Black Spirituality Religion : The Quality of our Fate depends on how we treat Black Women

Kieta was blunt, but real and not many men will carry that weight of being responsible for our situation today...I must offer some balance by saying perhaps there have been things we as black women have not done correctly,but with patience all things can be corrected and people can heal....

Thank you Queen for mentioning "balance," as you see it, against the backdrop with what our dear Brotha stated. Your input I must add supports what I'm saying. You are saying that "black women have not done correctly." So now let us do a pan view of what we're dealing with.

On the one hand some Brothas pointing at us Brothas as being the problem, then on the other hand, Queens pointing at themselves; then others of us pointing at both of us and... yet others pointing at those who don't look like us and then there are others pointing at those who we can't even see. I'm merely saying that perhaps that is an alternative move we no longer enjoy if we seek to move forward.

Recall a few posts back I gave that analogy about hungry, mad-dog wolves giving chase? If we are in a dire, red-zone emergency we really don't have the luxury or the time to examine certain issues.

Let's pause here for a moment. Is anyone here saying that our collective situation is not desperately urgent? Don't see any hand up. OK.

This is not at all meant to be construed that those issues are not important to us individually and collectively. What I argue, and this I would humbly try to communicate with anyone like I've been doing in this room and others for months, what I argue is --metaphorically-- that our car is running strictly off fumes and grace. Our ride is past "E"...and it's running hot too and smoking from the engines not to mention the pressure in our tires are extremely low and we can hear clicking sounds coming from the engine.

The "Check Engine" light is on.

Therefore, we can't make any stops ---no matter how serious the matter appears to be--until we come to the gas station.

Now examining our analogy a bit further the question, or the burden, was put forth to the Brotha and not the Queens because it's time for us (Brothas) to reveal more of our gentleman side and be like "You know what...I need to do what's right and turn off or either pause my concerns on those issues until I can get my wife and kids to safety."

Some of our Brothas may be asking, "Well why ain't Black Women asked to get her stuff straight first." I respond by noting, "in the face of the current circumstances, a black gentleman-warrior wouldn't even ask such a question."

So in that sense, Brotha K's desired results and those who blunt like him are not lost in the scenario; meaning the focus is still on us to move us (black men) toward the glorifying of our Black Women so that we may have a better future. And so to use your eloquent words:

with patience all things can be corrected and [our] people can heal

In the beginning we suggested that there is much we all have to learn in order to get to the place where we see that the Quality of our future ultimately depends on how we treat our Black Women. One of the obstacles some of our Brothas are facing is us really not knowing some of the basics about Black Women. This fact is understandable since many of us are begets of the Western world. I would suggest to those Brothas who are interested to begin to identify more with how the Black Woman was viewed in the Ancient World then bring that treatment back to the modern one.

In the beginning we suggested that there is much we all have to learn in order to get to the place where we see that the Quality of our future ultimately depends on how we treat our Black Women. One of the obstacles some of our Brothas are facing is us really not knowing some of the basics about Black Women. This fact is understandable since many of us are begets of the Western world. I would suggest to those Brothas who are interested to begin to identify more with how the Black Woman was viewed in the Ancient World then bring that treatment back to the modern one.
Ive started to see more and more black women with white and hispanic men...I believe a black womans first love is naturally the black man...Is it right for a black woman to be 40 years old and have never married because she has been waiting for the brother to ask or be released from prison or date the white man or spanish who seem to marry quicker this is not my story but I know soo many hard working single moms who will probably die waiting...or must wait till the brothers 55 before hes ready to settle down.....thoughts....input...can of worms are now open.....

Ive started to see more and more black women with white and hispanic men...I believe a black womans first love is naturally the black man...Is it right for a black woman to be 40 years old and have never married because she has been waiting for the brother to ask or be released from prison or date the white man or spanish who seem to marry quicker this is not my story but I know soo many hard working single moms who will probably die waiting...or must wait till the brothers 55 before hes ready to settle down.....thoughts....input...can of worms are now open.....

This is a very important and controversial topic. One of which has been discussed here at length in other rooms. I've never participated in any of them but I would now like to offer some thoughts since you brought it up and I would like to link it to our subject matter.

Although it is up to the individual here in the West to be given options to create bonds with anyone they please, I believe in black love. I love to see black men and Black Women together. You correctly observed:

"I believe a black womans first love is naturally the black man..."

If this is the case, which I agree, then why do some of our Queens walk in the opposite direction? It's a very involved response to a very involved question. It's an issue that cannot be divorced from several elements which naturally modifies the dynamics. I'll just mention a few considerations right now. Now as I am noting these elements please be mindful of what you said about Black Women being naturally attracted to her black man.

1. We all live here in the West. Who will deny that the standards of Western beauty are not Black Women and the standard of sexy masculinity is not us Brothas?

2. What type of mentality do you think is constructed when Brothas who are supposed to be on a higher level uses the same denigrating words and behaviors as those who do not recognize the walk of higher levels of thinking? If the 5 Percenters are calling you a savage and a, let's say, a gangstah rapper calling you the same thing-- a savage-- but the non-black male does not address her as such? What position have we placed our Queens in?

3. If black men as a collective do nothing about these these instances of disrespect, or came now to the point to even justify them, then how is a Queen supposed to think?

Let's take a pause here. I want no one to think that I'm justifying a Black Woman not desiring to bond black. What I'm saying is that we black men are not considering what some Black Women maybe struggling with. For me to call a Black Woman a "sellout" when I see she has chosen a non-black man is the easiest way out of trying to understand why she chose who she chose. As you pointed out in so many words, Black Women wanna be loved too.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back