Black People : The Return of Jim Crow

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Alarm Clock, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    June 26, 2013
    The Return of Jim Crow

By Ari Berman, The Nation

The Supreme Court’s ruling in Shelby County v. Holder guts the most effective provision of the country’s most effective civil rights law. The opinion by the Roberts Court was the most radical since Citizens United v. FEC and the worst voting rights decision in a century, since the Court upheld poll taxes and literacy tests in Giles v. Harris in 1903. Just as the Citizens United decision led to an explosion of unregulated dark money spending in U.S. elections, so too will the loss of Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act encourage many more of the shadowy voter suppression attempts that we saw in 2012.
    http://billmoyers.com/groupthink/voting-rights-act/the-return-of-jim-crow/

2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    They are determine to get who, and what they want in office this next time around. And they don't care if their true colors show.

3. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    We need Africans and to speak to Africans to restore our sense of African wisdom! You hit the ball out the park!:bullseye:

It seems that this generation of Whites is focused on returning things to how they were in the 50s, and they have a collective focus to that, the right wing, left wing and progressives all desire White supremacy, sad we have no doggone focus whatsoever,
    no plan or strategy and by 2016, we will sit around when the new president puts o his Klan robe on inaugaration, and every governor in every state, we will all sit there with our lip poked out, wondering what to do!

4. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    First off, thanks for posting this bruh...

You know, I thought that same thing when I read this. We have to stop sleeping because they know we are divided now, and they are trying to take us apart piece by piece. You got the tea party that is moving their agenda along under a false guise. Which is why I scratch my head when I see blacks in the tea party.

Like Allen west, and Dr Carlson

But what these two, and others like them don't know that they were/are being used by the tea party.

peace!

5. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    dont worry bout them, we have ten thousand who dont know one way or the other, to each of them.
    Remember "Stephen" was very real and there were tribes that helped the White man and sent, some of their fools to help on the boats and came here, and made either free or overseers, or Black slavers! There were over 300 Black families that owned slaves therefore their descendants ......today ........! You know!

It is sad that at times the web looks like a curse cause even on FB we seem to have no focus on solutions and the White oligarchy knows we are easily distracted!
    They throw BS out into the media and we forget to feed our babies or change their diapers, pay our mortgages or rent, kiss our wives or check our children's homework, let alone focus on true Black Nationalism, cause we gotta remember the fat white cooking lady, or the one year trial of a racist killer, who who won the last game, not saying it is wrong to talk about or focus on these things, but 2 hours out of a week to focus on preparing for our childrens future is too much?

6. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    You have a point bruh..we are distracted by things that don't help us not one bit. You can't over look the fact that whity didn't like Obama being elected, so they formed the tea party quick fast, and in a hurry. It seems we have to be dragged away from the chopping block to save our own neck. From what I can see out here in Wa. state, there is no black political activism out here.

Peace!

7. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    The Return of Jim Crow? lol

I thought he just changed from a hood to a hat to appear more mainstream.

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Most of those "300 black families that owned slaves" "owned" their relatives. It was a custom for blacks of love and conscious, once having achieved freedom, to "buy" their mothers, fathers, siblings, children from slavers. After all, no slaver is going to say: "Okay, Jim, now you're free, guess I gotta let your people go!" :10500: So while on the books as "owning" slaves, those blacks were in effect some of the best of the race for working hard, saving their pennies, reaching back and buying their relatives' freedom. I know because one of my ancestors purchased the freedom of his WIFE, my X-grandparent, from the scum who held her in human bondage.

9. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    no the laws did not change until the 90s, not talking about the racist vibe we feel from them but actual legislature

10. Alarm Clock

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Yes they purchased them and freed them however there were 300 Black families that actually purchased owned and whiped Black people!
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads...endants-of-black-slave-owners-live-now.74519/