Black People : The Reality of Black People In Canada

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    this is some serious ish right here. I mean, check this out. Up here I have gone through culture shock in many degrees. because Canada is presented as being a truly multi-cultural society, a lot of black and white people have grown up together as if they really don't see color. By the way, there are a lot of Jamaicans, Haitians, Afrakans and Trinidadians up here...and one of the biggest things going on is them (whether male or female) having white mates. People of all races up here be talking, dressing and acting as if they are black and interact as if all is okay.

That is the illusion because here is the reality. The reality is that Black people are only 5% of the population up here and in that sense are essentially powerless in terms of owning or having anything. I literally was walking around asking Black people; "where is there a black barber shop"? People was looking at me as if I was asking a strange question, so I had to be specific. "Where is the hood located where I can wake up in the morning and ONLY see Black People"? Then I got a response....but I should have gotten it the first time I asked. I now see why and how Kemet and many Black places fell apart. The reality is this; "A place can propose too be multi-cultural or desegragated all it wants to....and can even present that illusion socially to the world....but where it matters most in terms of economics, politics, businesses and the judicial system, this place is just like the U.S. with white people at ther top making all the decisions with and for their own people!!

2. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    I could have told you that! :)

3. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I never understood why Africans leave Black African nations in Africa and the Carribbean to go live with their oppressor and colonizer, then talk smack about the efforts and hell Black folks in the US went through in the 60s so they could get the jobs in the US that no Black regardless of where they came from were able to get before the civil rights movement.

4. sekou kasimu

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    I do! :) They are just HBCU, Historically Brainwashed, Corrupt, and Useless! ;)

5. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Oh snap!:eek:

But never say useless! If you saw this thugged out dude today on the street doing his thang, you would assume he was useless too?
    [​IMG]

6. sekou kasimu

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    He was until he came to his senses! ;)

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    we spend waaay too much time putting down other black people……let's put down the system of white supremacy

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hey Brother Keita ... :wave: :wave: :wave:

Good to be reading you! Glad you're okay!

Finding the Black People ... oh gosh ... you sound like me 16 years ago on the Internet! :eeek:

We were hard to find then and here too ... but those days seem to be gone ... :yaay:

If you can't find enuff Black folk there ... just come on home ... we'll have a light on for ya!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

9. novek

novek Active Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +36
    What city are were you in? As a Canadian I have a hard time believing you got snubbed asking for black barber shops....by black people. When I'm in a new city I'll just ask a fellow black brother where he gets his hair cut and thats how I find a black barber.

So you are saying you asked where the hood was and you got the response you were looking for? I'll only believe this if you were in the Jane/Finch part of Toronto. Other then that I call B.s.

10. crwn

crwn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
    Has it ever occured to you that these "mis-understood" people leave because they want a better life not only for themselves but for their families, what is so hard to understand. most of if not all of these countries that they migrate from have little or negative growth, therefore it's either leave or suffer forever. They have done what other nationalities have done Europeans, Asians and South Americans. Now if they were to prevent them from emigrating to these very same countries you would more than likely have a different arguement or observation. Name a country or a continent, we were there first, the black man is a citizen of the globe and now we have black people literally telling other black people where they should or shouldn't go. And as a matter of fact some of these small nations are independent in name only, some foriegn embassy within their country are usually their puppet masters.