Black People Politics : The problem with Hispanic immigration

Aluku

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 9, 2012
We need to really think about this issue and stop listening to politicians and media talking heads. I posted before that the attraction for the elites is low labor costs and votes.

Let's look at how immigration affects us:

#1. They suppress wages. Simple supply and demand. If I can find an employee who can do the same job you are doing for less, guess what...

#2. Due to the lack of assimilation, specifically language wise, we are disadvantaged because we can't compete for jobs that require bilingual employees. This is already a fact of live in cities with large population of Hispanics, and will soon come to a city near you.

You may say, duh. well learn spanish than. I say duh, how about they learn english than. Moreover those most affected are first time job hunters, laborers, High Schoolers

This is why we need to support common sense immigration policies that do NOT put us at a disadvantage. After all, our TAX $$ are used either way to impliment policies that hurt us or help us.

Some articles that may be of interest:

While African Americans in the job market are accustomed to facing challenges, a new obstacle is emerging: In some areas, blacks are being overlooked and disqualified for jobs because they are not bilingual. In areas like Texas and Florida with large Spanish-speaking populations, bilingual workers are consistently preferred. http://atlantablackstar.com/2012/06/17/blacks-losing-out-on-jobs-by-not-being-bilingual/

We need to really think about this issue and stop listening to politicians and media talking heads. I posted before that the attraction for the elites is low labor costs and votes.

Let's look at how immigration affects us:

#1. They suppress wages. Simple supply and demand. If I can find an employee who can do the same job you are doing for less, guess what...

#2. Due to the lack of assimilation, specifically language wise, we are disadvantaged because we can't compete for jobs that require bilingual employees. This is already a fact of live in cities with large population of Hispanics, and will soon come to a city near you.

You may say, duh. well learn spanish than. I say duh, how about they learn english than. Moreover those most affected are first time job hunters, laborers, High Schoolers

This is why we need to support common sense immigration policies that do NOT put us at a disadvantage. After all, our TAX $$ are used either way to impliment policies that hurt us or help us.

Some articles that may be of interest:

Good stuff, thanks for sharing, Aluku. Considering the drawbacks* in this report, which of the candidates or which party espouses a view that benefits Black people?

*drawbacks:

we can't compete for jobs that require bilingual employees

an employee who can do the same job you are doing for less

Good stuff, thanks for sharing, Aluku. Considering the drawbacks* in this report, which of the candidates or which party espouses a view that benefits Black people?

*drawbacks:

we can't compete for jobs that require bilingual employees

an employee who can do the same job you are doing for less

Unfortunately both parties seem to be controlled by lobbyists on this issue. So any candidate who is serious about this will have to fight congress. I'm keeping my eyes peeled. I'm not just listening to words but I'm also paying attention to personality, character. Because this will cause without a doubt a huge fight.

What I can tell you is that I ruled out Hillary Clinton & Jeb Bush.

Personally I like Dr. Ben Carson a lot so far!

Unfortunately both parties seem to be controlled by lobbyists on this issue. So any candidate who is serious about this will have to fight congress. I'm keeping my eyes peeled. I'm not just listening to words but I'm also paying attention to personality, character. Because this will cause without a doubt a huge fight.

What I can tell you is that I ruled out Hillary Clinton & Jeb Bush.

Personally I like Dr. Ben Carson a lot so far!

We touch and agree.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back