Black Spirituality Religion : The Quality of our Fate depends on how we treat Black Women

eita Kenyatta said:
We as a people began to fall the very minute that we as men began to think that we could excel or that we were greater or above that which gave us birth.

This is certainly a legitimate response worthy of our attention. But I would argue that your observation is more symptomatic rather than causative.

A "symptom" of what?

LOL!
Then I thought about his thread title; 'The Quality of our Fate depends on how we treat Black Women', and realized that was the very thing that JULIUS CAESAR PROBABLY ADVOCATED!!!--AS HE CLUNG TO THE BOOK OF THE SYBILLENE!!! LOL!

OMG! I just have to laught because history does show that that White man believed in that ancient idol goddess that ancient Anatolians also worshiped, and ancient Blacks as well, and not only that but he was said to have married, a Black woman, and then he went after Cleopatra, an ethnic woman, and not only him, but so did Mark Antony, and Octavian and etc. as well!--in order to deceive the ancient Black kings and then throw them down! Those White men elevated Black women, appealed to their vanity, and then used them to deceive the priesthood!!!--Isn't that what the Book of Daniel prophesized to have happened some 400 years prior to the rise of the Roman Empire! Those vile White racist men knew how to appeal to certain Black women that were already elevated, used them to deceive priesthood! Brother, I think this is where all of the, as you say, MADNESS, is coming from! I betcha he is clinging to the a copy or a some kind of rendition of what Julius Caesar clung to! LOL!

After they went through Cleopatra, then they called her a whore, and etc., and then they mocked her and eventually killed all of her little children that she had from those White men lovers, and wanted to bind her, and march her throught the streets of Rome in their triumphal parade...but she couldn't take the rebuke...vanity is dangerous. White men know how to divide the Black man and the Black woman. Elevation of gender will eventually cause rage to the other gender and they know this. This guy is trying to shove the imperfect Black women down your throats...to incite, in my opinion.

Interesting your take. It's the TOTAL OPPOSITE of the great historian, John Henrik Clarke's. I was at a lecture of his once where he talked about Cleopatra and Mark Antony. His take was that:

"Cleopatra didn't LOVE Mark Antony! She only seduced him to SAVE EGYPT! And when she saw all was lost, she killed herself rather than be paraded through Rome!!"

Those were his words, almost word for word. They were impressed upon me by his ferocity and scorn for those who pronounced theirs a "love match." Cleopatra was a queen trying to save her country. Without her seduction, Rome would have crushed Egypt as she sat on the throne.

A "symptom" of what?​

wow...you put me on the spot. this is a question i rarely even try to answer because it involves so many events and this is why I was saying to Brotha K, who is right is some sense, that it was symptomatic rather than causative. but let me say it like this Queen Kadijah. i've heard from many people who would say something like if Black Women are all that you say they are (divine, angelic, all powerful etc) then they must be responsible for their (our)situation. on the face of it, they make a legitimate argument because they are saying if Black Women are divine why then did she create a being (us black men) who would one day challenge her power? Brotha K is saying this is what the Brothas did. that they illegitimately wrestled the power away from his Motha.

i respond with a analogy. but for those who are watching this please be mindful that i'm speaking in the context of when it was just black people who populated the world. thus there is no such concept of "white supremacy." i think our Brotha K will concur. also know this epoch in my time schedule would be what i coin "Ancient Times" which follows Cosmic and precedes Modern.

so, with one theory, i say what if the Motha trusted her creation to the point where she did not question his character and then one day a small group of rebels ambushed her? is he responsible for having trusted these individuals? i argue no because she had no reason for the distrust. i further argue that the burden should not be on Black Women---meaning 'why did she allow this to happen?' but on those few Brothas who did the ambush. in other words, why should the Queen be faulted for loving her Brotha she thought had legitimate, altruistic motives with her.

wow...you put me on the spot. this is a question i rarely even try to answer because it involves so many events and this is why I was saying to Brotha K, who is right is some sense, that it was symptomatic rather than causative. but let me say it like this Queen Kadijah. i've heard from many people who would say something like if Black Women are all that you say they are (divine, angelic, all powerful etc) then they must be responsible for their (our)situation.

Ok, slow your roll, here. Are you of the opinion that black women are more than mere earthly "queens," that we're Goddesses?

on the face of it, they make a legitimate argument because they are saying if Black Women are divine why then did she create a being (us black men) who would one day challenge her power? Brotha K is saying this is what the Brothas did. that they illegitimately wrestled the power away from his Motha.

Interesting. I didn't read his quote that way. I read, well, what he wrote - that black men lost their way. Not anything about a power-struggle with black women! :huh:

i respond with a analogy. but for those who are watching this please be mindful that i'm speaking in the context of when it was just black people who populated the world. thus there is no such concept of "white supremacy." i think our Brotha K will concur.

I think you're putting words in the brutha's mouth. He said no such thing. In fact, he said the opposite when you read his entire quote.

also know this epoch in my time schedule would be what i coin "Ancient Times" which follows Cosmic and precedes Modern.

so, with one theory, i say what if the Motha trusted her creation to the point where she did not question his character and then one day a small group of rebels ambushed her? is he responsible for having trusted these individuals? i argue no because she had no reason for the distrust. i further argue that the burden should not be on Black Women---meaning 'why did she allow this to happen?' but on those few Brothas who did the ambush. in other words, why should the Queen be faulted for loving her Brotha she thought had legitimate, altruistic motives with her.

Can't have it both ways. Either the black man is the Motha's "creation" or he's her "brotha." A brother is equal to a sister. A creation is never the equal of the creator.

Ok, slow your roll, here. Are you of the opinion that black women are more than mere earthly "queens," that we're Goddesses?

No, I'm not saying you are 'Goddesses' because I think that is a subservient concept. History tells us Black Women are more than that even though the colloquial term of the use is positive but not within the Biblical paradigm. You're familiar with Dr. Ben's work. I agree with him when he observes that Black Woman "is the superior force." Goddesses, as the concept is suggested, is not superior to the 'God' but rather 'equal'(supposedly). This obviously goes into other levels of analysis because we will have to deal with 'who is God?' and the like but for now I submit to Dr. Ben's words.

Interesting. I didn't read his quote that way. I read, well, what he wrote - that black men lost their way. Not anything about a power-struggle with black women! :huh:

Well, this is not taking away or adding from his position. Hopefully he could come back in and clear it up but his position is that Brothas dropped the ball.

I think you're putting words in the brutha's mouth. He said no such thing. In fact, he said the opposite when you read his entire quote.

Again, this is taking nothing from his general conclusion which is that Brothas dropped the ball.

Can't have it both ways. Either the black man is the Motha's "creation" or he's her "brotha." A brother is equal to a sister. A creation is never the equal of the creator.

OK, sorry, occasionally I use Brotha and Creation interchangeably.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back