Single Black Mothers : The Quiet Crisis Killing Black Women

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
This is the very example of what I mean when it comes to some of the issues we should be focusing inward to fix about ourselves.

My mother was physically abused by her husband (my stepfather), and in turn I was physically abused by my mother and to a lesser extent her husband as a child. My maternal grandmother suffered physically abused by her first husband, finally leaving him after having 4 children with him. This cycle of abuse was something I was determined to break, learning to control my emotions and to consider the consequences of my actions. Many do not learn such lessons and instead take away from those experiences that abuse is the natural order of things.

I understand many of our people want to keep silent about these issues because of the images they project about us. Still, that desire to remain silent also ends up allowing the cycle of abuse to continue in some of our families. When things are swept under the rug, they tend to fester and not actually ever be resolved.

This is the very example of what I mean when it comes to some of the issues we should be focusing inward to fix about ourselves.

My mother was physically abused by her husband (my stepfather), and in turn I was physically abused by my mother and to a lesser extent her husband as a child. My maternal grandmother suffered physically abused by her first husband, finally leaving him after having 4 children with him. This cycle of abuse was something I was determined to break, learning to control my emotions and to consider the consequences of my actions. Many do not learn such lessons and instead take away from those experiences that abuse is the natural order of things.

I understand many of our people want to keep silent about these issues because of the images they project about us. Still, that desire to remain silent also ends up allowing the cycle of abuse to continue in some of our families. When things are swept under the rug, they tend to fester and not actually ever be resolved.

Well said Hermetic, well said indeed.

Fear, the gateway to a woman's scared soul, etc. These men got away with abusing and or beating these women because these women allow them to, etc. Yet a many women stood up and stopped a man from beating them etc. Most of these men wanted absolute mental and physical control over his so called woman, wife, etc. He was extracting fear from her, etc. many of these men were simply imitating their fathers, mother's boyfriends ,etc., Btw... most men that beat women were usually always cheaters, etc. Look they had some black women back in the day and still to this day, will hurt a man that puts his hands on her, etc. that is in a violent way.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back