Black People : The right side of the immigration debate

I don't really have an opinion on the issue. I can understand the issue tax payer dollars being used to pay for medical cost et al for "illegals".

On the other hand I'm sure we have enough pork in state and federal budgets to offset these expenditures.

However there's one thing that we seem to be forgetting, and that is the vast majority of mexican "illegals" are of 1st nation descent.

Arizona, new mexico, nevada, texas and california are their ANCESTRAL lands. Incidentally california was named for the california indians, many of whom are black.

Large contingents of their ancestors were forced to leave these respective states for mexico.

Something worth considering

Mexico's 1810-1821 war for independence from Spain became a civil rights crusade. Of the 3 military heroes to have states named after them, Hidalgo, Morelos & Guerrero, the latter two were African-Indian. Demands of total racial equality, full civil rights under law and an end to slavery rang in most all the major decrees of the 1810-1821 freedom fighters. AfroMexico, then 10.2% of the population (by Spanish census) flocked to this struggle and by 1820 comprised most of its leadership and troops.

http://www.mdcbowen.org/p2/sf/faq035.htm

I am watching democracy now broadcast on this issue as i am typing. the key here is that since the mexican revolution the us had worked to undermine mexico's independence and this arizona legislation is only about leveraging us political and military hegemony over mexico and the sanctions are designed to force mexico to open up their petroleum market to us financial interests.

The irony here is the fact that slavery was abolished in mexico long before the us civil war and emancipation proclamation, and much of the afro-mexican population was centered at vera cruz. this included many black folks who migrated from havana and new orleans, and they chose a location rich in oil reserves, as blacks at this time controlled, yes controlled, shiping industry in caribbean prior to the spanish conquest. van sertima speaks to this presence without going into detail of exactly the extent of their trading networks.

since as the articles state, the MAJORIY of the mexican leadership and troops up until 1820 was afro-mexican, there has been since this era an attempt (campaign) to keep black folks in us ignorant concerning the large presence of afro-mexicans in the heartland of mexico.

i been down this road before and am just adding perspective but won't debate on this issue...

it is what it is...another attack on the civil liberties of non-white people.

Modupe brotha Omo, you beat me to it :)

Ignorance truly is bliss. That my black brothaa and sistahs would display such ignorance is amazing. I am an American born in this country. Your country occupied mine and when they needed cannon fodder for there bs wars, they gave us "citizenship." I pay taxes, I went to public school, evrything else that all Americans do. Now, if I am in Arizona I will have to carry proof of my citizenship? F.U.!!!
More Puerto Ricans have died protecting this country - as a percentage of our population - than anyone else. Not far behind are mexican Americans. I have an old Korean dude in my class who told me that in Korea, amongst old vets, there is profound respect for the bravery of those Puerto Ricans that fought in that war. And now we have to worry about getting thrown in jail if we can't satisfy the local krakka sheriff? F.U.!!
Black Americans of all people should see what this is, it is aparthied, straight up. You are a disgrace to your self, your people and humanity. I worked on a dept. of labor study for 5 years and employers from all over the country said they hire Mexicans because they are the only ones willing to work! If you are an American and you are cleaning hotel rooms, working in a chicken factory or picking oranges you are a loser! a drug addict or something. Taking jobs from black people? Please. No one owes you nothin. If you can't compete with someone who doesn't even speak the language, you are an idiot!
But all of that is secondary. If you think this is good law, you are a fools fool. You are the same fool who complains of driving while black, but have no problem with me being subjected to driving while brown. You are a hypocrite!! I expect such hypocrisy from the likes of Full Speed, the white wonder. But the rest of you? Incredible. Stinkin Hypocrites.

So, do you support open borders allowing anyone and everyone to go and come as they please into this country with NO ENFORCEMENT of existing laws or control over who goes and comes into this country???????

Do you also support allowing anyone and everyone to go and come as they please into your home as they please?

Why do you think any nation on earth should not have the ability to control and enforce who come into their country?

It is obvious that some mexicans are wanted and even needed in this country to fill certain work needs for certain job segments, so NO ONE is trying to prevent the existence of mexicans or other immigrants into the country.

If you are pulled over by the "krakka sheriff" in Arizona you will aready have to present a drivers license demonstrating you have a legal right to operate a vehicle, what is the big deal about presenting documents that show you are a legal resident??? The only people who have something to fear concerning this law is those who are in violation of it.

Hospitals in Arizona are inundated with patients who are illegal and whom they have no hope of ever collecting payment for services rendered. This cost these hospitals hundreds of millions of dollars per year. Who do you think that cost is past on to???? legal residents who pay their bills.

A company I am closely connected to renders emergency medical care to accident victims, more and more of their patients are illegal residents. When these patients are served, there is zero hope of collecting. This increases the cost of care to those who are legal AND directly effects the amount of salaries available to be paid to employees. YES, I want to see immigration laws inforced.

For people like you who are trying to make a racial issue out of this are either ignorant to the fact that people like ME have to pay for the services of people who violate the immigration laws or ignorant to the cost of having people in this country illegally as compared to controlled immigrations where guest workers are assigned a number simular to our SSN which can be used for billing purposes when they receive services and to pay a tax on income they earn here (Perhaps at a lower rate than citizens)

Question, if a public election were held right now and you were told that if you cast your vote to allow illegal immigrations to go unchecked and unenforced, your pay check would DECREASE by $500 per month, your taxes would increase by $100 per month, and your cost of health insurance would increase by $100 per month, and your deductable would increase by $500, HOW WOULD YOU VOTE???

If you don't support WIDE OPEN, come and go as you please, willy nilly borders and the cost increases that go along with that policy, WHAT would you suggest as a common sense, controlled immigrations policy and enforcement of that policy???

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back