Black People : The Real Deal About "Uncle Tom's Cabin"

Fine1952

The Age of Aquarius
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
Occupation
Employed
"Uncle Tom's Cabin"

As a child, Eye always steered away from reading "Uncle Tom's Cabin" by Harriet Beecher Stowe --yet information of enlightenment came to me when Eye read "Black Labor, White Wealth" by Claud Anderson on page 17. The use of this term is -- ALL W-R-O-N-G!!

A Sambo is really the correct term for a sellout, not Uncle Tom. Therefore, when you use this catch phrase you are exalting the person rather than denigating them.

We don't read. We don't research. We don't investigate what we speak as truth, collectively.

Eye actually went to the library, and read the book--cause it's marked as a reference book (brainchild of USA Patriot Act) and I could not take it out of the library. -- Lo and behold Dr. Claud Anderson, Ed.D. is correct.

So the saying is true. If you want to hide something from a black person just hide it in a book.

Don't get me wrong I am guilty too... :dance3:

Fine

Last edited:
Hello Brother Fine1952 ... i've not read this book, but during one of Brother OldSoul's classes, he shared a little about "Uncle Tom." Now don't quote me, because i can't quote him exactly ... but the jist of what he said was ... during the time our people were enslaved ... the term "Uncle" was one of respect we showed to each other. So if a Brother was referred to as "Uncle" somebody, he was held in high esteem amongst other Sisters and Brothers. The enslavers recognized this, and began to exploit this high level of consideration, ultimately making "Uncle Tom" or "Uncle Anybody" ... a bad thing to be. Virtually taking from us again, established levels of respect we had for each other. Brother OldSoul, if i got it wrong, please correct me.

Now what i really need to do, is read the book.

Thanks for letting me share.

:heart:

Destee

Nicki Minaj is the latest 'dumb as rocks' star posing as talented and knowledgeable, smh! :lol:

It seems that she was totally disrespectful to Joy Reid. Even calling her Aunt Thomas, LOL. What this indicates to me is that though Nicki, who is talented and carries 22.7M followers on Twitter ---as well as. a whole lot of other people in the year 2021 --live in the dungeon of mis knowledge in their use of the term "Uncle Tom" ---which actually means non-sellout. You see, it was Sambo who was the real sell out.

However, Eye can't let Joy Reid off the hook because she actually endorses the jab, smh.

Eye am now convinced that Eye live in a world where the blind are leading the blind in two different directs of ignorance and stupidity. Geez!

It has been 17 years since Eye first posted this piece. Not much has changed the majority of people still use the term incorrectly. A sellout is a Sambo. Uncle Tom refers to a person who supports and defends his racial culture!​

UNCLE TOM REVISITED: RESCUING THE REAL CHARACTER FROM THE CARICATURE​

POSTED ON AUGUST 9, 2011
BY DAVID S. REYNOLDS

1652726047952.png

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back