerful enemies within the Church. It was to THEM that the young man first approached with his story of betrayal and molestation. It was they, who with malice aforethought, planted "false memories" in the impressionable young man's mind (which is why he could tell and absolutely believe every word of his story, thus come off as 100% truthful) before he went public with allegations of sexual abuse in the seminary. As it turned out, the Cardinal was an instructor (visiting?) or something to the seminary during a point in time that the young man attended. The Cardinal's enemies couldn't get him legitimately, so they USED the young man's fuzzy recollection of exactly which priests (it was more than one) molested him to throw the foulest of dirt/accusations on the good Cardinal about whom, interestingly, there was talk at the time of being promoted to the Vatican.... and, finally, derail his career and take him down.

The Cardinal's reputation for good works, kindliness, empathy for the downtrodden and religious piety and scholarliness had propelled him not only through the priest ranks, but earned him the love of his peers, congregants and the respect of non-Catholics, like myself. Tens of thousands of non-Catholics, I might add. It had also earned him friends in high places. The petty, the jealous, the mean-spirited and petulantly resentful glowering from the shadows were kept at bay by his friends in high places. But those friends were powerless in the face of the young man's "false memories" allegations. Skillfully, the (what else can I call them? :10500:) "evil" priests manipulated the young man's memories by planting the good Cardinal square in the middle of them.... by name and as the principle molester.... and by making sure the media was aware of and had access to the young man.

Yet through the whole ordeal (for him and for those of us who really liked him), the Cardinal never once damned the young man, never once said the young man was a liar, a charleton, a puppet, a fool, nothing. He was his consistently compassionate self. He spoke HIS truth - "I'm innocent." He gave no alternative scenarios (ex., "maybe he saw me coming down the hall once and my name stuck in his mind"). No. He expressed concern (not "undue", just enough) for the young man, sorrow for the wrong done him, and when his accuser realized he had been manipulated by the evil priests and recanted, he expressed no bitterness, no recrimination. Brotherly love, care and concern was exemplified by the Cardinal before the vile accusations, during, and after them.
And when he died a few years later, I shed a tear. :10800:

The Cardinal's name was Bernadin. From WikiPedia:
Archbishop Joseph Bernardin was among the first U.S. Cardinals or Bishops to confront the issue of sexual abuse by clergy. He also adapted a strong stance on sexual abuse cases within the clergy by implementing the strongest, most comprehensive policy concerning priests accused of sexual misconduct with minors. Bernardin’s reforms concerning this issue soon served as a model for other dioceses across the nation. [1]

Bernardin himself was accused of sexual misconduct. His accuser, former seminarian Stephen Cook, claimed to have been abused by Bernardin and another priest. However, Cook subsequently dropped Bernardin from his lawsuit, being no longer certain that his memories (which had emerged while he was under hypnosis) were accurate.[2]
Do you see now how utterly vile Cardinal Bernardin's enemies were? Read again:

Archbishop Joseph Bernardin was among the first U.S. Cardinals or Bishops to confront the issue of sexual abuse by clergy. He also adapted a strong stance on sexual abuse cases within the clergy by implementing the strongest, most comprehensive policy concerning priests accused of sexual misconduct with minors. Bernardin’s reforms concerning this issue soon served as a model for other dioceses across the nation. [1]
The petty, the jealous, the NO TALENT BUMS of the Catholic Church hated this man of vision, compassion, mercy and Justice, and sought to destroy him. To destroy him by painting HIM to be the cheap hypocrite they were.

And prolly, child molesters, to boot. :10400:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back