Black People : The Racism of European Soccer Fans!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Feb 14, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Normally I'd put this in the Sports Forum, but this deserves more attention:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/4261881.stm

2. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Because there is no where that Black people are not discriminated against and baselessly hated and mistreated.

It seems that only in America do We have these notions of XANADU. Of course I would say that the intensity of hatred for Black people depends on the place... but I would say that it seems that here in America it is the least-because We stood up and died to make changes; making it possible for All of your "people of color," to come here and experience some sense, although, still very small, of freedom.

We, in the African American community are at a precipice (sp.?) in time, where We can really do something- and even though We are waking up in some instances and in some places, I don't have any hope that We will... as a whole people.

If Blacks were united; and We are not, because We'd rather play who is treated better: And common sense tells you the answer: Africa kills and destroys it's own people with zeal... even "Black" places like Trinidad and Jamaica, and even Cuba (since I read that most of the people are in fact of African descent... you get that mixed I guess when you think of the Racist Miami Mafia, as they are called)... the Blacks are relatively oppressed... and in Jamaica, there is a suicide rate of mostly Black males that should frighten anyone... shall We even mention Haiti? Or go into England, and see things for yourself... then ask the question, Why is it in America, We are forced almost to think in integrationist terms... that in order for Us to survive We have to depend on being around White people.... and many of Us aspire to this (you know it is truth); but go to England, where the intermarriage rate of Blacks and Whites is an astounding 35%! That is more than all of the rates of intermarriage of Whites and any other ethnicity in America, put together; No, before the nonreaders run with it, I am not saying anything is wrong with it, in fact I have made it clear - what someone does in their private life is there business... and I don't even want it to affect me and mine (as is apt to happen when White America wants to stick it to'em)...but then you must ask why so many Blacks (males predominantly) in such an integrationist society are in jail (like here); and why what is becoming mainly the weapon of Black Population Control - diagnosis of mental diseases ... Why does this happen?

I guess, I could have been short and said that it reflects how Blacks are treated and mistreated around the globe; and how We are too silly with infighting and self-hatred to stop playing the game, and use Our God given talents to make someone other than everyone else, in exclusion of ourselves, rich.

Pan, you knew if the topic interested me, I would respond fully.

3. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    SMH

When will the madness end????

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    ............................Okay let me get this straight, before I spill out the wrong statements:

They are making Eto'o look like a fool by getting him to think that crazy "behaviour" is fine, but hillarious to them. Not to mention, they are oppressing him, and he has no help.

Family, am I right or wrong? And if I am wrong, PLEASE correct me, because I choose NOT to ignore this.

CD

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Eto’o is a soccer player from Cameroon who plays for Barcelona. He has been receiving racist chats (monkey sounds, etc) from Spanish soccer fans since he joined the team. The Spanish community at large ignores the racist treatment Eto’o receives. Not only does the Spanish community at large ignore the racist treatment Eto’o receives, they do similar things with black soccer players for other European teams. This behavior is very much a reflection of Spanish racial attitudes (cartoons of Africans with pitch black faces, big red lips, and bones in their noses is pretty common in the country). In response to the racist chats he has been receiving, and Spain’s refusal to officially address them….Eto’o decided to “mock” the fans of Zaragoza (another Spanish city) after scoring a goal by “dancing like a monkey”! This is what the article is about. Ironically Spain which has a black population of only about 1%, has an obscenely high inter-racial dating/marriage rate. Apparently Spain’s black population is used to ignoring racist remarks & attitudes towards them!