Brother AACOOLDRE : The Rise & fall of Obama

Tbh = to be honest.

Hmmm... I'm not sure I agree that it's "republican" only... I'm a dem but I'm not sure that his power to lead was only prevented by the republicans. I could be Wrong in my assessment, but I don't think what Obama faced was purely from one corner.

Thanks, I should have been able to guess that:)

Well, if we are going to talk about his presidency and how his wings got clipped, we must not avoid obstructionism of the GOP, correct?

How about the guy that called him a lair?

How about the letter to Iran?

How about allowing Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu address Congress?

All these were Republican led efforts, not to mention that everyone else lays full blame on the GOP for governmental obstructionism.

But you are correct, there are some racist Democrats, as well.

This is quite true. I would have voted for her in 2008 but Obama had the ticket.

Have you ever considered the historical significance of these elections?

Blacks were allowed the right to vote before women. Now you have a black prez before a woman. Coincidence? Or history repeating itself?

Also look at the historical context of the difficulties facing black voting rights.. Am I wrong to think women had it easier? Aren't we expecting the same to occur again? (Please let me know if these latter comments should be moved.)

Absolutely. Trump's bid for presidency is a perfect example of what I would call "rabid" racism in the GOP... The really scary thing is how much support he's getting.. I'm not trying to detract from the original discussion but Trump represents the GOP imo. (Imo=in my opinion)

Lets face the facts, and I agree with you absolutely:

"... but it's his presidency that really opened my eyes to the racist views still prevalent in this country."

Black folk were looking for Jesus and turned on him because he couldn't deliver, Racist White folks, both Democrats and Republicans vowed he would only serve one Term. And then we had the disrespectful Birther movement, led by Trump. Not to mention folk jumping the White House fence and breaching the grounds, unheard of before Mr. Obama.

I could go on and on and on ...

This is quite true. I would have voted for her in 2008 but Obama had the ticket.

Have you ever considered the historical significance of these elections?

Blacks were allowed the right to vote before women. Now you have a black prez before a woman. Coincidence? Or history repeating itself?

Also look at the historical context of the difficulties facing black voting rights.. Am I wrong to think women had it easier? Aren't we expecting the same to occur again? (Please let me know if these latter comments should be moved.)

Who are you replying to with this post? It would be most helpful if you learned how to quote a post?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back