Black People Politics : The Racist Nostalgia Behind ‘Mak[ing] America Great Again’

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by UBNaturally, Jul 24, 2016.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    This is a fairly old article, but let's see what can be shared and explored about this potential ruler of the free world... meh.

The Racist Nostalgia Behind ‘Mak[ing] America Great Again’
    September 16, 2015

When Donald Trump talks about his Utopian America and his promise to “Make America Great Again!”, what timeframe is his campaign slogan is referring to? At what point was America “great” and at what point did it start becoming not so great? On Trump’s campaign “About” page, there is a slew of his, almost none of which revolve around public service.

One of the few mentions of public service, which is not even directly correlated with his efforts to serve the American people, is about Trump and his 7 million Twitter following to “educate the public on the failures of the Obama administration.” Without going into any detail about any specific policies in particular, the reader is left to assume that the Obama administration is the benchmark for when America went from being “Great” to not-so-Great.​

Source:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/esthe...lgia-behind-make-america-trump_b_8145962.html

One could probably just stop there without reading the rest of this to get the gist of the article.
    But what I found was something a bit more interesting...

The single most racist word Donald Trump has used this entire campaign
    March 7, 2016

In a campaign founded, launched, and fueled by bigotry, it's not hard to find Donald Trump saying or doing something ugly. Ugliness is the norm.

One loaded word said daily by Trump, though, stands at the center of them all and it may not be quite what you'd expect it to be.

Again.

The word is "again."​

Source:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-single-racist-word-trump-campaign-article-1.2555694

• This journalist actually refers to the term "again", as racist and fueled by bigotry.

Read that once more, "AGAIN" is equated to racism and bigotry

KING: When I first met you and when we had earlier political talks, you were a, I would call a liberal Republican, a social Republican, a conservative Republican fiscally, but certainly a Republican.

Why this hatred for George Bush?

TRUMP: Well, I just hate what's happened to this country. We've gone to a country that's no longer respected. We're in a war that we should have never -- and by the way, I'm worse than any hawk there is in terms of military and in terms of defending ourselves. But Saddam Hussein didn't knock down World Trade Center. He had nothing to do with it. And there were no weapons of mass destruction. There was nothing.

Saddam Hussein, you know what he did with the terrorists?

He killed them. He would kill terrorists. And now Iraq is a breeding ground. That's where all the terrorists are going. They're going to Iraq because that's the safest place for them to be.

And we're in this country and we should have never been there. And if you look -- I have many friends all over the world. If you look at what's happened with this country in terms of the prestige and all of the other great things that we -- we're losing it rapidly.

Now, they're talking about China. They're talking about Russia. They're talking about India. Look at Putin -- what he's doing with Russia -- I mean, you know, what's going on over there. I mean this guy has done -- whether you like him or don't like him -- he's doing a great job.

KING: What...

TRUMP: ...in rebuilding the image of Russia and also rebuilding Russia period. Forget about image.

KING: You talk about perception. You write about it. But while he is an unpopular president, isn't this a flourishing economy?

TRUMP: Well, if you look over the last little while, it's not so flourishing. The tying that he has done that's good is -- are the tax incentives, because I call them incentives. I don't call them breaks. People are incentivized. But you also look at certain things like subprime and very -- I'm not blaming him for subprime. I'm blaming him for a war. I'm blaming him for the prestige of the country. I'm blaming him that when somebody like me goes to London or goes to Paris or goes throughout the world where I go, we're no longer respected like we were. That's what I'm blaming him for.

KING: Who are you supporting?

TRUMP: Well, I think Hillary is terrific and I think Rudy is terrific. And I'll have to make a choice, assuming they both win. But she's been a friend of mine and he's been a friend of mine. And they're both terrific.

Interview with Larry King in 2007

CNN LARRY KING LIVE
    Interview With Donald Trump
    Aired October 15, 2007

Source:

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0710/15/lkl.01.html

Honestly thought this was the dirt that I was waiting for, but feel like I was "Rick Rolled".

Could have done without the Incredible Hulk soap opera loop, but the context is the progression of what some think Trump has been claiming for awhile, before and after Bush.

Yet we have articles like these that enable people to create "Make America White Again" memes.

