Black Men : The Reason Black women are Angry at Black Men

Great thread and thoughts Family! :toast:

I have seen / heard the angry, hurt, bitter Sister manifesting what is inside of her, trying to put it on Brothers, but it aint the Brother's fault.

Much of this particular bitter, angry, hurtful manifestation comes from Sisters letting men mistreat them, then are mad at him because he didn't stop on his own.

Men are usually clear regarding how they're going to treat a woman, letting you know right up front (or soon thereafter), what kind of treatment you'll get from him.

If he repeatedly makes you cry, cheats on you, lies to you, does not provide for you ... and you stay ... you're making your own self bitter, not him.

Remaining in these type of relationships, hoping he'll change, continually investing your self and resources, is guaranteed to produce bitterness.

Brothers do what Sisters let them do, and the more mistreatment you let men do to you, the more bitter you will be.

Sisters can avoid being bitter, by making better choices and decisions, regarding the men they allow in their lives.

The Sister that does not let Brothers repeatedly mistreat her, use her, etc., has no reason to manifest this energy.

Great Topic! Thanks for letting me share! :D

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Great thread and thoughts Family! :toast:

I have seen / heard the angry, hurt, bitter Sister manifesting what is inside of her, trying to put it on Brothers, but it aint the Brother's fault.

Much of this particular bitter, angry, hurtful manifestation comes from Sisters letting men mistreat them, then are mad at him because he didn't stop on his own.

Men are usually clear regarding how they're going to treat a woman, letting you know right up front (or soon thereafter), what kind of treatment you'll get from him.

If he repeatedly makes you cry, cheats on you, lies to you, does not provide for you ... and you stay ... you're making your own self bitter, not him.

Remaining in these type of relationships, hoping he'll change, continually investing your self and resources, is guaranteed to produce bitterness.

Brothers do what Sisters let them do, and the more mistreatment you let men do to you, the more bitter you will be.

Sisters can avoid being bitter, by making better choices and decisions, regarding the men they allow in their lives.

The Sister that does not let Brothers repeatedly mistreat her, use her, etc., has no reason to manifest this energy.

Great Topic! Thanks for letting me share! :D

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee
My stepfather taught me to acccpt a man as he is or leave him alone. Sometimes a woman will tell herself that she can't leave a particular man alone. When you know something is bad for you but can't leave it alone that's not love. That's addiction. How do we overcome addictions? By being mad at the drug? Or by looking inside ourselves for the self-love that will give us the strength to move away from something that hurts us.

The time and energy we spend kissing a frog in the hopes he will turn into a handsome prince is time and energy taken away from real princes. One reason some of us may do this is because we don't believe we deserve a real prince. Another reason may be that we may feel we can validate ourselves as true women by having a love so strong it will cause a bad man to change. That's not love. That's working on a project. If we do not love ourselves enough to make us do what is good for ushow will we love someone else enough to make him do what is good for him? This is slave mentality. The same mentality that makes us value what we do for whites more than what we do for ourselves.

There are real Black princes and kings out there. And they are waiting for us to see them. It is self love and self respect that will heal the emotional warts we got from kissing frogs and enable us to kiss a real honest to goodness Black African prince.

This has been a public service message brought to you by Da River

River, I love your last line, true dedication. I consider this thread an opportunity to reverse the negative tension towards brothas, so hopefully more sistas will share some love to illuminate that most of the women on Destee.com aren't in this category.

I urge the "angry sista" to heal from her wounds before getting back in the scene. Learn how to smile again, take the edge off and relax in his presence, so you can clearly see him as an individual without your experiences..just him........now, beautiful isn't he!

B]

Yes, sista. That is what this is about.

No, I also can't agree that THIS is the reason.

As a Black woman, I can and have been "angry" and with the White man for his treatment of my People... my ancestors and present-day.

I have been angry when I and my own mother, sister and brothers were subjected to overt and covert racism and the hindrances of the White power structure.....insulted, sabotaged and physically and emotionally assaulted.

IMO, there is a difference between being "angry" and being "bitter."

IMO, these two words have too often been lumped together....making them SYNONYMOUS with each other.....That, just because a Black woman is "angry" with a Black man in her life, that she is also, automatically, "bitter" towards Black men in general.

With that said, I have only been "angry" with ONE Black man at a time...not ALL Black men. (with one of my exes, it took me 3 years to even speak to him again (lol); but, eventually, I was able to "let it go" and make peace with him.)

And even then, I was not "bitter." --I did not "hate" him. I did not wish him harm....but I was hurt and angry.

I have never lumped ALL Black men in the same barrel

Knowing that there are Black men who emotionally and financially care for their seed, I do not view all Black men through the lens of my sorry, dead-beat, biological father....I do not compare every new Black man in my life with the bad ones in my past.

Instead, I have learned to be introspective and asked myself, "How did I contribute to this pain, by word or deed, in this relationship?"

...."what, of my behavior and what is it IN ME that helped lead to the hurt I feel now?"

So I can LEARN from these mistakes, change ME, and know better NEXT TIME.

Yes, at the moment, a woman is just "HURTING."

So, she aint tryna "analyze" herself....only HIM and how he hurt her.----And, yes, it takes some, more than others, longer to get to that point.

And this why there ARE some "BITTER" Black women out there.

However, this is true for some Black men as well.

There are just some people (men and women) who are NEVER able to own their own accountabilities in a relationship....It is ALWAYS somebody's else fault.

... THEY are NEVER a part of the problem....THEY are always the "VICTIM."

...THEY just, CONTINUALLY, somehow, have the "bad fortune" to attract and get involved with members of the opposite sex who mistreat/abuse/take advantage of/hurt them in some shape/form/fashion.

THEREFORE, it MUST BE some kind of FAULTY mechanism in Black men/Black women that CONTINUALLY produces this result! :cool:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back