Black People : The Real truth about black people

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Radical Faith, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    What is the real truth about Black people/Nubians/Negroes/Colored Folk/ Africans/African Americans/ etc.? Is there something we can say that is universally true about us that we all agree on? Besides being conquered and forced into slavery what else can we say positive and negative about us that is true?

I believe deep down we are angry and sad though we have moments joy and elation. We are some how incomplete and not satisfied with our situation. We may live and die with what has happened but as a people we are still not happy. We are angry about our past. We look for blame. We are angry at God. There is deep sorrow in our spirit. We are a work in progress.

Peace

Radical Faith

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    surely i'll be back to this as i pounder on the thought

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I know that we were the first people on this planet, and that everything we donce created has been taken away or overturned by white folks. And the way I see it, this is just another thread suggesting that we let white folks get away with all they have done to us. Regardless of the circumstances, someone has to be punished.

Cedric Denson

4. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    :thinking: See the truth stop flowing in the early years of the 20th century. By 1900 it was agreed that all info about the early years had to be changed to hide what was becoming common knowledge to us. I have several books from the 1930's one was written about the United States and the years of 1492 to 1929. Now you know if a false hood was placed in this book. It would have been challenged. So here is some truth.

It says Blacks.. Slaves were Enlightened, progressive, free thinking, tolerant, broad minded, docile, tame, and quiet if you can believe this. I don’t know how we became so out right boastful. It was how we were allowed to communicate. So in being silly, we make lots of noise. If you want to win. Keep quiet and work. We can go far doing this. Stop saying what you are going to do and just do it. Be careful who you share it with. Uncle Toms are among us to get the info back to the big house. So he can surprise us. Its all a lie he didn't figure nothing out. we keep getting sold out. Now by the NAACP, ACLU and Jesse Jackson and others. They no longer sit down with community folks and talk with us. Yet they are always telling what they think we want to say. :playball:

We have to take back our voice. My daughter told me you can loose your keys, you can loose your glasses, but you can't loose your voice. She is eleven. Go figure.

By nature, submissive, obedient, good by nature. These things had to be destroyed. So a dictionary of words we are suppose to live by was formed. It is more respected than the bible; it is why you can’t trust it. We are liberal, ( another name for progressive.) This is why we belong to the Democratic Party. They are the progressives.

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862

I think that those in their "right" mind could agree that we are a part of nature, but different in many ways, for example, than a tree. How we think and act on our thinking, I'm not sure if there is universal agreement because there is too much that we don't know that we might think may not be true today but could become true tomorrow once we have received enlightenment.

In terms of Black people being angry, sad, with moments of joy and elation are emotions that don't make us different that any other human being. These are emotions that we are capable of feeling because we're human. The difference between us though, is how we manage these emotions. Some do a better job at it than others.

I'm not sure that I understand what you meant when you wrote that we feel "incomplete". To be incomplete means that something is missing that would make us feel complete. What would that "something" be? We're not happy? Well, some of us may not be but each unhappy individual must ask themselves what it is that they're willing to do about it IF they want to be happy.

Anger about our past is only a bad situation if we don't know how to effectively process or manage our anger. We can't change what has already happened. Once it happens, it immediately become our past. But we can impact what happens today and in the future and enough of us know that for it to make a difference. Misguided anger left unattended to only causes one to suffer more. The bottom line is to believe that we have the power to do something to change ourselves and how we think.

There is "value in the valley" but you shouldn't want to stay there unless being there brings about the happiness that you want. But if you don't like it there, have the courage to believe that you can climb out of the situation if you want to.

Queenie :spinstar:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the truth about the black community