Trump's Palm Beach Club Roils the Old Social Order
    April 30, 1997

Mr. Trump, who still occupies a private wing of Mar-a-Lago, considers such sentiments the last gasps of a dying breed. "You have two groups here," he says, "the doers and those who inherited. Mar-a-Lago is composed of the doers. At the other clubs, you probably wouldn't recognize the [members'] names."

The culture clash began to approach a climax last fall, when Mr. Trump's lawyer sent members of the town council a copy of the film "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner," a film that deals with upper-class racism. Mr. Trump then approached the town council about lifting the restrictions that had been placed on the club. He also asked some council members not to vote on the request because their membership in other clubs created a conflict of interest.

Last December, after the council refused to lift the restrictions, Mr. Trump filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Palm Beach, alleging that the town was discriminating against Mar-a-Lago, in part because it is open to Jews and African-Americans. The suit seeks $100 million in damages.

The town denies the allegation and says it was merely deciding a zoning matter. (The Everglades Club denies that it discriminates in admissions; Palm Beach's other clubs generally decline to comment on Mr. Trump's allegations.)

The episode shook the Palm Beach establishment, unaccustomed to having its linen, dirty or not, aired publicly.​

Source:
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB862335923489989500

I'm sure Trump has some connections to mentally ill (white superiority complex) people, he may be one himself, which is what many presume or suggest to know.

But context is everything, and when some use "certain" portions and content to proclaim A, B, C and D, the feeling is that it can be presented better.

This is why we discuss these issues, because some of these "demons" are ready and waiting for the "meme soldiers", and will flick them away without moving a finger, well maybe one.

And don't dare vote for or against Trump or Clinton or Stein because of this.
    Those of you voting, between the two perceived evils... do your best to not feel guilty about which one is selected. If one can't the third option is available.

This could be one big meme on the voting public either way, but when Maim Stream Media and other outlets fume the funk of body odor that's worse that mole stained urine, some just have to leave to get some air.

2. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +299
    I will make one point: Saddam Hussein was no sweetie pie, constantly threatening the United States with "death to America" and did a lot of saber rattling.. I think we took him seriously, huh?! We believed his lies that he had what he didn't really have to bring death to Americans. So, the "oops!" is his. He may have killed Terrorists but it was against Iraq and him, not the U.S.. Now when we get "death to America" from the Middle East, it is just, "yeah, yeah, heard that one before." Except Iran is ratcheting up the nuclear bomb, and Terrorists are known to be supported by Iran. How many think the Middle East is not dangerous?

3. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    35 countries where the U.S. has supported fascists, drug lords and terrorists

In 1958, after the British-backed monarchy was overthrown by General Abdul Qasim, the CIA hired a 22-year-old Iraqi named Saddam Hussein to assassinate the new president. Hussein and his gang botched the job and he fled to Lebanon, wounded in the leg by one of his companions. The CIA rented him an apartment in Beirut and then moved him to Cairo, where he was paid as an agent of Egyptian intelligence and was a frequent visitor at the U.S. Embassy. Qasim was killed in a CIA-backed Baathist coup in 1963, and as in Guatemala and Indonesia, the CIA gave the new government a list of at least 4,000 communists to be killed. But, once in power, the Baathist revolutionary government was no Western puppet, and it nationalized Iraq’s oil industry, adopted an Arab nationalist foreign policy and built the best education and health systems in the Arab world. In 1979, Saddam Hussein became president, conducted purges of political opponents and launched a disastrous war against Iran.

Iran may be the most instructive case of a CIA coup that caused endless long-term problems for the United States. In 1953, the CIA and the U.K.’s MI6 overthrew the popular, elected government of Mohammed Mossadegh. Iran had nationalized its oil industry by a unanimous vote of parliament, ending a BP monopoly that only paid Iran a 16% royalty on its oil. For two years, Iran resisted a British naval blockade and international economic sanctions. After President Eisenhower took office in 1953, the CIA agreed to a British request to intervene. After the initial coup failed and the Shah and his family fled to Italy, the CIA payed millions of dollars to bribe military officers and pay gangsters to unleash violence in the streets of Tehran.
    Read more
    http://www.salon.com/2014/03/08/35_countries_the_u_s_has_backed_international_crime_partner/

Other related source:
    http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/08/20/mapped-the-7-governments-the-u-s-has-overthrown

The history of ‘Death to America’
    February 18, 2015

Americans and Israelis are, understandably, a little put off by the motto. Yet the Houthis are downplaying its importance: The New York Times' Rod Nordland says that when he talked to a Houthi leader recently, he was told it was "just a slogan, we don't mean it literally."

