Black Spirituality Religion : The Psychology of Believing

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by UBNaturally, Jan 29, 2014.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Could "Jesus", "Allah", "Lucifer", "Mohammed", "Xenu", "Quetzalcoatl", "Buddha" etc... be considered "imaginary friends"?

I have not really discussed this with many, but have contemplated how to categorize these "relationships" when it comes to them having conversational occurrences with or about them.

Would expound on the question further, but would rather allow for responses to create an open dialog.

Respect

2. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    These are all names to describe the same exact thing. The unknown energy that we experience as supreme beings is hard for some to handle especially since we are taught from an early age to deny our spirit. These names were created by people who had good intentions but IMO lacked all the information we have at our disposable nowadays.

I don't follow ANY religion but I clearly realize and recognize the divine presence of the universe. I don't have a name for it and I don't need one. The universe doesn't survive or thrive off of what you call something. The universe just IS.

The longer a person concerns themselves with the cosmetics of things will continue to NOT fully tap their potential power. They have NO idea. If they did they would not care about cosmetics, because they would KNOW where the true power is.

So I don't believe the names you listed are imaginary friends, I just think it's a poor man's way of trying to explain the unexplainable topped off with lack of knowledge especially lack of self knowledge.

When I suggested to someone the god and the devil is in reality the same thing, they had a fit because they didn't understand polarity. Polarity has nothing to do with moral and ethics, but polarity has a lot to do with what "side" of the fence your projections originate. When I asked the same person if this GOD is SO GREAT how is it that this so called devil has so much power and can't be stopped. They couldn't answer. They couldn't answer because they've been taught to look at the universe thru personification when that is really a distraction from your source power to begin with.

I hope the day will come when people can gain real knowledge and stop with what amounts to children stories as self knowledge.

Peace.

We are all little god/devils. Just finite ones. We reflect the polarity just like the universe does. People can kill you or people can help you live. Water keeps you alive, fall in water and it can kill you. Heat keeps you warm and can also burn you to death. It's all in the nature of the universe.

Many won't be able to expound on the psychology of "believing" because they don't have enough life experience, or are stagnated by fear of thinking for themselves, or just lack critical thinking skills. But in ALL cases they do realize there is more to this than what they/we see.

3. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    I think they're not real, but I think calling them imaginary friends is a little too simplistic.

There's a ton of stuff out there about the study of religion through different behavioral approaches -- such as anthropology, sociology, psychology, and philosophy.

It all seems a bit more thoughtful and insightful than just labeling them imaginary friends (or my personal favorite "Sky Daddy").