Black People : The right side of the immigration debate

OK, if you believe that, try to verify that 80% of the residence of Prince William County think their area have been "DEVASTATED" by this law....that would be very interesting, they support being devastated....

BTW awo dino, do you not know how to break a post into portions so that you don't have to imbed your reply in with my reply? Often times your reply is lost because you will simply bold your reponse, but my post contained bold also....so it does not adequately differentiate your statement from mine. I was just wondering if you didn't know how to break a post into portions or if you were simply too lazy to do it. Either way, I request that you learn how to do it, or stop being so lazy.

I only have one point and it is illustrated by Mr. Caraballo's experience. You have no way to paint this as something we want to happen in our country. Your lame response is to fabricate a bold faced lie that he was in custody for only an hour. It is clear in the article that he was in custody SPECIFICALLY AS RELATING TO THE QUESTION OF VERIFYING CITIZENSHIP, for three days. Even if it was only an hour, It is abhorrent that people would be dragged into jail simply cuz they look Mexican. That is so obvious. It is NOT a minor inconvenience. You sound so incredibly white, not just white but elitist white. For only an elitist white person would have such a cavalier attitude about this.

I only have one point and it is illustrated by Mr. Caraballo's experience. You have no way to paint this as something we want to happen in our country. Your lame response is to fabricate a bold faced lie that he was in custody for only an hour. It is clear in the article that he was in custody SPECIFICALLY AS RELATING TO THE QUESTION OF VERIFYING CITIZENSHIP, for three days. Even if it was only an hour, It is abhorrent that people would be dragged into jail simply cuz they look Mexican. That is so obvious. It is NOT a minor inconvenience. You sound so incredibly white, not just white but elitist white. For only an elitist white person would have such a cavalier attitude about this.

Apparently you did not read this post:

My point is that:

1) We must be allowed, as every other nation in the world, to enforce immigration laws....None of this "MEXICANS WITHOUT BORDERS" garbage.

2) The Arizona law is not the comprehensive answer.

3) The federal government is responsible for the comprehensive solution.

4) The Arizona law will encourage the federal government to act.

5) The issue with Carabello is not unique at all and short of comprehensive reform, will continue to occur with or without the Arizona law.
"This individual was held in local law enforcement custody over the weekend on an ICE detainer based on initially available information that he was an alien subject to deportation. ICE took custody of him on Monday morning and released him within one hour, after his identity was verified, and the ICE detainer was canceled."

But such incidents are not unusual, said Stevens, who went through the files of an immigration and refugee rights project and found that 82 cases -- 1 percent of the total -- involved U.S. citizens, most of whom had been held for three months to a year.

That would translate to 4,000 of the 400,000 people detained last year by ICE, Stevens said. She also tracked 30 cases since 2003 where ICE went a step further and deported U.S. citizens, she said. In one case, it took a man wrongfully deported to Jamaica a decade to put together the paperwork to return to the United States, she said.

I fully understand that immigration control will be imperfect and that that imperfection will more often than not effect non-white people. ( I cannot, in good faith, consider that a reason to simply say "hey, once they are in the country illegally, don't mess with them because 1% of the people you detain will be legal residents or citizens.) I do not believe in open borders and I do not support the ability of illegal immigrants to think they don't have anything to worry about once they make it past the fence)

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

What is your opinion on what is the right side of the immigration debate for Black people and other legal minority citizens?

Full Speed,

Thank you for providing reassurrance that we are entitled to our opinions without the need to defend them, thank you very much brother Full Speed.

Black people should be lining up on the right side of Reparations rather than some debate concerning immigration laws and reform, in my view:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64349
Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

In other words, there are bigger fish to fry for us as a People, our agenda and dialogue should be about more meaningful things and our unity, about our empowerment; not continual participation of disunity and combative discourse, in my opinion...Peace In Brother, for real!

Full Speed,

Thank you for providing reassurrance that we are entitled to our opinions without the need to defend them, thank you very much brother Full Speed.

Black people should be lining up on the right side of Reparations rather than some debate concerning immigration laws and reform, in my view:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64349
Reparations Movement Growing Strong...Closer than you think

In other words, there are bigger fish to fry for us as a People, our agenda and dialogue should be about more meaningful things and our unity, about our empowerment; not continual participation of disunity and combative discourse, in my opinion...Peace In Brother, for real!

I will take a look at this thread. My OPINION going in is that If we get them great, but I am not going to hold my breath. I do not believe it is a realistic expectation. That being said, I see the thread title indicates "Closer than you think" That raises my couriousity immediately. So, I will approach the thread with an open mind and perhaps my OPINION will change.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

I will take a look at this thread. My OPINION going in is that If we get them great, but I am not going to hold my breath. I do not believe it is a realistic expectation. That being said, I see the thread title indicates "Closer than you think" That raises my couriousity immediately. So, I will approach the thread with an open mind and perhaps my OPINION will change.

That's great Brother, I look forwarded to reading your post.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back