Black Spirituality Religion : The problem with Prosperity Theology

JuneBugg

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 29, 2002
Rich whites are the establishment who built their wealth through exploitation on the backs of slaves and the poor working class. They control all levels of government to make sure policies favor them, maintain and fortify their wealth, property, resources and enterprises. So it is so fitting that the Conservative Movement believe in Prosperity Theology and use to set up a mythology that what they have and done was divinely blessed by God.

Prosperity Theology portrays the wealthy as divinely blessed and the poor divinely cursed.

Therefore if you are poor it is because it is a moral failing not because of economic policies that work around them. And because it is a moral failing of the poor, there is no program or anything that can help the poor unless they pull themselves out of their wicked state. So Evangelical Conservatives and the rest of the conservative movement feel that it should be no safety net, no programs to aide the poor because all they would be doing is facilitating the poor's wickedness.

Conservatives put a lot of effort in portraying black and brown faces on poverty therefore it makes it much easier for whites to accept that black and brown people are debased peoples and they undermine the well being of the United States.

This is what FoxNews does and every other conservative, evangelical political media and Republicans does, blame the poor for being poor and emphasizes that it is a moral failing. This is what conservatives in general believe.

Prosperity Theology is evil, divisive, destructive theology that has perverted the goodwill message of Jesus Christ and the works he did as examples of how he should be followed: healing the sick, feeding the hungry, showing mercy, helping fatherless children, helping widows and aiding the poor. In fact Jesus had many strong messages to the rich ....

Matthew 19:16-19, 20- 4
16 Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?" 17 "Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments." 18 "Which ones?" the man inquired. Jesus replied, " 'Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, 19honor your father and mother,' and 'love your neighbor as yourself.' "

20 "All these I have kept," the young man said. "What do I still lack?" 21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." 22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth. 23Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Prosperity Theology does an end around Jesus's message to the rich and white evangelicals have perverted with racism to support white supremacy.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back