Black Spirituality Religion : The Quality of our Fate depends on how we treat Black Women

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Hello Queenie...I am very well...thank you. I do hope you are well too :heart:

I don't mind at all going back over a few things with you. I am so pleased it captured your interest.

I'm not sure exactly where you would like for you and I to begin because your question is a bit broad. And that's ok too but I don't wanna be long winded and not really get to what you're really asking.

May I ask if you could narrow it down some when you have a moment please? Thanks.
Hey Bro. @Perfection, yes, I will try to be more specific with the question I raised. You know, sometimes, when I read people's comments, I might make assumptions that I understand where you are coming from. But, for some reason, when I read your statement about Black men and consciousness, I paused. The reason for my pause was, I wondered whether everyone reading you automatically knew what you meant by it through some common understanding, or framed their reaction based on their own awareness which could be different for different people.

Hmmm...conscious Black men and their perception of Black women. :thinking:I guess my question is, how does a Black man become conscious and what is it about him that distinguishes him from a Black man who could call Black women by those names? Could a Black man argue that he could call Black women by those names and still think he is conscious? If you don't believe so, why not?

I know...more than one question but I hope this makes more sense. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll try again. :)

Perfection

Aug 21, 2012
Hmmm...conscious Black men and their perception of Black women. :thinking:I guess my question is, how does a Black man become conscious and what is it about him that distinguishes him from a Black man who could call Black women by those names? Could a Black man argue that he could call Black women by those names and still think he is conscious? If you don't believe so, why not?
Ok, I can work with this. Thank you for narrowing it down for me.

1) How does a black man become conscious?

2) What is it about the "conscious black man" that differs from those black men who put Black Women in the THOT club?

3) Could a black man call Black Women bchs, hoz and slughts and still "think he is conscious"?

Great questions!!

I suppose we should start with defining conscious so that the rest of the subject matter makes sense and can be easy to follow. African/black Consciousness is a multifaceted concept. Even so, when studied closely it is objective, not subjective.

Either you are, or you're not.

We're talking about black men being conscious or not as it relates to Black Women. Watch how simple this is Queenie. The first and basic level of consciousness for black men regarding Black Women is respect. He don't respect Black Women, he not conscious. Full stop....period.

I know, I know, I can hear onlookers anxious to catch me on "define respect." Doesn't have to be you're putting Black Women in the THOT club verbally. It could be physically. Beating or hitting on Black Women is not respect, therefore is not a conscious act.

To be conscious, let us see how you treat your Black sister, your Black motha, your Black grandmotha...your black neighbors (Black Women). Work at McDonalds? How you treat that Black Woman customer?

Something wrong with your cell service? You call your provider and get a Black Women who's not cooperative with you? How you treat her?

Consciousness for black men don't start with how many books you've read, knowing dates or knowing about black history month. Being conscious, for black men, starts with Black Women and moves out from there.

Are you with me so far Queenie? What are your thoughts? Objections? Agreements?

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: