Black Spirituality Religion : The Problem Of Just Rewards And Punishments

river said:
Yes it is better to follow the guidance of those who have had positive experiences wih this. The only thing a Christian will tell you is to stay away from it. Most Christians don't even know that when God told the peoeple to plant during the new moon he was following an astrological principles, but they condemn astrology because there are passages in the Bible that condemn it. Whatever is condemned in one passage is upheld in another. Geesh.

Funny thing is since I've stopped going to Church I went throuh my last period without all the tears and internal drama that plagued me every month for I don't know how long.You may be right; being in a place where we are constantly spoon fed dogma that our spirits tell us is not true generates negative emotions that could very well lead to negative experiences in the spirit world.

Of course you have studied this more than I have and know more about it than I do. I'm just thinking you know misery loves company so if you travel while you're miserable you will attract miserable spirits.

The health of our spiritual body affects the health of our physical body. This can include both mental and physical conditions.

As far as your cycle, there was a thread a while back I made talking about the time of the month and its role in spirituality. Check it out and see what some of the spiritualists had to say.

You will also want to visit this website:

http://www.near-death.com/

It contains numerous accounts of people who have seen the astral plane through near death experiences. Most of them went to a heavenly afterlife, though there were some that had hellish experiences also.

oceolo said:
Nowhere in the bible does it support astrology so I would like it that either you show the part of scripture where it says that or stop saying things that are untrue about the bible

stop saying things that are untrue about the bible

you're funny..........................!!

a few examples of Astrology in the bible -

1) the 12 disciples who really represent the 12 months

2) the REMAINING 4 Gospels which really represent the 4 seasons

3) Jesus feeding the multitudes with 2 fish which really represents the age of Pisces of the Zodiac. As you know, pisces is represented by 2 fish so this scripture is not literal for how could a multitude be fed by 2 fish.

4) Jesus + 12 disciples = 13...........so there is a 13th sign not mentioned on the zodiac that is in use today....which is why they give us hints in movies like "13 ghosts" "the 13th sign" & "the 13th warrior" - masonically speaking of course..............I know Oceolo, God can do the impossible & you can't speak for God because you don't know how he works............so convienient!!!!!

oceolo said:
Nowhere in the bible does it support astrology so I would like it that either you show the part of scripture where it says that or stop saying things that are untrue about the bible

Astrology in the Bible

"There shall be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars." - Jesus Christ, Luke 21:25

The Bible is filled with references to astrology. This is because astrology was widely accepted as truth in Biblical times. Christians who believe that astrology is Satanic would be surprised to learn that the Bible is filled with astrology and even Jesus himself made numerous references to astrology.

People believed in the study of the stars in Biblical times. Everyone knew the influence of the sun on the earth, and the sun was a star. It certainly made a pattern, so far as life on earth was concerned - it shaped everything, or at least nourished everything - and the shape had to be such as to allow the sun to give life to it.

"And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as SIGNS to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the Earth." And it was so." (Gen. 1:14-15)

"And there shall be SIGNS in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the Earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the Earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory." (Luke 21:25-27)

"The HEAVENS declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows his handiwork. Day after day utters his speech and night after night shows his knowledge. There is no tongue or language where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the Earth and their words to the ends of the world. In them (the heavens) he has set a tabernacle for the sun." (Psalm 19:1-4)

"Can you bring forth the Mazzaroth (the zodiac) in their seasons or lead out the Bear with its cubs? (an astrological constellation)" (Job 38:32)

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright MORNING STAR." (Rev. 22:16)

"And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the MORNING STAR rises in your hearts." (2 Peter 1:19)

"Just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give him the MORNING STAR." (Rev. 2:27-29)

"How you have fallen from heaven, O MORNING STAR, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the Earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." (Isaiah 14:12-14)

"After this, Job opened his mouth and cursed the day of his birth. He said: "May the day of my birth perish ... May its MORNING STARS become dark; may it wait for daylight in vain and not see the first rays of dawn, for it did not shut the doors of the womb on me to hide trouble from my eyes." (Job 3:1-10)

"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? ... On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone - while the MORNING STARS sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?" (Job 38:4-7)

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen13.html

Now most religious systems promise that at the end time those who did good in life will be rewarded and those who did evil will be punished. A God of justice would see to that, right.

Now here's the problem--who of us falls neatly into these categories? Among humans we don't have all the good guys lined up on one side with their good deeds and all the bad guys lined up on the other side with their bad deeds. Instead we have people, billions of people, and each one of us is capable of both profound good and viscious evil.

I don't know about you but I've done some pretty wicked things in my life starting from the time I was too young to know how old I was. But I've also done some very noble things.

How does God decide--am I a good person who sometimes does bad things or a bad person who sometimes does good things?

Will he draw a line down the middle of the paper and weigh the pros with the cons?

Will he forgive all the things I've repented of? Well what was I doing on Tuesday January the fourteenth 1978 at 3 o'clock in the afternoon? Suppose I was sinning? I can't repent of something I can't remember so how can I know which way the scales will tilt?

Can an ounce of fornication outweigh a puund of helping a stranger?

This is not a personal question--just food for thought.
I think this is why it's so important to have a Judgement Day for humanity or "Day of Reconing" by a Supreme Judge.

Some people are just plain wicked and sinful, while other's are naturally good people.

But with all the brainwashing and misleading people have done through out history as well as other crimes and immoral acts some people were forced into because of circumstances, no man could ever properly judge another and give them thier just recompense because they have no way of knowing the heart, the circumstance, the environment each individual grew up in nor thier mental state and ability to restrain themselves.

And what about the millions of Africans and Native Americans who were slaughtered by a relatively few Europeans who lived long prosperous lives and died peaceful deaths?

Will they never see justice?

Only the Creator can properly judge each individual and give everyone exactly what they are worth, so unlike animals if man was put on this Earth and given a choice between right and wrong along with a concious and guilt....obviously there had to be a reason for it.

It's interesting that most people when they face death have an immediate "flash" of their entire life right before.

How can 50 and 70 years of experience flash right before a person in a split second and they recognize everything they've ever done....it must be divine.

I think this is just a sign of what we can expect.

oceolo said:
Psalms 19:1-4, which reads as follows:

“The Heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth His handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night showeth knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the Earth, and their words to the end of the world.”

Remember the "bible was written literally" so when it says the stars speak with words that are understood it means just that

Ezekiel 46:3 - Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the entrance to this gateway before the LORD on the Sabbaths and the New Moons.

There are many other verses like this one showing that God has a special liking for the New Moon. If there is nothing to it why would he care?

There are a lot of things in the bible that you know nothing about because all you do is parrot what you've heard in Church. So why urge me to read the bible in its entirety when you prove over and over again that you have not done this?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back