Omowale Jabali : The REAL Cleopatra

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, May 24, 2006.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Back in the 70s the Black Arts Movement attemptied to "revise" Black History and out of this came what is now known as Black History Month. As a public school teacher I taught english, chorus, art and world history. One thing that I found confusing was teaching world history to middle school students, using history books that I often disagreed with.

However, as I read through some of the current forums, I can't help but wonder how reliable is the information that many "Black people" are expousing.

For example, even though I know a lot of Black educators who contend that Queen Nefertiti was the "Most Beautiful Woman of the Ancient World" I find people here who actually believe Nefertiti was "a white women".

In 6th grade world history it becomes almost impossible to avoid dealing with the historic personage of Nefertiti because 6th grade world history focuses on Ancient Egypt . The same is true concerning Queen Cleopatra. Now we know there was a dynasty of "cleopatra"'s and they were oof Greek/Macedonian descent, from the Ptolymy's...

yet, many "Black" educators assert that the person most recognized as "Queen Cleopatra" was a "black women"...

anyone care to explain.....because I find different things being stated by two different groups of "Black" educators and both cannot be correct..

which leads me to also as....what is your definition of a "Black" person....

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560