Black History Culture : The Real Eve airs May 12

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Slowly, May 10, 2006.

1. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    This is a repeat of a show I saw maybe a year ago. If I remember correctly, it suggests that the oldest modern woman was found in Africa 300,000? years ago. I think it also said, that thru DNA sampling, this black woman has genetic markings that make her the mother of practically everybody on the entire planet. Go to http://www.discovery.com/ and search for Real Eve. The direct link is too long.

2. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    What channel will it air on? I wanted to rent it from the library. All I know about Mitochondrial Eve is that she lived about 150 000 years ago in what is now Ethiopia or Tanzania. And she is the direct maternal ancestor of EVERY human on the planet. Y-chromosomal Adam lived about 60 000 years ago and every male Y-chromosome on Earth is descended from him.

3. torch

torch Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    african prince well based on your other posts i doubt you believe that..but thats the truth....

4. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hey, I think its the same one. Click the link in my post and enter Real Eve in the search box.

5. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    I'm only interested in the truth. The fact of the matter is that the Khoi-San peoples of southern Africa (San, Ju/hoan etc. ) and Tanzania (Sandawe and Hadza ) have the most ancient and diverse dna of all human populations. The original human language had clicks just like theirs, they were hunter-gatherers and clicks were used to avoid startling prey.No one in their right mind can deny Black people are the original race. All scientific evidence point to east Africa being the cradle of humanity and it was fully modern homo sapien sapiens, we could mate with, who migrated out of Africa around 50 000years ago, they didn't have any archaic features like the homo sapien idaltu.