Black People : The Problem With Keke Palmer’s “Compassion” For Michael Brown And Other Black Victims of Modern Day

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by shaka64, Aug 13, 2014.

1. shaka64

shaka64 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Photographer
    Ratings:
    +956
  2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    there seems to be a lot of equalization going on these days....i ain't for it

3. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    :bowdown:

The "new Black" deals with individualism, rather than group/race dynamics. Individuals fighting racism with sappy emotion rather than coming together as a race to fight/"dismantle structural oppression." So we get "man with sign" who then cries "Can't we all get along?" when direct action, i.e., rioting over the murder of HIS son ensues. And the white folk applaud HIM.

This so reminds me of Raptor's thread:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...bscure-a-collective-matter.80974/#post-886414

[/quote]
    Young black men are being murdered because they "don't believe" they have hope..... like her, which is the reason no cop has killed her. In short, it's their own dayum fault for holding wrong-headed beliefs about the LACK OF promise of their lives. Their fault, NOT the murderers.... who wouldn't have killed them if they were "right-thinking." :confused:

Whomp! There it is!

Individualism takes a racial issue and makes it all about that one person, in Keke's case, Michael Brown. Mike was murdered, to her white-approved way of thinking, because his way of thinking was messed up. He didn't have 'hope,' she postulates, 'and that's wrong.' Had nothing to do with the fact that he's black, she concludes. Except that, maybe, all young black men who are murdered by police are murdered because their "thinking" is wrong? And taken to its/Keke's logical conclusion.... that black skin on young men is "wrong?"

The reality of racism. The reality of being targeted for extermination because of the color of your skin, i.e., your race.

If you read the article, you'll see that I didn't C&P a lot of the black entertainers referenced. I C&Ped "both" black entertainers who acknowledge race and racism as part and parcel of black lives and oppression. This is pretty much an accurate reflection of the black community at large. Even this MB. Which posts are most "popular?" Those that refuse to deal with group dynamics, i.e., race and racism as starkly as they deal with black individuals. Those, that like Keke's tweets, either make 'excuses' for white behavior or simply blame the victim, the BLACK victim ('it's YOUR fault young black men are being exterminated because you're a Christian!').

Which is why atheist posters denounce black Christians but go silent when asked it they hate whites, i.e., it is acceptable to white people.

Racism: Using the POWER of one's race to oppress one of another race. Saying "I don't like white people" oppresses no one. Calling a white person a kracker oppresses no one. Shooting ONLY young, unarmed black men in the back multiple times is racism.

Which is why for ALL their protests to the contrary, the religion-denouncers fear "repercussions" for saying they hate white people. White people have the POWER... and they know and fear it.

Tell the truth and shame the devil! :great:[/quote]