Black Spirituality Religion : The Real Bible

river said:
Maybe we both need to look further into this matter. Work on the kjv began in 1604. I don't know if it took them seven years to complete it or if there was just a seven year delay between the translation and the authorization. The process they used involved a lot of going back and forth between Oxford, Cambridge and Westminster and other scholars in the kingdom to resolve disputes and questions and get approval. But if Shakespeare was 46 in 1610 then he couldn't have been 46 in 1604.

Well my pastor swears by the kjv so I'd better have a strong argument if I want to call it into question. Otherwise I know what he will say and I don't see the point of talking to someone when I already know what they will say.

I think what Ingo-moetry was saying about Shakespeare's name equaling 46 would make such a question more credible. Not that I doubt the truth of the Gospel. As I have said elsewhere my relationship with Jesus is not contingent on the Bible, especially not the kjv which I find problematic in some passages.

Peace sister River,

If you do ask your preacher any of this, maybe just start by asking him if he knows anything about King James Stuart of Scotland/England. Because if he does not, then how could he soley go by a work in his name.... No disrespect intended!

When I was coming up as a Christian, The KJV is all I/WE ever read from also until I started to read outside of the KJV scriptures and found out who King James Stuart really was. Even the very fact that they never mention his last name is a sign that they are hiding something from us!!

I wish you well if you do present any of this to your preacher sis..........

peace

SAMURAI36 said:
That's correct, but be thy not convinced, that the work on the Bible took a day, a month or even a year to complete. I definitely wouldn't trust the canon of a book who translation was that easy to glean. Hebrew itself is one of the hardest languages in the world to learn, and that's speaking mostly for the Yiddish version.

No one on earth speaks the dialects of the Bible, even during King Jame's time. So I definitely don't think that Shakespeare finished his work on this in less than a year.

Why would a question become synonymous with a Question? Are you intending to challenge him on this or something?

Even though it's never been my experience, you would think that a religious leader would welcome the more difficult questions that come up--even though most of them don't.

Most of them are often agitated because questions and ideas arise that often surpass their scope of knowledge.

But still, I would think that your Pastor would be glad to see that you are putting forth extra-cirricular study into your Bible and its origins.

Oh, well therein lies the issue. This takes my sentiment above a bit further then..... A person who is that predictable in his pathology is not going to be all that spiritually helpful, in my opinion.

But, this is your spiritual development that we are talking about here, and not mine........Were it mine, this guy would get dropped like a hot piece of Plantain.

If Info doesn't mind, allow me to clarify something here:

It's not that Shakespeares name "equals 46", it's just the mathematical equation used for him to place his signature within his work.

46 chapter of Psalms
46 words down into the chapter = Shake
46 words up into the chapter = Spear
46 years old was (allegedly) his age at the time

Even though I must contest that were it not for the Bible, you would have no knowledge of the individual known as Jesus, I nonetheless agree with your perpective here.....

The Bible as a whole is indeed problematic (not just the KJV), so it's good that your spiritual journey is not contingent upon it.

PEACE

Peace God,

by all means please do................. aslo, that 32 words down from the beginning you find "WILL" & 14 words up from the end you find "I AM" (WILLIAM) or vice versa!!!

32+14=46

Peace

info-moetry said:
Peace God,

by all means please do................. aslo, that 32 words down from the beginning you find "WILL" & 14 words up from the end you find "I AM" (WILLIAM) or vice versa!!!

32+14=46

Peace

True indeed Lord!!

I had forgotten about that as well. His entire name is in that chapter.....I'm sure that if we search hard enough, we'll find more of his pertinent info inscribed in the Bible. :rolleyes:

PEACE

SAMURAI36 said:
No one on earth speaks the dialects of the Bible, even during King Jame's time. So I definitely don't think that Shakespeare finished his work on this in less than a year.
I'd like to know the source of this idea that Shakespeare wrote the kjv.True if he did that would be a good reason why he'd put his name there. But that doesn't rule out the possibility that someone else did it in his honour. After all Psa;ms is a book of poetry and Shakespeare was a great poet.

Note that in doing this the translator did not add anything to the Bible but just took words that were already there and put them into a designed order without changing the original meaning.
Why would a question become synonymous with a Question? Are you intending to challenge him on this or something?

No more so than I have challenged you, et al.

Oh, well therein lies the issue. This takes my sentiment above a bit further then..... A person who is that predictable in his pathology is not going to be all that spiritually helpful, in my opinion.

But, this is your spiritual development that we are talking about here, and not mine........Were it mine, this guy would get dropped like a hot piece of Plantain.
I typed a reply to this but decided it would be best in another thread as it deals with personal experiences not related to our discussion.

If Info doesn't mind, allow me to clarify something here:

It's not that Shakespeares name "equals 46", it's just the mathematical equation used for him to place his signature within his work.

46 chapter of Psalms
46 words down into the chapter = Shake
46 words up into the chapter = Spear
46 years old was (allegedly) his age at the time

Again, is there any other historical or secular record or documentation suggesting that Shakespeare had an influence on the translation or that he was even in the same room with it?

Even though I must contest that were it not for the Bible, you would have no knowledge of the individual known as Jesus, I nonetheless agree with your perpective here.....

This could be the springboard for another interesting thread.

info-moetry said:
Peace God,

32+14=46

Peace

Astonishing!

I'd like to ask you the same questions that I asked brotha Sam. Is there any other documentation showing Shakespeare's influence on the translation?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back