• My own commentary: "Pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon" could be probably seen within similar context

"Death to America" has its origins in America's most consistent modern foe: The Islamic Republic of Iran. The slogan originated during street protests that led to Iran's 1979 revolution, when angry demonstrators railed against Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, the Iranian shah.

"But what I really wanted to do was create a slogan for the revolution that everyone could rally around. So I hit upon ‘The Shah Must Go,’ which, when it filtered down to the streets, became ‘Death to the Shah.'

Once that phrase had embedded itself in the popular mind, it soon mutated. No longer were the protesters calling only for the ousting of their own leader. Now, they also called for the destruction of an entire country: "Death to America."

The slogan's shift to anti-Americanism also reflected a broader change. While the United States was widely distrusted for supporting the shah (the CIA backed a coup that overthrew the democratically elected government of Iran in 1953), and allowing him medical treatment in October 1979 after he had been deposed had made matters worse, Americans weren't initially seen as the revolution's main target.​

Read more
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/02/18/the-history-of-death-to-america

Could we imagine what would happen here if Obama were to have been ousted with the help of MI6 or the Mossad, or any other foreign agency? Say like Russia...

FBI: We Busted A Russian Spy Ring In New York City
    Jan. 26, 2015

The FBI announced on Monday that it had busted a Russian spy ring that was allegedly focused on obtaining economic information including details about US markets and sanctions on Russian banks.

According to a federal complaint filed by FBI special agent Gregory Monaghan in a Manhattan federal court on Friday, an alleged spy, Evgeny Buryakov, posed as a banker in the New York office of an unnamed Russian bank.

Buryakov is reportedly being arraigned in the Southern District of New York.
    The complaint said Buryakov was charged with one count of "conspiracy to act as an unregistered agent of a foreign government" and another count of "acting as an unregistered agent of a foreign government."​

Read more
    http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-we-arrested-a-russian-spy-in-the-bronx-2015-1

Consider if Russia backed a coup in the US to overthrow Obama (or in some people's hopes for future the position to be held by Trump, Clinton, or Stein)... would the American public remain silent, or find anything having to do with Russia as distrustful and suspect?

Let's see how some respond to foreign agitators within government policies.

These are seemingly from politically biased conservative and black christian conservative sites, so will need to weed through propaganda to find related content:

Hacked Emails Expose George Soros As Ukraine Puppet-Master
    June 2, 2015

Just days after George Soros warned that World War 3 was imminent unless Washington backed down to China on IMF currency basket inclusion, the hacker collective CyberBerkut has exposed the billionaire as the real puppet-master behind the scenes in Ukraine. In 3 stunning documents, allegedly hacked from email correspondence between the hedge fund manager and Ukraine President Poroshenko, Soros lays out "A short and medium term comprehensive strategy for the new Ukraine," expresses his confidence that the US should provide Ukraine with lethal military assistance, “with same level of sophistication in defense weapons to match the level of opposing force," and finally explained Poroshenko's "first priority must be to regain control of financial markets," which he assures the President could be helped by The Fed adding "I am ready to call Jack Lew of the US Treasury to sound him out about the swap agreement."

Read more
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-01/hacked-emails-expose-george-soros-ukraine-puppet-master

Ukraine to Receive Third Billion-Dollar Loan Guarantee From U.S.

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew praises Kiev’s reforms, but says more work is needed

November 13, 2015

upload_2016-7-25_12-29-30.png
    U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, left, with Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk, in Kiev. The U.S. has provided $2 billion in loan guarantees to Ukraine this year, and in September Mr. Lew said the program might be expanded by another billion, pending tough reform action by Ukraine. PHOTO: ASSOCIATED PRESS

KIEV—Ukraine will receive a third billion-dollar loan guarantee from the U.S. in the coming months as it continues to stick to a tough reform agenda, U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said in a visit to Kiev on Friday.

Mr. Lew praised economic and fiscal reforms undertaken by the new government in Kiev, but said more work still had to be done.​

Read more
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine...ion-dollar-loan-guarantee-from-u-s-1447420158