Black People : The Pros and Cons of Secret Societies, Organizations, Etc.

That is not how competitive advantage works.

Competitive advantage? What competitive advantage is there if said organizations or societies openly state that their purpose is to serve humanity?

Being part of a privet club is being part of some thing larger then oneself.
A group of people that knew my grandfather, mother, grandmothers.
A group of people that will live on beyond Me.
We all have a common goal of mutual survival.
We help each other in times of need and encourage each other when we are down.
We teach each other skills we have, building, farming, raising animals, swimming, fishing, budgeting. Store management.

We are like a privet village, perhaps some day we will be, for real.
Its great to know people from your childhood who now have grandchildren, who in turn know about you.

A large group of people who have a common identity, history, an African based religion and philosophy. Who can help in a pinch.

No response to my post. These are some of the benefits of the so called closed society I'm part of. We don't have any secretes to speak of. We benefit the larger collective by providing more stable, more loved people. hopefully people who can help, instead of hinder our collective good.

I'm not sure what secrete societies you folk are talking about. but in my case we work at being helpful toward the whole.

AXE

I am not a scholar on the matter but I believe African secret societies are about the psychological initiation into community responsibilities as a woman or a man. The Greeks secret societies were much more about aristocracy advantage, not the good of the whole of the society. Although they convinced themselves that they knew what was the best for the common good. While never sharing wealth, or etc.

I am not a scholar on the matter but I believe African secret societies are about the psychological initiation into community responsibilities as a woman or a man.

If you don't really know about something, perhaps it's best you don't comment on it?

Pay attention, the key word is"scholar". If you are going to correct me then correct me based on my premises.

funny: It's your opinion, I wasn't correcting you. You have no base for your comment. You are speaking with out any actual experience. You have no Premises.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back